The Gnome made me do it honest guv..

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3888 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

50 bags for £20 on 'thee bay'

50 x HESSSIAN SAND BAGS:

Each sand bag measures 33cm X 76cm
Complete with ties
manufactured from a good quality hessian.

I am thinking of doing quite a few 'reg' plants this year.:wassnnme:

Until the plants show sex i am trying to find a way to keep my plot layout open to change, whilst still taking advantage of ground moisture. Was thinking about these filled with soil and one plant dropped in hole in ground.

The idea being that; when the plants show sex i could move the remaining fems about the plots to allow enough room for each one, while avoiding empty spaces. Select stud males could be shifted to a safe pollen collecting site easily as well.

My concern is that roots grow more laterally than downward. These are from seed so will be taprooting, unlike clones. The shape of these is deep and narrow. Only 6 inches either side of plant but plenty of room for downward movement (2ft). :unsure:

Seems a bit silly in some ways, but am looking for a solution to the 'random pattern of males in plots' issue.

Cheers me dears...

:wink:

Edited by Loam Gnome, 13 January 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Botanical battles fought on brambled banks. Guerilla strategies versus brawn and tanks.Feral farming a peaceful plant for the people.Herbal libertarians denying the label of evil.From soil to the psychoactive changing of minds.Medicine and consciousness from natures source.From secret seed to the sacred and sublime.A power to the people against government force.Growers in the shadows using tactics of light.Evasion and fertility are our arms for the fight.Proliferate, cultivate, guerilla growers take flight.....
Gnome Man's Land 2011 GG Diary
Gnomageddon 2012!
Gnomad Gardens 2013

#2 whats_luring

whats_luring

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

You could visit the £1 shop and get em in 12ltr bags each when the gardening stuff comes in. Also if you dont mind peat i think b&q do a 10 or 12ltr bag for £1.10 or somethink stupid..

Its all in 1 broooooooooo

Edited by whats_luring, 13 January 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#3 Loam Gnome

Loam Gnome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3888 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Nice one. Are those bags plastic? How many for a pound? ta....
Botanical battles fought on brambled banks. Guerilla strategies versus brawn and tanks.Feral farming a peaceful plant for the people.Herbal libertarians denying the label of evil.From soil to the psychoactive changing of minds.Medicine and consciousness from natures source.From secret seed to the sacred and sublime.A power to the people against government force.Growers in the shadows using tactics of light.Evasion and fertility are our arms for the fight.Proliferate, cultivate, guerilla growers take flight.....
Gnomageddon 2012!
Gnomad Gardens 2013

#4 Bad Penny.

Bad Penny.

Corporate tosser ;-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11179 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

Theres 50 heavy duty plastic potato planting bags 30 litre capacity on the bay for 25 quid :ninja:

Alright it's time I went, because I want to ban many VIP members here. :(. Good luck ********** and thanks to the good ones here who helped me get my personal supply sorted out properly......F*ck off and Close the door quietly on your way out you f*cking drama-queen.

#5 irishgrass

irishgrass

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

I was thinking would the roots get trough the sand bags maybe not, potato sacks look a better job alright.

#6 Bad Penny.

Bad Penny.

Corporate tosser ;-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11179 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

heres the specs,but he who pays the piper calls the tune :guitar:

12" x 23" x 18"

Soft sided so can be stored flat.
When filled measures 15" dia x 12" high

Made of 500 gauge plastic, so very strong

Drainage holes so to not waterlog your seeds

Alright it's time I went, because I want to ban many VIP members here. :(. Good luck ********** and thanks to the good ones here who helped me get my personal supply sorted out properly......F*ck off and Close the door quietly on your way out you f*cking drama-queen.

#7 Loam Gnome

Loam Gnome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3888 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Liking the look of the net ones for moisture, and root freedom. 100 for £31 :guitar:

AH see the ones BP :yep:

Edited by Loam Gnome, 13 January 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Gnomageddon 2012!
Gnomad Gardens 2013

#8 Bad Penny.

Bad Penny.

Corporate tosser ;-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11179 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

AH see the ones BP

Just brainstorming,the more input into a thread the more ideas are bandied about the more lightbulb moments,some are starting to think outside the box,realise there really are no limitations and intend to deversify their methods and techniques,its going to be a green season,laps of honour of the M25 dumping bagged plants here and there and whatnot and suchlike :guitar:

#9 whats_luring

whats_luring

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

OOOh dont go on the m25 i think every1s up and down there this year.

Ive seen too much already to do anyhtink myself lol

Edited by whats_luring, 13 January 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#10 Bad Penny.

Bad Penny.

Corporate tosser ;-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11179 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

OOOh dont go on the m25

I paid my roadtax :unsure:
I dropped bags off round there in 2011,nary one was found :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users