24 replies to this topic

#1 Cursed

Cursed

I'm no abacus but you can count on me.

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3653 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

I recently decided to try and eat a lot less carbohydrates so have been eating almost no bread, potatoes or pasta and it's going pretty well. Lunchtime however i do find myself a little stumped with deciding what to have. I've been eating a lot of soup and omlettes and while i enjoy these things greatly and there is lots of variation i am finding myself wanting something else. i'm going to make chilli for tea tonight (minus rice, just a bowl of chilli and some cheese) so tomorrows lunch is sorted. So give me some suggestions guys of something i can make that is as free as possible of carbs and is meat free (no problem using most meat substitutes)?

and obviously what is everyone else having for their afternoon meal today. What's your lunchtime staple (i'm expecting lots of sandwiches and beans on toast lol)?

#2 Dangerous-Dave

Dangerous-Dave

I shall not die a slave to this system!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3998 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

spicy chicken wings mrs in kitchen as we speak getting em on for me :guitar:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting "Holy shit what a ride!"

they hate you if your clever but despise a fool... till your so fucking crazy you cant follow their rules!! "john lennon"
budz

proud grower of kgbeans

#3 Degsy

Degsy

Be Good Grow Plants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

What's wrong with eating carbs ? Any particular reason to ditch them ? Are you trying to lose weight ?
For those who would deny us, control us, oppose us...

#4 Cursed

Cursed

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3653 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

What's wrong with eating carbs ? Any particular reason to ditch them ? Are you trying to lose weight ?

Basically yes.

i've just decided to actually take notice of what i eat for the first time on my life and realised that a huge part of my diet was carbs (bread, potatoes,rice,pasta) and whilst there is nothing wrong with them and they are in fact a vital part of a healthy diet, eating them at the levels i was defintiely had an impact on my waist line. Lunch time in particular i would find myself feeling really really heavy and lethargic after eating sandwiches.

i actually do feel a difference not eating as much and have a lot more energy through out the day.

I'm thinking of making some kind of avacado salsad or something today.

#5 distracted

distracted

orbiting reality Mk IV

• Team UK420
  • 10374 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

lunch is for whimps..... didn't you learn anything in the 80's?

My Album

And asparagus!

#6 Cursed

Cursed

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3653 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

i did as i was told in the 80's i was only an ickle child lol.

#7 distracted

distracted

orbiting reality Mk IV

• Team UK420
  • 10374 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

lol

My Album

And asparagus!

#8 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56076 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

For lunch I generally have soup, or kippers (I love kippers) with brown bread (though if you don't eat meat then I guess you don't eat fish either so that's no use, plus the brown bread is carbohydrate, so all in all that's a pretty useless one lol), or hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise, or bread (carbohydrate again :doh: ) and cheese, or baked beans (with loads of chilli powder stirred in).

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#9 Themadhippy

Themadhippy

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2623 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

today lunch is homade liquid bread and a rizzla and nicotine wrap
Rember folks "were all in this to gather"

#10 Comrade Stoker

Comrade Stoker

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24941 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Since I've been on the smoothies I rarely have lunch. If I do then I eat some parched peas or some fish on toast (Sardine mainly). Always home made bread too with hemp seeds, Marmite, goats butter, hemp seed oil and other seeds.
My outdoor grow (Church and Cheese)
2 x Jacky White and 1 x Grapefruit Outdoor
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

#11 justonemore

justonemore

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2754 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Bananas...love um
Atheism is a non Prophet organization.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."

#12 grogirl

grogirl

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Parched peas? Please could you enlighten me? It sounds a bit cruel! Love, gg x x

#13 Mephitis

Mephitis

I tried being normal once, worst two minutes of my life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4644 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Most work days it is hummus and crusty bread rolls occasionally bread and cheese. Days off it's usually soup or some form of egg dish as they're free (eggs from own free range chickens).
The country is governed for the richest, for the corporations, the bankers, the land speculators, and for the exploiters of labor. The majority of mankind are working people. So long as their fair demands - the ownership and control of their livelihoods - are set at naught, we can have neither menís rights nor womenís rights. The majority of mankind is ground down by industrial oppression in order that the small remnant may live in ease.
- Helen Keller

#14 _yozzer hughes_

_yozzer hughes_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

skinheads on 2 rafts with 2 poached eggs and grated extra mature cheddar. :naughty:

#15 EnigmaticOne

EnigmaticOne

Nicely cured.

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14679 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

This was what I made for lunch today :) lots of them some with banana and toffee sauce and some with dried fruit, lemon and maple syrup. :grubsup:

Attached Files

Confucius said,
"Do not be concerned about others not appreciating you. Be concerned about your not appreciating others."

He also said:
"He who expects nothing is seldom disappointed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users