• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 soto

soto

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5464 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Owing to a want to reduce my alcohol consumption, I thought I'd give some of the 'near beers' a try. Asda Smart Price Bitter is okay I guess, all things considered. Has a bit of a strange dry after taste to it but it's drinkable in my opinion

Would anyone here recommend low alcohol or alcohol free beers?

Another one I've been impressed by is Bavaria Wit alcohol free wheat beer. It's a bit watery and I'm not sure how they can call it a beer, but it's quite pleasant to drink, a little like hoegaarden.

Edited by soto, 02 April 2012 - 09:03 PM.

Does Peter Reynolds represent you? Vote NO, here

#2 soto

soto

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5464 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Actually saying that this Asda smart price beer on second thoughts is quite poor. I guess I just got excited to be drinking a pint of beer without the prospect of a headache in the morning.

#3 B-high

B-high

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1956 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Asda smart price larger is damn fucking awful, as a general rule I don't drink owt under 5%. Maybe you could try going to make your beer purchase just before the shop shuts and buy a small amount, sometimes helps me, sometimes has me up till stupid o'clock drinking 8 cans I bought instead of the intended 4.
I don't believe in ghosts and I don't believe aliens abduct people.

#4 Abe Froman

Abe Froman

Stoned Again

• Team UK420
  • 6581 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

lol @ quite poor, it's pish dude.

if you want to lower your consumption , just get one good one.

although , i must ask why you feel you want to reduce it?
if it's for health then smart price beer is not going to help one bit.
if it's price , then you could try having it on one day as a treat.
you might find that it's better to cut it out altogether tho' , as i did on new yrs eve.

well i say i've quit, i had half a pint of baileys mid feb , and a beer "to wet the baby's head" when my mate's son was born a week or 2 ago. :cheers:
it's been hard at times , but my bank balance is a little better and my health , in theory , should be too :unsure:

reusable plant stakes
Up here for dancing , Down there for thinking.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.
Why you need a contactor (AKPOG's lucky escape)

#5 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37992 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

lol @ quite poor, it's pish dude.

if you want to lower your consumption , just get one good one.

although , i must ask why you feel you want to reduce it?
if it's for health then smart price beer is not going to help one bit.
if it's price , then you could try having it on one day as a treat.
you might find that it's better to cut it out altogether tho' , as i did on new yrs eve.

well i say i've quit, i had half a pint of baileys mid feb , and a beer "to wet the baby's head" when my mate's son was born a week or 2 ago. :cheers:
it's been hard at times , but my bank balance is a little better and my health , in theory , should be too :unsure:

You sure about that then? lol which week was it? you sure you`ve given up? lol

My bolt hole

Got a letter the government the other day, open and read it, it said they were suckers

#6 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

Asda smart price larger is damn fucking awful, as a general rule I don't drink owt under 5%. Maybe you could try going to make your beer purchase just before the shop shuts and buy a small amount, sometimes helps me, sometimes has me up till stupid o'clock drinking 8 cans I bought instead of the intended 4.

I'm with you brother, any lager/beer under 5% just aint worth considering. I drink to get merry or sometimes just down right drunk but I also enjoy the taste. Anything under 5% for a start tastes diluted, watered down and it doesn't get me where I want to go :rofl:

Sawney Beans Highland Ganja

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#7 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56190 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

The Asda Price bitter and lager are so bad and so watery that when you pour them they don't even keep a head, they fizz like pop and the 'head' disappears like pop. If I've got to drink cheapo pissy beer I buy Lidl Excelsior lager, it's 4% and £2.24 for 4 cans. It's vile but at least it's actually beer, in a manner of speaking (it's no worse than any other horrible industrial lager).

E2A And by horrible industrial lager I mean pretty much every popular brand of 'lager' sold in the UK - Carling, Heineken, Carlsberg, Stella etc - they are all fucking revolting industrial pish and an insult to the word lager. At least the Excelsior is cheap.

Edited by Boojum, 02 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#8 El Roacho

El Roacho

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

I don't drink much these days but St Etienne from Lidl is quite nice.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

#9 Comrade Stoker

Comrade Stoker

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25073 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Are all your threads about booze soto? lol its just an observation, but all your threads are about lager or wine.

I was worried about my drinking and I stopped drinking. Its the best thing I have done in the last few years. Since I stopped boozing I have felt brilliant, both mentally and physically. I'm not against booze as such but I realised it wasn't a drug that served me well. If you are worried or getting frustrated then give it up for 6 months and see how you feel.
My outdoor grow (Church and Cheese)
2 x Jacky White and 1 x Grapefruit Outdoor
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

#10 mrchang

mrchang

L.E.D-GURU ;)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5168 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Alchohol free beer is like licking out your sister.
It tastes the same but its just wrong! :ouch:
"The police said mark duggan had a gun.....smiley had a knife. Jean Charles de Menezes,
he had a bomb and Ian Tomlinson died of natural causes."
Chunkymark 2011.
vince noir rock n roll star
the tare button adds awesomness to the weight everyone knows that

#11 soto

soto

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5464 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Are all your threads about booze soto? lol its just an observation, but all your threads are about lager or wine.

I was worried about my drinking and I stopped drinking. Its the best thing I have done in the last few years. Since I stopped boozing I have felt brilliant, both mentally and physically. I'm not against booze as such but I realised it wasn't a drug that served me well. If you are worried or getting frustrated then give it up for 6 months and see how you feel.

I know exactly what you mean, the best thing I ever did was go on a diet as that stopped me from drinking for about four ish months. Sadly though it didn't take long after I stopped the diet to start drinking again.

There is a danger that with all these alcohol posts, people may get a slightly distorted picture here. In terms of how much I drink, it really does depend but I certainly do not drink every day. :E Then again, denial is never a good sigh.

Edited by soto, 02 April 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#12 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

If only I could live without booze for 6 weeks let alone 6 months :headpain: I gave up tobacco fairly easily but I find that I enjoy alcohol too much. I'm not even a heavy drinker, 4 tins 3-4 nights a week. Bloody hell seeing it written down makes it seem more than it is :unsure:

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#13 Comrade Stoker

Comrade Stoker

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25073 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Dude, just give up the booze and let your head clear up. Make smoothies every day, get nutrition into yourself as best you can, there is a smoothie thread in Food and Drink. Use seeds, coconut oil, green tea, berries and about 20 more different things in each smoothie. Do that for 6 months and see how you feel.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

#14 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Lake, you sound extremely enthusiastic about it and its quite infectious :P Maybe it would be good to knock it on the head for six months,....... you know what maybe I might :wink:

The Cannabis Chronicles

#15 Comrade Stoker

Comrade Stoker

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25073 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Its the best thing I've done and it wasn't that hard. Mentally I feel so much better than I used to feel when I drank. Actually its only been about 6 months for me, I thought it was longer than that. I have had 4 pints on one night in 6 months and that was about 4 months ago. I felt like shit after them. Ill not drink again I reckon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users