37 replies to this topic

#16 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thank you, Frank Lopez. I leached the pots and ordered some Supervit :hi:

Edited by BLUECRYSTALHAND, 07 April 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#17 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thx guys, you've been a great help and my learning curve is on the up! :book:

PS: where do I find Arnold Lane's thread?

Edited by BLUECRYSTALHAND, 07 April 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#18 Floyd

Floyd

wing it

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5231 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thx guys, you've been a great help and my learning curve is on the up! :book:

PS: where do I find Arnold Lane's thread?

Arnold Layne's Compost of choice. JAB & JI :guitar:

Edited by GreenFloyd, 07 April 2012 - 06:56 PM.

Floyd's Shed

Don't remind the world that it is suffering and bound, remind the world it is beautiful and free.

#19 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Many thx, GreenFloyd :smokin:

#20 se7en

se7en

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8080 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

As for the G13 Labs SuperSkunk it's not a particularly difficult or unstable strain as far as i know, it's well-liked by Withnail and I don't think he had any problems with it.

i donne it in the past and mine were a bit stunt to,not happy but manage some buds out of it...

se7en

#21 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Ah, that's interesting, se7en. I wonder what the connection is between our experiences? Next time I germinate I'll make sure to use a weak nutrient solution right from the kick-off. Shall clone the SuperSkunk with some luck... :eat:

#22 Frank Lopez

Frank Lopez

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Ah, that's interesting, se7en. I wonder what the connection is between our experiences? Next time I germinate I'll make sure to use a weak nutrient solution right from the kick-off. Shall clone the SuperSkunk with some luck... :eat:

No!!!

don't use any fertilizers until at least week 5 veg, week 4 if your using Plant magic soil supreeme.

there is way more than enough nutes in Batmix to sustain plants in veg right through to final pot up.

you should not need any nutes when growing in compost till at lest 5 / possibly 6 weeks veg (5/6 weeks of 18/6 lighting).

Formerly Budzilla2010

15 Ounce Killer

#23 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

@Frank Lopez, thx for making that crystal clear! Another case of my reading conflicting information on the Net :) Your advice, however, rings true so I'll stay with it. I misunderstood Supervit to be a nutrient for seedling growth but now I see that it is an additive to other nutrient use.

#24 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Another question: what height should I have my 600W MH bulb from the plant canopy? I read somewhere between 24"-36" during flowering, At present the light is 27" above the canopy. :book:

#25 Floyd

Floyd

wing it

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5231 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Another question: what height should I have my 600W MH bulb from the plant canopy? I read somewhere between 24"-36" during flowering, At present the light is 27" above the canopy. :book:

27" is far to high, just wasting light mate. Get it to 18" and the get it closer if you can, in stages. Back of the hand trick works,also get a temp prob at canopy
level that's covered from radiant heat. So long as air movement and extraction are good then 18" should be no problems. Your reflectors performance/hot spots also dictates how close
you can go. My 600w sits 14"-16" above my canopy. Some with parabolic reflectors go 12"-14". Any closer than 12" is detrimental though. :yinyang:
Floyd's Shed

Don't remind the world that it is suffering and bound, remind the world it is beautiful and free.

#26 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

This was my best plant (now 16 days old) until it developed yellow spots (see pix). Is this caused by too much nutrient and/or hot compost? I have already leached the pots a couple of days ago. Any idea what's happened? :headpain:

Attached Thumbnails

• P1000253.JPG
  • P1000255.JPG

#27 se7en

se7en

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8080 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

it could be the compost a tad hot or some sort of spillage on the leaves,or the leaves got in contact with wet hot compost thats my 2p,but if you look at the new grow it looks lush green to me...

se7en

#28 Frank Lopez

Frank Lopez

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

you've spilt nutrient water on them!

Formerly Budzilla2010

15 Ounce Killer

#29 BLUECRYSTALHAND

BLUECRYSTALHAND

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

@Frank, since leaching the pots a couple of days ago they've had nothing but one watering.@Se7en, yes the lower leaves did look a bit sickly after the leaching during which they most likely did get in contact with the compost. Oh well, put it down to experience ... I'm determined to get this line of horticulture right! :wallbash:

Btw, what do you guys think of my plan to get an ozone generator as an alternative to a carbon extractor? Problem is that the closet I use has no outlet for an extractor and opens into the kitchen. The kitchen does have an extractor which I can access from the loft and maybe fit a carbon filter onto it there. But the ozone generator would be a simpler solution and I've read that they work. What are your thoughts?

#30 killa

killa

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hi BCH

My advice would be to forget the rest of the net where growing cannabis is concerned, you will find all you need to know right here :yep:

Good luck with your grow :hippy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users