26 replies to this topic

#16 tigseyjnr

tigseyjnr

gypsy pirate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

hi mate.

not sure about ya plants, but how are u measuring temps?

people are gona want pics and more info etc

maybe read this anyway...

http://www.uk420.com...1

hope that helps. Tigs :yinyang:

:yinyang:

#17 Mr THC.

Mr THC.

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks pupaduc that's what I was thinking try get night temps up as I am getting red on the leaf stems but I will only be able to get a 60w tube heater do you think that would bring temps up enuff has any one els got any ways to heat up ther tent on the cheap? And I'm not giving any grow now just on 2ml/l of old timers bloom

#18 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Where are you bringing air in from?

#19 Mr THC.

Mr THC.

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm bringing the air in from my bed room but my flower tent one of the intakes comes from my veg tent

#20 tigseyjnr

tigseyjnr

gypsy pirate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm bringing the air in from my bed room but my flower tent one of the intakes comes from my veg tent

hi mate. you're onto a winner with papaduc helping you. i've seen him turn around a grow that was completly fucked.

but he's a busy guy though, and from what i can see he's not on here as much as me, which is why i'm trying to help a bit too.

do him a favour, and get your temps and air flow sorted. no point doing anything else untill they are sorted.

recycling air from your room will only be ok if your windows are open all the time. the CO2 will be used up pretty quickly if the windows are shut (probably a couple of hours, i think)

windows open all the time will lead to temp probs in the winter. (assuming you're in uk)

HOW ARE YOU MEASURING your temps? using mercury thermometers measures air temperature. if they read 17/18'c, your roots could still be 3/4'c lower than that. so your temps need to be 20/21'c at ground level. the opposite is true too. if the thermometer is near a light, it will pick up radiant heat (heat from the light, traveling through the air), this will show a higher reading then the actual temp. plants can take much higher and lower radiant temps, but the roots must stay above 17'c. best bet is to buy digital thermometers with a probe. they tell you highest and lowest temps throughout the day.

this is why i said to read my link. read it to the end. i made this mistake, even though i was convinced my temps were ok.

get your airflow and temps sorted!!!!

then, if you're still having problems, try and put up recent pics of the whole plant as well as individual leaves. you should leave the leaves on the plant too. do it with the grow light turned off, and your flash on (if you cant adjust setting on camera). you need to try and show natural colours for anyone to be able to help.

that said, papaduc seems to be able to pick out all the necersary info regardless, just try and help him to help you :wink:

Tigs :yinyang:

#21 Floyd

Floyd

wing it

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5231 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

hi mate. you're onto a winner with papaduc helping you. i've seen him turn around a grow that was completly fucked.

but he's a busy guy though, and from what i can see he's not on here as much as me, which is why i'm trying to help a bit too.

do him a favour, and get your temps and air flow sorted. no point doing anything else untill they are sorted.

recycling air from your room will only be ok if your windows are open all the time. the CO2 will be used up pretty quickly if the windows are shut (probably a couple of hours, i think)

windows open all the time will lead to temp probs in the winter. (assuming you're in uk)

HOW ARE YOU MEASURING your temps? using mercury thermometers measures air temperature. if they read 17/18'c, your roots could still be 3/4'c lower than that. so your temps need to be 20/21'c at ground level. the opposite is true too. if the thermometer is near a light, it will pick up radiant heat (heat from the light, traveling through the air), this will show a higher reading then the actual temp. plants can take much higher and lower radiant temps, but the roots must stay above 17'c. best bet is to buy digital thermometers with a probe. they tell you highest and lowest temps throughout the day.

this is why i said to read my link. read it to the end. i made this mistake, even though i was convinced my temps were ok.

get your airflow and temps sorted!!!!

then, if you're still having problems, try and put up recent pics of the whole plant as well as individual leaves. you should leave the leaves on the plant too. do it with the grow light turned off, and your flash on (if you cant adjust setting on camera). you need to try and show natural colours for anyone to be able to help.

that said, papaduc seems to be able to pick out all the necersary info regardless, just try and help him to help you :wink:

Solid advice +1 :)
Floyd's Shed

Don't remind the world that it is suffering and bound, remind the world it is beautiful and free.

#22 tigseyjnr

tigseyjnr

gypsy pirate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Solid advice +1 :)

i'm a quick learner :wassnnme:

:rofl:

#23 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

So why are the temps so low? Have you got central heating?

#24 Mr THC.

Mr THC.

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

yep got my hetting on all the time but its on a timer and it gose off at certent times and comes on in the morning i might have to tern it up and maybe my fay is to strong 6" rvk in a dr90

i take my temps at cannopy hight but hide my mini max under my plants a bit so its not in direct light

eta can any one tell me how much a 60w tube hetter will up my temps

Edited by Mr THC., 16 March 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#25 Mr THC.

Mr THC.

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

just had a look and im thinking of iver getting a 60w tube hetter and digital thermostat or getting a 150w hps to run in my veg tent and run it when the lights are off in flower tent

#26 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

You're complicating things mate, and for no need. I've got a timer on my heating. So I turn it off and run it at a low temp through the night. Just enough to keep the house cosy. If I didn't have anything in flower then I'd just run the light 24/7 or have it's dark period in the middle of the day when the house is warm anyway.

It's all just basic common sense really fella. If you're bringing your intake air in from the house and you have central heating, then there's no need to be having difficulties bringing up the temps. I mean if the worst comes to the worst and for some inexplicable reason you still can't get the house warm, just buy a little thermo controlled fan heater for the room it's in.

Honestly mate, I really can't see why you're having so many problems. Some people grow in lofts or outhouses, garages etc... they have a real struggle maintaining temps at lots of times of year.

You've got it easy mate, so just make the small and obvious adjustments. Like switching on the bleeedin heating in the night!

#27 Mr THC.

Mr THC.

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

So ill up date this thread I have got my grow room heated up by putting my 250w hps in my veg tent and running it when lights go out in flower and the lowest my flower tent has got is 20 no it looks like the infected leaves are dyeing off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users