1 reply to this topic

#1 THC4METOO

THC4METOO

Cptn 'Arfer Wingett

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8077 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Bit of an odd thread to start but I'm feeling a bit odd so why not.

Last week I found out an uncle of mine had developed bowl cancer and was looking at a very daunting time and short future ahead of him. It was bad news for all involved, especially his wife and early-teenage children, and obviously for my mum who loves her brother although they don't get on and rarely talk.

On Tuesday he dropped his kids off at school and went for a round of golf, a sport he has loved and played for many of his 69 years. On the fifth hole he suffered a massive heart attack and died. He was by himself and was found by a couple who were playing the hole in front and wondered where he had gone.

As awful as this may sound, and I hope it doesn't make me out to be some heartless monster, but I think this was good news. Instead of wasting away and slowly dying a painful death in a strange place, he died doing what he loved most in the place he loved most. His family never had to see him have a heart attack, or become half the man he was, and this is the point I'm trying to put across to my mum to help her grief.

So the point of this thread is: does anyone have any other examples of bad news turned good, or of good news becoming bad news cos I can't think of any other examples.

This doesn't have to be a maudlin thread either, there's always a chance of a laugh to be had where bad news is concerned and I could do with one.
Putting people in prison for taking drugs is like breaking their legs for not wearing a seatbelt.

The hard on drugs, war on drugs approach has been discredited for a very long time and it's sort of pathetic to see old men still trying to re-live those primitive battles - Prof. David Nutt

#2 L S Diesel

L S Diesel

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2451 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'm with you all the way mate

I watched a friend die of cancer last summer and it wasn't a good or dignified way to go

LSD

e2a he loved his morphine inhaler tho

Edited by L S Diesel, 19 January 2012 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users