#1 Sweet Seeds-tommy

Sweet Seeds-tommy

Sweet and Aromatic Varieties

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2468 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hi mates! :B):

Today I'm here to share with you an important information about Sweet Special Auto. I was informed that there was a "contamination" with "non-autoflowering" polen in one of the Sweet Seeds breeders. This means that most of the Sweet Special Auto plants will only start flowering with 12/12, just like a non-auto. Right now the problem is already identified and corrected for the next lotes that will be released into the market in the future. So far this is the info that I have.

Around here this is especially important for the contestants that are growing this strain. The plants will not flower with less than 12 hours of complete darkness per day, so if this is an important fact to you and the plants are still babies or the seeds recently germinated, the best option is maybe finding an alternative place to put them after the first 30 days of vegetative or else cut the plants and throw them away :blub: Obviously this may be a bit inconvenient/annoying for some of you, I'm really sorry and I hope that you can fill your grow area with the other plants from other strains that you have growing by their side.

When I get more info about this I will inform you in this thread, I'll save the second post to share more info that may come around. Any question about how to change a bit the grow operation so that the other plants you have can take advantage of the empty space left by the Sweet Special Auto plants, don't hesitate to contact me. And of course, if any of you is growing only this strain, by changing to 12/12, like with non-autos, the problem is solved.

For growers who think about buying seeds of this variety I can tell you that you can buy with total confidence because Sweet Seeds has some lotes that are not affected for sure and this will be the only that will be on sale, obviously.

Thanks for your understanding and once again, sorry for the nuisance :sadwalk: :smokin:

tommy

#2 Sweet Seeds-tommy

Sweet Seeds-tommy

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2468 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

<post reserved to update with more info about this subject>

Another information I can share now is that Sweet Seeds knows how annoying it can be and will offer a pack of 3 seeds of the new Cream Mandarine to users that received this strain to enter the contest and to contestants who received this strain in the January offer and are already using the seeds in their diaries
Users that received this strain to enter the contest.

Cream Mandarine is a very recent strain and packs will only be ready to be sent in between 1 and 3 weeks. But you can already start sending me a PM with your details for delivery, in case you want to apply for this offer. The users that can get free seeds to compensate for this are the ones with the nick in the 2 next lists...

Users that received this strain to enter the contest:

Newshooots
Sid-Vicious
Gorf
Wretchy
MR PHENO

Contestants who received this strain in the January offer and are already using the seeds in their diaries:

Serpent
ska
hell9
gthumb_420
Hiphip
ukblazer
d_n_b
Amnesia
weedmonsta

(I may have missed a couple of diaries already runing with this strain. If you have a diary started with Sweet Special Auto please inform me and share a direct link to it)

All this users can receive one pack of Cream Mandarine. Just send me a PM saying that you'd like to receive it and with your details for the delivery. If for any reason you really want to stick to Sweet Special Auto you can choose it instead of Cream Mandarine. As I said Sweet Seeds have a few lotes that are more recent and that are 100% autoflowering, 100% for sure. And it would be sent right away, so if you need them fast maybe this is the best option.

:hippy:

Kind regards,

tommy

Edited by Sweet Seeds, 15 March 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#3 Archie

Archie

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4714 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Didn't the same thing happen last year? :unsure: think it was the reg's that were auto's If I remember correctly :ouch:

The Cream Mandarine sounds lovely! Good luck to all who get the early chance of growing her out :smokin:

Arch :yinyang:

#4 Nugz

Nugz

Blazed Daily!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1086 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Its all part of growing my freind..... shit happens! At least you tell us whats going on Tommy mate. And to send out more beans?? that's very generous indeed :yep:

I' love to to av a crack at the new Cream Mandarine for sure, they look yummy :yes:

keep up the good work Sweet Seeds!!! I for one am still hooked! :bong:

#5 Amnesia

Amnesia

"If it aint green then it aint me"

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4116 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hi there tommy, what a very kind and unexpected gesture from you and your friends at Sweet Seeds. :notworthy:
One very happy grower with sweet seeds here, some of the Sweet Specials not autoflowering is just a small glitch in a most pleasurable grow. As you say the Sweet Specials will still flower in 12/12 and we should see some first little budlets with them in my update tomorrow.
The Cream Mandarin sounds and looks great but unfortunately i will have to decline the offer as to be honest i have too many seeds now and i should really start making my way through them but thanks again for the generous offer. :yep:

#6 Budelaire

Budelaire

Caveat Venditor

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10447 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Cream Mandarin looks a very nice plant!

Edited by Budelaire, 15 March 2012 - 05:31 PM.

Smottie Remixed Testers & Smellyberry/Casey jones

#7 Sweet Seeds-tommy

Sweet Seeds-tommy

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2468 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi friends! :yep:

Thanks for your understanding ;) Luckily few people in the contest here at uk420 are already growing them :stoned:

Didn't the same thing happen last year? :unsure: think it was the reg's that were auto's If I remember correctly :ouch:

The Cream Mandarine sounds lovely! Good luck to all who get the early chance of growing her out :smokin:

Arch :yinyang:

Hi Archipelago!

Hehehe, yes, but last year it was a bit different. By one hand it was a "non-auto" that after all was an auto and by the other hand it was not a case of "polen contamination" but an issue in the packaging department as seeds were "mispacked". About the "mispackaging" issue Sweet Seeds learnt the lesson and they claim that now it will not happen again for sure. About the "polen contamination" issue with Sweet Special Auto this season I also think they will learn, hehehe, it was a mistake from one of the Sweet Seeds breeders but it will serve as a lesson to all the breeders from the seedbank. This things can happen because when you have lots of little containers with polen if you label one with the wrong info or if you use the wrong polen to polinize the plants it can happen. But I'm sure that now they will be even more carefull about all this so that it doesn't happen again.

And of course, they assume the mistake and all the packages will be replaced :smokin:

Kind regards,

tommy

#8 Bossdog

Bossdog

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Got 2 of these sweet specials on the go myself at day 34 , good news thou 1 of the 2 has started flowering along with the rest of my autos in the tent and is well on the way now , plus i have found another home for the non auto 1 where I will still be able to sample her fruits !! So all in all I'm happy as all others are flying along and it was getting a bit tight in my tent anyway , happy growing every1

#9 Hiphip

Hiphip

Register to vote.

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7656 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

PM sent Tommy. Thanks for this offer mate. Good customer service even to those who you GIVE seeds to. I'll stick the dud ones in the tent when the time comes and do the mandarine outdoors.

Cheers :smokin:

My Diaries

And on the streets of hometown now, we watch each other as if we're strangers. But say it loud, scream it loud: I am not at war

We're better than them

#10 ska

ska

Over grow the government

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for the very generous offer of the new seeds, However I too will have to decline as I have already had so many seeds and I still have many others that I want to grow. So thanks again, but luckily I only planted one Sweet Special so not too much space lost.

:hippy:

Spain Lat 37 Mountain GG a year round project 2014 - ? :yinyang:

Cryptocurrency, be part of the change.

#11 Serpent

Serpent

aka AutoSerp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3911 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for the update Tommy and I wouldn't say no to trying Cream Mandarine, you know me and trying out autos :D

#12 Amnesia

Amnesia

"If it aint green then it aint me"

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4116 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

I just thought i would say here that after 14 days so far of 12/12 lighting my Sweet Specials are indeed coming into flowering, just for those of you concerned about them doing so. :yep:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So if you have any Sweet Specials refusing to autoflower and you have another space to put them in 12/12, i say go for it as they sure look nice girls with lots of tops, a real nice structure to them. You can catch up on their progress if you like in the link to my diary in my signature below.
All the best, Happy Growing. :yinyang:

#13 vince noir rock n roll star

vince noir rock n roll star

its all about the thumbs

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14359 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

creme mandarin !!! gadzooks man ...why wasnt i informed of this witchcraftery ???..i need such a weapon to fight off the wards of evil :wassnnme:
It went to bollocks pages ago, then hit the anus running and is now somewhere around the colon. boojum 10/2010
http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=221494 the diy under a fiver pollinator now poke it with a stick ,if it moves ..fuck it and eat it .sweet seeds 2009/10 competition grow .with no effort http://www.uk420.com...pic=185904sweet seeds 2011 competition grow possibly the greatest grow diary of all time http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=240612 its all about the mrs hazys hoohoo extravanganza

#14 Stonehenge

Stonehenge

'This grass is really fucking lovely....'

• Team UK420
  • 3260 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Is there any idea what parent the stray photoperiod pollen came from Tommy?

I'm intrigued to know...

Looking great as usual amnesia mate... Certainly not hanging about fairplay... :)

#15 Sweet Seeds-tommy

Sweet Seeds-tommy

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2468 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

creme mandarin !!! gadzooks man ...why wasnt i informed of this witchcraftery ???..i need such a weapon to fight off the wards of evil :wassnnme:

:rofl:

:yep:

Is there any idea what parent the stray photoperiod pollen came from Tommy?

I'm intrigued to know...

Looking great as usual amnesia mate... Certainly not hanging about fairplay... :)

Hi Stonehenge!

When I had the chance I forgot to answer about it. Now when I speak again with the breeder who made that mistake I will ask him and in case he knows I will share the info in this thread. One thing is for sure: it came from a non-auto strain from the Sweet Seeds catalog or from an élite clone from the Sweet Seeds bank of mothers ;)

Amnesia: great pics mate and great looking plants, really lovely. Seems like they can end up being some very good producers. Would be funny if it ended up being a great strain, like productive, fast and sweet n' aromatic like all the strains from the Sweet Seeds catalog. If it happens to be like that and they know about the third parental I would suggest having a Sweet Special (non-auto) in the catalog, hehehe. And then we would know where the "Special" came from :stoned:

Thanks for the visit my friends! :smokin:

tommy

Edited by Sweet Seeds, 18 March 2012 - 02:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users