#1 TeamWindy

TeamWindy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hellooo there stoners

I been looking for a bubbleponics system like this or similar :bubble.jpg
I can only find it on stealthhydro , i know there pretty easy to make is there anywhere in the uk that sell these ?

Windyyyyyy :guitar:

#2 SickLeaf

SickLeaf

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

If you are searching for that name thats why you wont find them in the uk i guess. They have given their tub with a pump a mighty big sell and plastered their name for it with trademarks etc to make it sound unique. If you can cut a whole in a lid you could make one for about 20 all in, with an air pump (i like tetra air pumps for my fishtanks, by far the quietest) im not a hydro guy but i dont think you need the water pump and tube feed directed staight in the clay pebbles, look at THEIR photo, where are the majority of the roots? outside the clay pebbles getting washed around by the aerator.

Buy a tub, net pots, aerator and id say a minimum of 2-3 long diffuser stones. all you have to do is cut six holes and a small one for the airline.

Good luck with it. :smokin:
SickLeaf.

#3 TeamWindy

TeamWindy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

thanks m8 , i have been looking at it thinking how basic it looks , im just not a diy man haha , tbh im thinking about just making now, i already got the perfect size tub

its this part that would confuse me
bubbe2.jpg
Does that one tube that goes through the middle connect to that black bit and then it splits off into seperate parts ? im stupid

Could i get away with a tub , 6 net pots , clay pebbles , do i need air and water pump ? thats confusing me lol & some feeding tube . Is there anything else i would need on that bro ?

Windyyyyy :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Edited by TeamWindy, 24 April 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#4 SickLeaf

SickLeaf

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Like i say, im not a hydro guy so wait for a second opinion before taking what i say as gospel.

That confusing bit is the bit i dont think you need, that is the water pump and feed. if you get a decent aerator like a tetra, basically the highest output you can afford, you would be surprised how much turbulence rising air makes in water. if you are planning 6 sites i would position a long air stone under each pair, so three air stones some airline and a few T pieces and valves to balance the flow to each one. Airline valves and fittings cost pence, just pop down your local pet shop.

SickLeaf.

#5 TeamWindy

TeamWindy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Like i say, im not a hydro guy so wait for a second opinion before taking what i say as gospel.

That confusing bit is the bit i dont think you need, that is the water pump and feed. if you get a decent aerator like a tetra, basically the highest output you can afford, you would be surprised how much turbulence rising air makes in water. if you are planning 6 sites i would position a long air stone under each pair, so three air stones some airline and a few T pieces and valves to balance the flow to each one. Airline valves and fittings cost pence, just pop down your local pet shop.

SickLeaf.

Thanks bro i gotcha , could be saving me some dollar i think m8,
respect bro

Windyyyyyyyy :guitar:

#6 eurasian_farmer

eurasian_farmer

Still Vapin'

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1059 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

u wont need the water pump, but the air pump will keep your nutrient tank nicely aerated and stop it from going stagnant.

if u can rig up an air pump and use a drill and or a jigsaw and or a stanley knife, u cud build that in an hour.

and you'll feel awesome after u save urself a hundred odd quid.

id recommend insulating the tub as well if u can be bothered, it'll keep your temps more stable..

E2A - Silicon is fkn awesome, its the duct tape of the hydro grow.

Edited by eurasian_farmer, 24 April 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#7 TeamWindy

TeamWindy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

thanks guys this is the only bit i dont understand , if my air pump is connected to my air stones where does the tubing that feeds the 6 pots connect to ? surely i need whatever that bling thing is in the middle of that box ? :headpain: idiot :headpain:

#8 eurasian_farmer

eurasian_farmer

Still Vapin'

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1059 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

that would be from the water pump, but its not needed if the water level is close enough to the bottom of the net pots

also the heat generated by the water pump could cause temp probs (root rot) during the summer.

the water movement created by the airpump, plus the spray created by the bubbles bursting on the surface of your water/nutrients will keep ur roots nice n moist.

#9 TeamWindy

TeamWindy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

that would be from the water pump, but its not needed if the water level is close enough to the bottom of the net pots

also the heat generated by the water pump could cause temp probs (root rot) during the summer.

the water movement created by the airpump, plus the spray created by the bubbles bursting on the surface of your water/nutrients will keep ur roots nice n moist.

Oki thanks m8 , are the plants ok to to sit in the water though ? will they not drown or anything like that ? if that makes sense

Windyyyy

#10 SickLeaf

SickLeaf

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

The aerator in the water wiil stop your plants drowning. To get your head around it the plant would drown in water if it was just in still water and it used all the dissolved oxygen in the water as not enough oxygen can be absorbed through the surface of the water as the plant needs. once you put an aerator in there the water will naturally absorb the oxygen from the air as it comes in contact rising from the airstone, in turn the roots will also absorb the oxygen from the water when it comes in contact. You want your tub to look like a jacuzzi, and you never turn the aerator off, it'l be on 24/7.

SickLeaf.

#11 TeamWindy

TeamWindy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

The aerator in the water wiil stop your plants drowning. To get your head around it the plant would drown in water if it was just in still water and it used all the dissolved oxygen in the water as not enough oxygen can be absorbed through the surface of the water as the plant needs. once you put an aerator in there the water will naturally absorb the oxygen from the air as it comes in contact rising from the airstone, in turn the roots will also absorb the oxygen from the water when it comes in contact. You want your tub to look like a jacuzzi, and you never turn the aerator off, it'l be on 24/7.

SickLeaf.

Wicked nice one SickLeaf , mayb thats somethin i shoulda already known , how often would u reckon id have to change the water on a system like that ? i would of just started changing it every 7 days , is that too often or not often enough ?

Windyyyy

#12 SickLeaf

SickLeaf

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

No worries TeamWindy. How often you need to change the water, top up water, add nutes, check/alter pH levels etc i really cant help you with, im a simple pot of mud man, someone will though im sure.

Good Luck.
SickLeaf

#13 Jiffa

Jiffa

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3968 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

you need to run it like any other hydro system , check ec daily , if its rising the ec is to strong . if its dropping , its to weak , you want the ec stayin stable and ph rising slowly , totally drain res once a week , but once they get going with 6 plants that res wont last many days

id also run the water pump to the baskets , thats where dwc and bubbleponics differs , bubbleponics is top fed bubblers , this way you can expose the roots to air without them drying out as the water will trickle over the roots constant as long as there is a lil water at the bottom to submerge the pump

ive had great results using this method , not your system but similar just bigger for single plant trees . is a good style of grow but ive just packed mine away now because bubblers and summer dont mix id wait until the summers been and gone before breaking out bubblers
:bong:
i swore i posted this yesterday or summit similar lol :unsure: :unsure: :stoned:

Edited by Jiffa, 25 April 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#14 snatch

snatch

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2433 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

because bubblers and summer dont mix id wait until the summers been and gone before breaking out bubblers

is that because it evaporates the water if to warm?

#15 Jiffa

Jiffa

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3968 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

nah bro bubbler roots roots dont like to go above like 18-20 degress and it can be come impossible when your rooms hittin 33 in hight of summer , and beleieve me warm root soup and black and smimey isnt nice to smell lol

pythium thrives above about 22 or summit and can destroy recirculatin bubblers in days lol

you can run chillers and pple do but they can be dam noisey man bit extreme for a drobe lol

prolly still get away with a quick one now bro , but youd want to be breaking it down after that one for atlest a grow , setup summit run to waste or hand fed thro summer

Edited by Jiffa, 25 April 2012 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users