• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AmberJay

AmberJay

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

Been using the No2 for a while and it's okay, but the battery is a PITA, the heater button can be accidently pressed and it switches itself off after about 15 minutes. Anyway it's great for mobility but I now want a mains powered unit.The herbalaire looks as though it has plenty of options such as using the whip or the ballon, and is nice and compact, but I also like the look of the Volcano and it's build quality.
Now it's considerably more expensive and I think you only have the option of the balloon, what have people tried, would you hanker for a Vocano or just stick with your Herbalaire?

#2 Mephitis

Mephitis

I tried being normal once, worst two minutes of my life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4687 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Whilst I have not tried the Volcano so therefore cannot compare I am more than happy with my Herbalaire.
The country is governed for the richest, for the corporations, the bankers, the land speculators, and for the exploiters of labor. The majority of mankind are working people. So long as their fair demands - the ownership and control of their livelihoods - are set at naught, we can have neither men’s rights nor women’s rights. The majority of mankind is ground down by industrial oppression in order that the small remnant may live in ease.
- Helen Keller

#3 Comrade Stoker

Comrade Stoker

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25081 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

HerbalAire is a fantastic bit of kit. Its well built, efficient and half the price of the Volcano. Parts are easy to clean too, just stick them in the test tube provided with some ISO and Bob's your aunties live-in swinging partner :D
My outdoor grow (Church and Cheese)
2 x Jacky White and 1 x Grapefruit Outdoor
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

#4 pezzie

pezzie

Biscuit Lips

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Another happy herbalaire user here. I originally wanted a volcano but the fact it's expensive and bag only put me off. I tend to use the whip or stick the mouthpiece on the herbalaire unit more than use the bags.
I've had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

#5 UnderMirkwood

UnderMirkwood

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

My Herbalaire is probably the best thing I have ever bought, it helped me quit tobacco and with the price difference is IMO a no-brainer.
The world has changed, I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it...

#6 greenman*

greenman*

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

another happy herbalaire customer :wink:
"Do not give up your authority and follow blindly the will of others. This way will lead to only delusion."
"Find out for yourself what is truth, what is real. Discover that there are virtuous things and there are non-virtuous things. Once you have discovered for yourself give up the bad and embrace the good."
- The Buddha

#7 Cursed

Cursed

I'm no abacus but you can count on me.

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3677 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Tried both, own a herbalaire. I've used the hetbalaire more obviously because I own one but I would say it beats the volcano in my opinion. Having the option of using the whip is the deciding factor as well as the size of the ha, much smaller and compact.

#8 AmberJay

AmberJay

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

The whip does seem to be a decision maker, the misses is not too happy With the idea of sucking out of a plastic bag, reminds her of glue sniffing. So it seems pretty unanimous for the Herbalaire. Now anyone managed to get a UK model?

#9 grandoggyp

grandoggyp

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

dont go for either get and extream q

#10 Topo

Hiding behind the rainbow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5149 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

dont go for either get and extream q

i've read a little on the extream q it sounds like a nice bit of kit....

"Don't tell me that I don't belong here. I belongs wherever I wants to go--and I'll do plenty well when I get there."

There is a new machine at the Gym, I only used it for half an hour cos it made me feel sick. It did everything Yorkies, Kit Kat, Mars Bars etc....

#11 AmberJay

AmberJay

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Tell us more GDP. Always up for user views on a product.

#12 grandoggyp

grandoggyp

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

simple dose what it says on the tin

can elbow pack the bowl for thicker hits not that I bother, the bag works, the whip is nicer, and has a freaking potpourrie dish and to top that a remote control to turn on, off, heat temp, cool led blue light and very stylish dont have to place away

the remote is definently not a gimmick I couldnt imagin using it with out the control

has all glass airway as herbleair heat has to pass by teflon before you inhale so i read not sure if it would have a negative effect but the opposition to that is the extream q where the cool air comes in to the device it gets passed over some circuity apparently but before it is heated

tastes clean and dose what you want with so many extras

keeps a very steady temp

I have used a volcano in dam and did the same job but no whip but screw paying that price for one

easy to use, easy to clean, can vaporise other herbs too lavender is nice or ginkgo

I am sure you will be very pleased with any of the 3 you end up geting

I heard the super silver surfer is a cool cool nice whip style vaporiser better then the lot in whip style nice rich thick hits

have not tried it thou

#13 veg4s

veg4s

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Ive used both.
The volcano is better imo. Its also twice as expensive but isnt twice as good

For me its a no brainier, the herbalaire is far better value for money. Id happily buy a volcano at £200 but at £350+ and the Herbalaire almost as good at half the price, id rather spend the extra on some top seeds

Edited by veg4s, 28 February 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#14 UnderMirkwood

UnderMirkwood

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

The whip does seem to be a decision maker, the misses is not too happy With the idea of sucking out of a plastic bag, reminds her of glue sniffing. So it seems pretty unanimous for the Herbalaire. Now anyone managed to get a UK model?

I assume mine is a UK model, it came with the correct plug anyway. I actually prefer using the bag to the whip, I like to let the vapour cool a little before I inhale it, I am going to invest in a bong when my financial situation improves and suck the contents of the bag through the bong. As for a the lack of a remote, well my Herbalaire resides on the table next to where I sit, so all I have to do is move an arm around 12 inches, surely most people sit next to or near their vapes. :unsure: :spliff:
The world has changed, I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it...

#15 mrweed

mrweed

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

I've got a volcano and I'm very happy with it :stoned: I've never tried the Herbalaire tho :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users