36 replies to this topic

#1 playingedges

playingedges

DAGGA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi All,

These Blues are 4.5 weeks into flower. This is the first time I have grown Blues and was wondering about these long, thin, serrated leaves - they look amazing! What are your thoughts on them? What can I expect :smoke:

PE

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0065.jpg
  • IMG_0066.jpg
  • IMG_0067.jpg
  • IMG_0068.jpg

"Criminalising young people doesn't make drugs safer. Throwing heroin users in prison doesn't treat their addiction. Banning the latest 'legal high' doesn't stop kids trying the next one. Pretending that you're winning the war, doesn't mean that you are."
-- Release

First grow. First diary. 400W HPS. Soil.

#2 veg4s

veg4s

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

mine were the same until i topped them
They started out with big fat indica leaves then after a few weeks veg the tops started to bang out those thin ones.
Mine are still in veg and they have started to grow again

I know the original blues cut has the same thin double serrated leaf's

#3 playingedges

playingedges

DAGGA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

mine were the same until i topped them
They started out with big fat indica leaves then after a few weeks veg the tops started to bang out those thin ones.

DITTO with mine :)

I know the original blues cut has the same thin double serrated leaf's

Ah OK, so this is what double serrated leaves look like?

:B):

Thanks veg4.

PE
"Criminalising young people doesn't make drugs safer. Throwing heroin users in prison doesn't treat their addiction. Banning the latest 'legal high' doesn't stop kids trying the next one. Pretending that you're winning the war, doesn't mean that you are."
-- Release

#4 veg4s

veg4s

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

If you look at a couple of your leaves you will notice that some are like a saw, with little and big teeth.
Thats the double serration

Pic no3 for example, on the bottom leaf you can see it. Almost like a smaller serration growing between the big ones

#5 playingedges

playingedges

DAGGA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Got it! Cheers fella

PE
-- Release

#6 VRG

VRG

It's what you make it

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9846 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

What can I expect :smoke:

Good things to come :stoned:

Just living is not enough..
One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

#7 Kartofel

Kartofel

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

I dont know if its just me, but in pic 1 the leaves seem to be curling in and clawing down.
This would suggest to me that you're using too much nitrogen.
I could be wrong but that's just my experience.
Can anybody else confirm or dissmiss my thoughts?

TD :hippy:

#8 playingedges

playingedges

DAGGA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

What can I expect :smoke:

Good things to come :stoned:

Now that I do not doubt :skin_up:

I dont know if its just me, but in pic 1 the leaves seem to be curling in and clawing down.

Hmm well I do not know. You are correct that the leaves were "curling in and clawing down" ... I can say that they are being watered daily, but I am not feeding them daily. I use 5ml/litre PM Bloom every 2-3 days - sharing the litre between 3 plants.

I'll watch the leaves between feeds and see whether they change at all.

Thanks TD420.

PE
-- Release

#9 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27859 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

You need a better feeding regime than that mate. They shouldnt need watering every day and they should need feeding every water especially if you are in compost

Your plants also look like there may be a little heat stress unless thats the excess N causing it, hard to tell when you have taken pics with the light on

ED.....Just seen you are in soil so you definitely shouldnt be needing to water every day and 5ml per litre is a bit much

Owd

Edited by Owderb, 10 February 2012 - 09:58 AM.

Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#10 playingedges

playingedges

DAGGA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

They shouldnt need watering every day and they should need feeding every water especially if you are in compost

What do you mean by "should need feeding every water" ...

Your plants also look like there may be a little heat stress unless thats the excess N causing it, hard to tell when you have taken pics with the light on

Temps do not get above 21-23 so perhaps too much N?

ED.....Just seen you are in soil so you definitely shouldnt be needing to water every day and 5ml per litre is a bit much

Cool. So it looks like I am under watering and over feeding?

Thanks for the input Owderb :)

PE
-- Release

#11 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27859 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Try using a wet/dry cycle mate

Water(with feed)slowly till you have a run off and theres a little water left sitting in the saucer, you then know the rootball is fully saturated. Then repeat when the pot is around 80% dry which should be around 3 days minimum

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#12 playingedges

playingedges

DAGGA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Try using a wet/dry cycle mate

Water(with feed)slowly till you have a run off and theres a little water left sitting in the saucer, you then know the rootball is fully saturated. Then repeat when the pot is around 80% dry which should be around 3 days minimum

Owd

Thanks fella. I see where I am going wrong - I water but do not saturate the rootball, which explains why they are dry (soil starting to separate from the pot) each morning.

Also, just taken a peek and watered them (and saturated the rootball but do not think I watered slowly enough), FWIW only 1 of the 3 is curling in and clawing down. The other 2 have their hands raised to the heavens :D interestingly, the curled in/claws down is the larger of the ladies - she stretched like a mofo in the first week or so of flower - obviously she is hungrier than her mates.

Thanks for all the advice! I only came in here to show the long thin leaves and ended up getting invaluable guidance! As a n00b I did not know I even had a problem!!

:spliff:

PE
-- Release

#13 veg4s

veg4s

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Im growing mine in coco and as soon as i moved from 1.5ml to 2ml i had the same clawing problems.
They definalty dont seem to need too much nutes

#14 playingedges

playingedges

DAGGA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

Im growing mine in coco and as soon as i moved from 1.5ml to 2ml i had the same clawing problems.
They definalty dont seem to need too much nutes

:yep:

PE
-- Release

#15 creativesmoke

creativesmoke

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'm in coco and anything above 1.5 EC in veg and they start to get a bit of burn, and their 4 months old and quite big now. They definitely prefer a casual feed and seem quite happy to dry out a fair bit till the next good soaking.

Nice plant btw, my Blues #1 expresses the thinnest leaves out of my 4 but not that thin! :spliff:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users