oldtimer bloom and mg def

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#91 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

It looks to me like there's plenty of N in them ,that's what i think anyway

I'd agree with that. In fact it looks like a couple of them might have a tiny bit too much.

#92 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38183 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

If using Epsoms, its always best to use it as a foliar spray. Works quicker, and there's no risk of locking out other nutrient in the compost, which can happen if you use too much Epsoms as a root drench.

#93 ambodach

ambodach

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I have now changed to JAB + JI and the difference is that I can already see that if I were to follow my batmix guide and feed grow after 10 days in final pots and into flower that I will stunt them and the leaves will claw and go very green..

So I can definitely see Arnie why adding grow in flower might seem a bit radical to you as you haven't needed to since swapping from bb nutes..

;)
You in JAB+JI now, then, Madgiz?

It is completely irrelevant and you are over complicating things even monitoring Ph..

Absolutely! Ph? Meh, wazzat?

Do people still measure the ph in soil runoff :nea: bloody hell

Edited by ambodach, 10 March 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Fly fly

#94 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38183 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Amazing, no?
Problem is, so many dope growers have never grown anything before pot, or aside from pot; so they have minimal if any horticultural knowledge, and are open to all sorts of bad advertising, false information and general silliness. Look at your average grow shop shelves! Lined with all sorts of silliness. PK this and that, Bloom bombers, boosters and weight increasers, Cannabis specific compost (with a 300% mark-up over standard fare :woot: ), solutions for this, that and every other kind of disease.... its incredible what folks will buy!!

Tell someone they can grow in bog standard compost, they look at you like you've gone mad! Tell them you only chuck a bit of Bloom down when plants are hungry, they go crazy at you! (Grow Shop folks, I mean, and those than hang around in such places). I am confident in saying that I think 75% of what is sold over Grow Shop counters is not needed, over-priced snake-oil. I've looked in on some grows, and the bloody shelves/cupboards,floors and what have you look like they belong in a chemistry lab! If asked for advice, my first offering is generally to remove the lot, all of it. Just start over wit plain compost and a single Bloom nute. Take it from there. Chances are, you won't need too much else ;)

:oldtoker: :lucky: :skin_up:

Edited by Arnold Layne, 10 March 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#95 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hi sirbongalot ,just want to say that if your plants were in my grow room i'd give them epsom salt at 1 teaspoon per 5L of water for their next feed
It looks to me like there's plenty of N in them ,that's what i think anyway
Apart from that they don't look too bad at all :skin_up:

hi budd, did do a epsom salt feed 2 feeds ago, i did think more but been advised to much can cause more probs, so not to sure to give amy more trying to keep it simple just plan to start back feeding 3ml oldtimers bloom per litre as advised by madgiz took his advice and they seem to budding up as they should, but if its needed then i'll give them a epsom feed next.

#96 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

If using Epsoms, its always best to use it as a foliar spray. Works quicker, and there's no risk of locking out other nutrient in the compost, which can happen if you use too much Epsoms as a root drench.

when lights go out i suppose.

#97 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

Amazing, no?
Problem is, so many dope growers have never grown anything before pot, or aside from pot; so they have minimal if any horticultural knowledge, and are open to all sorts of bad advertising, false information and general silliness. Look at your average grow shop shelves! Lined with all sorts of silliness. PK this and that, Bloom bombers, boosters and weight increasers, Cannabis specific compost (with a 300% mark-up over standard fare :woot: ), solutions for this, that and every other kind of disease.... its incredible what folks will buy!!

Tell someone they can grow in bog standard compost, they look at you like you've gone mad! Tell them you only chuck a bit of Bloom down when plants are hungry, they go crazy at you! (Grow Shop folks, I mean, and those than hang around in such places). I am confident in saying that I think 75% of what is sold over Grow Shop counters is not needed, over-priced snake-oil. I've looked in on some grows, and the bloody shelves/cupboards,floors and what have you look like they belong in a chemistry lab! If asked for advice, my first offering is generally to remove the lot, all of it. Just start over wit plain compost and a single Bloom nute. Take it from there. Chances are, you won't need too much else ;)

arnold your advice has been very clear and simple and will be taken on my next grow, i try and keep away from hydro shops as much as possible i tend to find things in normal garden centers unless is the only choice i have. my array of nutes is what you mentioned grow, fishmix, and bloom thats it no more.

#98 socks

socks

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Amazing, no?

arnold your advice has been very clear and simple and will be taken on my next grow, i try and keep away from hydro shops as much as possible i tend to find things in normal garden centers unless is the only choice i have. my array of nutes is what you mentioned grow, fishmix, and bloom thats it no more.

I have to agree with Mr Layne here, and very sound advice, I know I am a noobie to this type of plant, and fell into the hype, of nutes for this and that , and did question it? my tomatoes grow well in horse shit, and my grapevine loves it too, and I too thought that the grow shops knew best, and all the bollocks everyone else tells you, I have learnt so much from the vets(as in veteran growers) and have learnt from read, read, read, every post and compare, opinions, diarys,after all these guys and gals , can't grow out plant for us, you cannot go wrong if you listen to advice on this site .. thanks 420

#99 madgiz

madgiz

Resin Coated

• Team UK420
  • 15106 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

If they are picking up after stabilising the (n) levels and you have already given them a boost of magnesium with a dose of epsom salts a few feeds ago then personally I would stick with your programme and get them back onto bloom food and carry on as normal..

Good luck

Edited by madgiz, 11 March 2012 - 02:14 PM.

scuba pics

Respect each others opinions, help each other out and keep it chilled. jackson5 May 2011

Indeed, if a poor man will spend a year in prison for stealing out of hunger, how high would the gallows need to be to hang the rich man who breaks the law out of greed?― Terry Pratchett, Snuff

#100 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

If they are picking up after stabilising the (n) levels and you have already given them a boost of magnesium with a dose of epsom salts a few feeds ago then personally I would stick with your programme and get them back onto bloom food and carry on as normal..

Good luck

thanks for the reply, that is the plan to start with bloom at 3
ml per litre.

#101 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

seems there's no stopping this f.....ing yellowing, getting fed up.......SDC10901.JPG SDC10902.JPG

Edited by sirbongalot, 14 March 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#102 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

SDC10903.JPG

#103 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

If anyone tells you that's a nitrogen deficiency, they're pulling your leg mate.
Like I said, if anything, that's nitrogen burn and the advise to feed more N is/was bad.

Be careful next time not to automatically assume that pale leaves anywhere on the plant mean N def, because often, especially in flower, they definitely don't.

#104 _sirbongalot_

_sirbongalot_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

thanks papaduc for having a look, not much I can now I suppose the advice was from some respected growers, what if any could I do now they are on 3ml oldtimers bloom per litre, what would you of done if they were in your grow room just out of interest thanks.

Edited by sirbongalot, 15 March 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#105 L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5314 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

If they were in my grow room I'd have them on 3ml/l of bloom, I'd stop spraying them, and I'd stop worrying. I've had far worse looking plants myself, as I'm sure most of the people who have replied to this thread have, and I've still got plenty of decent bud off them at the end. They really don't look that bad.

Giving advice over the internet based on a few pictures and a little bit of information isn't the easiest thing to do, which is why you'll end up with many varying opinions. It's up to you through a process of trial and error to find out which advice is right and then make a mental note of it for next time. That's my take on the way this site works anyway.

I think the problem, as already stated a few times, lies mainly with the allmix; it always seems to cause problems going into flowering.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with the plant magic soil, as long as you bear in mind it's a light mix and your plants will more likely than not (in fact, almost certainly IME) need feeding with grow nutes in veg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users