7 replies to this topic

#1 darklight1990

darklight1990

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Easy now guys..

I'm not one for posting up questions as most of the info can be answered from reading other threads. However I think this one is purely situational as it's quite unique.

I've been battling with leaf spot for a while now and a few months back I invested in some essence. It's definately been working and I can see its rate of spread has been reduced, however I don't seem to be able to shift it completely. I've noticed my photo sensitive plants are more resistant to it and only show mild symptoms on lower leaves, however my autos seem much more susceptable to it and are really still being ravaged :unsure:

So I'm gonna list my routine and hopefully someone can tell me where I've been going wrong and provide an alternative method to ensure I can say goodbye to leaf spot altogether!

So, every 5 days I do the following:

- Aerate 1L of warm to tepid water for one hour
- Add one tsp/L of mollases, aerate for one hour
- Add one tsp/L of essence, allow to brew for 12 hours or untill it's rather frothy
- Add 3ml/L Catalyst
- Put into pump sprayer, pump just enough for a decent spray and apply to all areas of the plant
- Any excess goes into the pots

On top of this I do a weekly deep clean of all my tents, along with daily removal of infected tissue.

This seems pretty much exactly like the directions given with the kit, so it's bizzare I'm not seeing the expected results.

Cheers guys, DL!

#2 Penny Arcade

Penny Arcade

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Just a guess here...

Your spray/pump is it set for a coarse spray?

Just thinking is it possible you dont and you might be shredding the essence as you spray?

And this might be giving you the results your getting?

Penny.
Step up and play...

#3 _bud_boi_

_bud_boi_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Id say add more essence mate, i dont think you can over do it as such, it will just be a stronger brew.

If you are using it for prevention you dont need as much and 1 tsp should be adequate but for erradication/cure, depending on how serious the outbreak is, you will need more.

Id say add maybe 3-4 tsp and see how you get on with that.

Im struggling with it too mate, going to brew up a stronger batch tomorrow, that should do the job im hoping.

Also remove as many infected leaves as you can, this will help stop spread the infection.

Another possibility but not a necessity is a spreader/wetter like yukka extract, this will help the brew stick to the plant better instead of just dripping off.

BB

Edited by bud_boi, 12 March 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#4 DD2001

DD2001

Your Ad Here

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1871 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

As mentioned above, use bio wetter, and maybe do it more often... I was on twice a week to keep infection under control at it's worst point.

"Nobody sees the obvious, nobody observes the ordinary.
There are more miracles in a square yard of earth than in all the fables of the Church".
Robert Anton Wilson

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

#5 WaxingGibbous

WaxingGibbous

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

This seems pretty much exactly like the directions given with the kit, so it's bizzare I'm not seeing the expected results.

Cheers guys, DL!

I live in an area festooned with cherry trees, constant blossom & leaf drop rotting away much of the year means rampant leaf fungus in the atmosphere. Neighbours plants are riddled with it, outdoor ladies are particularly susceptible until they reach a certain level of maturity (tougher leaves?).

Therefore constant (2-3 times a week) treatment is necessary- I would not attempt it without an aquarium heater.

In short, if it don't froth, the LSF don't get off. Or something.

#6 Joint hogger

Joint hogger

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5716 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

just be carefull if you use it as a drench, i had 2 plants go belly up and
i luckily managed to save 2 after using about a ltr of essence between the four.

#7 _bud_boi_

_bud_boi_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

Still doesnt seem to be working for me :wallbash: .. Ive lost 5 already to this faggot fungus and look like losing my whole crop, i have tried everything... its doing me nut right in.

Anyone got any ideas?

BB

Edited by bud_boi, 16 March 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#8 Arbuscule

Arbuscule

Ook :>

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10382 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

Still doesnt seem to be working for me :wallbash: .. Ive lost 5 already to this faggot fungus and look like losing my whole crop, i have tried everything... its doing me nut right in.

Anyone got any ideas?

BB

If you're using Essence you wanna do it every 2 days for a week or so, following directions in the relevant thread. For me, lsf kept coming back until I totally changed the environment (to a tent) :spliff:

eSSENCE HELD IT IN CHECK THOUGH (scuse caps) It held it back every time and though it kept trying to make it's nasty comeback, Essence won through, every time. Bit of a battle mind - lsf's a bastard :spliff:
'the mighty snake on which he sat began to hum fearfully at me as if it wanted to eat or swallow me' Amos Tutuola The Wild Hunter in the Bush of the Ghosts

eni, eji, eta, erin, arun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users