122 replies to this topic

#1 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38094 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hello, and welcome to the PFNC labs, where we are delighted to have received two packs of seeds from Dutch Passion for us to trial. In their generosity, DP have sent us a pack each of "Ortega Indica" and "Dark Delight".

Posted Image

So yesterday, four small pots were filled with JAB+JI, and then stood in a tray of warm water and Bio-Silicon (at very reduced dose) for 24 hours. This gives us a nice, friable compost that is perfectly moistened and ready for seeds.

The seeds (one in each pot) will be dropped on top, and then be covered with just a pinch of moist compost. They will then be placed in our Nursery Chamber and left to sprout naturally. I hope to ahve four ladies ready to go 12/12 in about 5 - 7 weeks, when our "WarDrobe 2" will be ready to receive them and host them through their bloom season.

Ortega Indica - according to DP, a vigorous hybrid, a cross of Northern Lights and an old Afghani. Now I'm an oldie, compared to most here on UK420. Not much to go before I am an OAP! So for me, it is nice to see Northern Lights and some of the older Afghani chemovars still being used. Both the NL and Afghani have been favourites of mine in the past, although I have not come across a decent NL in quite a while.

Stage one, pots prepared, ready to sow seed....
Posted Image

PS:
Let's not be too serious folks, this is a PFNC diary. So looning about and silliness is to be expected.

And OI! YOU! You over there in the corner!! Where the fuck is your spliff, and why are you not stoned to da bone today? God dammit chap, its past 0900 hours, mandatory stoning hours for all PFNC members. I'm watching you, your card is well and truly marked! Get it lit! Or else!! Or else the furry sexy-monkey pixies from planet Velda will come and tickle your fancies summat rotten.

Today I am mostly mapping out a new bread recipe.
And havin' a shave.

Tootle pip! Smithers, where's me spliff old chap? Come along now, come along. Tardiness around the spliffage is not a good thing, no sir, not a good thing at all. Buck up, or else I'll release the hounds on you!! Bah!

:upside: :bunny: :skin_up:

Edited by Arnold Layne, 16 March 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#2 WaxingGibbous

WaxingGibbous

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Especially looking forward to your report on Ortega

#3 FAI

FAI

In The Ghetto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4819 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Friable; I love that word.
Femmed seeds at PFNC HQ!! :woot:
Good luck Sir :)
I may be daft, but I'm not stupid!

"All other swidlers upon earth are nothing to the self-swindlers, and with such pretences did I cheat myself"

DANZIG - 'I'm not going to waste the autumn of my life on fuckwits and their fuckwittery'

#4 cheezehead 1982

cheezehead 1982

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1730 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Looking good Annie will be watching with pleasure :) cheezehead :bong:

#5 Zion

Zion

Functional Stoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

lol You'v been up a while Im guessing Arnie, too awake!

Great start to this mission!

Zion86 :smokin:

"Happiness In life depends upon the quality of your thoughts" ....Marcus Aurelius..

#6 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38094 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

'Ey up chaps, welcome aboard! :yep:

The seeds are in fine shape, all uniform and well ripened. No makings, just a plain Grey-buff coloured seed. I am well pleased with this, as many companies send out seed that is unripe or not fully formed - no names mentioned, just my experience. But on seed condition and appearance alone, DP have a resounding 10/10 based on this pack. It will be interesting to read how others find/found their seeds.

Four Ortega seeds:
Posted Image

DP tell me to check the law in my country. OK, I've done that. Apparently I must not germinate, grow or in any way use these seeds. Oh, really? Well I'm afraid PFNC laws take priority, and they state very clearly:
"It is incumbent upon all members of the PFNC that they take every opportunity to fuck the law, and having done so, to take steps that it be fucked again." ("Laws of Membership in the PFNC", volume 999, page 66, column 7, line 3, and following....) It goes on to say that any failure here merits a severe sentence. Well, blow me a kipper, and smoke me a haddock, I'm going to follow my PFNC instinct on this one....

Posted Image

Popped into compost at noon, today March 16.

And counting.....

#7 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38000 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

:eek: Arnold Layne growing feminized seeds? :eek: lol didn`t think i`d see the day :unsure:

atb any way Arnie :skin_up:

My bolt hole

Got a letter the government the other day, open and read it, it said they were suckers

#8 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38094 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

:rofl:
Just to make it clear: This diary is in no way an endorsement of femmed seeds. Very far from, I have some very serious reservations.

But femmed seed is often said to be specially useful for new growers and those with small space. I don't buy the latter argument, and I am testing these seeds with a view to forming a judgement of sorts about the former.

Are they easy? Will they hermie? Does the grow need to be "dialled in" to perfection for them to perform to their potential? These are big questions and need a clear answer if one is possible. But we will never know that, without first testing the seeds in "the field" so to speak.

Plus, I have a good idea of what something with such an heritage should do, so I shall smoke it with interest.

Its all about an open mind and some big, big old questions, this grow. Hang in there ratdog mate, and I may surprise you even further! :woot:

Gotta say, I feel nervous. This is one whole grow committed to untested technology about which I have reservations! :spliff:

#9 Mattock Man

Mattock Man

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Good luck mate

really look forward to the smoke report - the claims of

"effective sleeping pill" with no "weedover" are very alluring

peace

Freda
dont dress like a cunt if your cycling - Moggggys

#10 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38094 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

"effective sleeping pill"

That's what grabbed my attention when deciding which pack of five to open. I don't have much trouble getting off to sleep, as I am well loaded with opioid pain killers and weed by bedtime :woot: But I do have difficulty staying asleep. I usually drop off then wake up about an hour to an hour and a half later due to some form of spinal/lower body pain. That's the normal pattern through the night, waking every 90 minutes or so. I have a fat neatie by my bedside, it helps send me off back to sleep when I wake up. Its well weird to be smoking a spliff as the sun comes up or earlier, then getting back into bed to kip some more if possible. But I do enjoy waking up "ready baked". Kind of groovy, that, and helps set a good tone for the day ahead.

#11 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

"effective sleeping pill"

That's what grabbed my attention when deciding which pack of five to open. I don't have much trouble getting off to sleep, as I am well loaded with opioid pain killers and weed by bedtime :woot: But I do have difficulty staying asleep. I usually drop off then wake up about an hour to an hour and a half later due to some form of spinal/lower body pain. That's the normal pattern through the night, waking every 90 minutes or so. I have a fat neatie by my bedside, it helps send me off back to sleep when I wake up. Its well weird to be smoking a spliff as the sun comes up or earlier, then getting back into bed to kip some more if possible. But I do enjoy waking up "ready baked". Kind of groovy, that, and helps set a good tone for the day ahead.

heh heh it sounds good to me having a spliff by the bed. The only problem I have is that sleeping always seems to spoil (or diminish) the stone even if I sleep just for a short while. But I am pretty interested to see what you make of the medicinal qualities or Ortega. You may have seen another chap we know called Rastades who is giving her a long veg and will eventually make a sativex -style extract from ortega to see how she compares in a like-for-like comparison with genuine sativex. Hopefully that will be done with input from a couple of registered sativex users.

#12 moodyman78

moodyman78

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

You do so many grows !! I want your jars!

#13 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38094 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, I noticed that too Tony, its a sort of light stone I wake up with, dreamy and floaty. It helps when I start doing my morning routine, which can be painful some days.

lol Moodyman, yeah, I do :woot: And all in the tiniest of spaces. Folks think they need huge space to grow enough dope for their needs - well, they don't! Two tiny Wardrobes is all I have to flower in, plus an even tinier cabinet for a nursery. I sleep in the same room, and am happy that anyone entering the room would not notice the Grow. Dope growing is both easy, and can be done in the humblest of abodes ;)

#14 moodyman78

moodyman78

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

I got a drobe but I cant turn them round like you

I am doing the oasis next which is dps nl#2 of the few strains ive tried this will be my first time looking for a keeper so I obviously like it, I only did the one fem before but it was lovely, not a super knock out though more of a functinal stone, daytime indica for daydreaming

#15 Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Oh Yes........I'm In The Club

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10422 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hypocrite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users