- - - - -

2 hash run's

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

how are you planning on getting the trichomes out?

when it settles...

does how mean when??

:yinyang:

was under the impression the trich's settle to the bottom them ladle out as much water as you can...

you can just pour it gently watching the water carefully to start off. then when you get closer to the trichs the best thing is a coffee filter.

using a ladel or spoon tends to disturb the trichs. you get one spoon of water then you have to wait for it to settle again :wallbash:

ive done it with paper kithen towewls to wick up the water when i get close. worked quite well. took a while tho.

bet theres loads in there :yep:

ok will they settle more over night...

#17 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

if you do more runs you will at least double what you have alreay, you dont need more thn 30 mins settling, use a turkey baster to take away the water, put the water in the baster back in the mix

i suggest 5 runs

Edited by grandad, 22 April 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#18 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

if you do more runs you will at least double what you have alreay, you dont need more thn 30 mins settling, use a turkey baster to take away the water, put the water in the baster back in the mix

i suggest 5 runs

sorry m8 first time making this, little bit confused.com.... :headpain:

#19 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

you need a bucket and turkey baster, a kitchen sieve and ice and water and a bowl to sieve into. put trim in the bucket, followed by the water then ice, use some large lumps of ice. mix for 15 mins, sieve into the bowl or small bucket,put the big chunks of ice back into the freezer till needed leave to settle for half hour, use the turkey bast to take away the water, dont throw the water, put it back into the mixing bucket. repeat 4 or 5 times.

#20 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

i bashed the shit out of the trim for a good half and hour twice then drained through a 40 denier tight into 2 buckets now was under the impression that the stuff settles to the bottom then you drain the water off...

#21 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

i bashed the shit out of the trim for a good half and hour twice then drained through a 40 denier tight into 2 buckets now was under the impression that the stuff settles to the bottom then you drain the water off...

you need just 1 15 min bashing, plenty ice, the rest u are doing is ok
i use bags nowadays, a young friend told me how he used a washing machine, puts it through up to 6 times, gets a decent chunk each time. i thied it and it made me feel sick to realise how much i'd thrown away over the years

Edited by grandad, 22 April 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#22 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

so i wait for this to settle them...

#23 leng

leng

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1542 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Dude if youve not done it already then start getting rid of the water, now carefully with a jug/ladle untill the last 100ml or so, then start using a syringe/pippet/turkey baster for the last remaining bits but remember not to just waste the water makesure you run it a few times more like grandad says dude.

Leng

#24 MED

MED

Everything is temporary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3847 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

how did the settling go bud?

hope it all went well :skin_up:

Peachy

#25 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

hi m8, checked this morning still not really settled you can see stuff in there I'll try and get as much water out tonight then ladle it through some coffee filters and see what's there, man I fucking read shit loads before i done this so that's why I'm a little bit baffled.

#26 MED

MED

Everything is temporary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3847 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

hi m8, checked this morning still not really settled you can see stuff in there I'll try and get as much water out tonight then ladle it through some coffee filters and see what's there, man I fucking read shit loads before i done this so that's why I'm a little bit baffled.

aye i understand. been there myself. many different ways to get there which can confuse matters.

the water wont get clearer at all if thats what your waiting for. Conspiracy23 used something more transparent to help. doing it in buckets means you wont see it going on and your gonna have to trust us here that you're ready to start taking the water out.

using a jug or ladel for most of the water is a good start,.. or pouring carefully. as you get further down you will start to see your trichs all sitting at the bottom :D

running that water you take out through a coffee filter is a good idea too.

get started tho as it will turn off and go smelly as hell.

Edited by MED, 23 April 2012 - 12:28 PM.

Peachy

#27 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

smirking like a Cheshire cat, I'll post some pics tonight looking niceeeee...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users