122 replies to this topic

#46 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37844 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I think she will be, Tony. I'm hoping so, anyway. So long as she has no negative issues, I'll be Mothering her up because I want to see if this trait can be seen in any hacks that I do. In my space, short, multi branching plants are to be desired ;)

#47 greenman*

greenman*

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

any ideas whats the heritage/parentage of this ortega ?
"Do not give up your authority and follow blindly the will of others. This way will lead to only delusion."
"Find out for yourself what is truth, what is real. Discover that there are virtuous things and there are non-virtuous things. Once you have discovered for yourself give up the bad and embrace the good."
- The Buddha

#48 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37844 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

I think she's a Northern Lights hybrid mate, crossed to an Afghani.

#49 mr rhino

mr rhino

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Coming along nicely sir.

#50 Johnny_Green

Johnny_Green

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

they're looking good. Do you think that the unusual growth-pattern will continue through the whole life of the plant? [including flowering]

would be really interesting, and if so, if she yields more.

I wish you good luck with this grow! :wink:

Edited by Johnny_Green, 05 April 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Wisdom cannot be communicated. Wisdom, which a wise person tries to teach, always sounds like foolness.

#51 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37844 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yes, I think it will go through flowering like that. But I could be wrong!

My timing has been out. The plants have outgrown my vegging cabinet, and the flowering WarDrobe is not free for at least another two weeks, more like twenty days! So i have had to take drastic measures. I have "topped" them .... a bit :wassnnme:

:rofl: I had to take the top three nodes off. Usually, this is what I do if I want to Mother them. Just slightly less aggressive. I suppose a third of the plant has been removed, leaving a nicely structured "cup" of growing-tips.

If I get chance tomorrow, I'll bung up some pics. Maybe even this evening :) But if stress is going to turn them hermie, then my fingers need crossing. But I'm only treating them to the same stress factors any other strain has to undergo in my system. Strangely, my fingers remain uncrossed. These look robust, and anything but prone to stress. Weak and flouncy, they most certainly are not! If they were human, they would be the core makings of a decent scrum squad for the PFNC Ladies Rugby First XV :woot:

Ladies Rugby? Hell yeah..... :)

#52 CinderellaMan

CinderellaMan

Stabley Mental !!!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Bikini clad ladies rugby!!

Fixed and seconded, don't mind me I'm just poking me head round the bakery door.

#53 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37844 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Bikini clad ladies rugby!!

Fixed and seconded, don't mind me I'm just poking me head round the bakery door.

:rofl:
On a muddy day, there's nowt quite like it! :yep:

#54 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1945 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Lets hope they respond well and bush out in the coming 2-3 weeks. Personally I prefer to see plants given longer in veg. Looking forward to the pics after the haircut !

#55 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37844 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Cheers Tony, and here come the pics......
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The shot on the right is the three-way node freak, and she's showing good vigour.

But as you can see, I do have slight height issues in my rather small Nursery space! :woot:

#56 moodyman78

moodyman78

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

I love northern Lights, nearly got some of these myself, they look great

#57 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1945 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

alright Arnold. That is a dinky veg room ! But with 3 weeks to recover from the PFNC haircut they should be ready for a spot of flowering !

#58 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37844 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Well, they certainly haven't missed a beat since being pruned back. Far from, they are in fact showing good vigour, with the branches taking over from the (now extinct) main stem without any hesitation.

Dinky

.... is just the word, Tony! It quickly gets overcrowded in there, so careful management is the order of the day.

#59 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37844 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Helen All, its getting difficult is this one! :shock:
I've got major delays in the system, and the poor old Ortegas have now been butchered about three times to try and keep them in some kind of order :fear:

But they seem reasonably happy, if a little scruffy. Sorry, no pics today, I can't manage that just at the moment, maybe in a day or so's time?

But they have been stressed every which way, so if stress = hermie, these babies will be a hermaphroditic orgasm, and my WarDrobe the scene of a mass orgy! If....

But I suspect they'll be just fine. They show no signs of wussing it just yet, anyway. Robust, strong and forging ahead despite all that has gone one. They also reek of hash, which is nice :)

Edited by Arnold Layne, 25 April 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#60 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1945 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hi Arnold, how many weeks do you think before they will go into flowering?

Look on the bright side, they should be veritably bushy beasts when they eventually get to experience the full glory of the PFNC flowering chamber. Try and give them a week or two to recover from the final trim before flowering for best results. Are you taking any cuttings before that ? (I was thinking about the freaky plant especially)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users