12 replies to this topic

#1 Tomas

Tomas

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hello all,

as I was searching for a way to find some CBD dominant strains, because of its benefits and no "high" effect, I did find the info videos here about juicing fresh weed. Also I found the info about cold processed weed - cbdA - thcA and its benefits.

As I'm still not able to find CBD dominant strains (checking this with TLC plates) - its no problem to find 1:1 ratios (cbd:thc).

So my question is this:

Juicing seems to be very interesting. I suffer from a lot physiological (and psychological) problems - like rheumatic problems, inflammation, back pains and heavy seizures. From the information I have, fresh juice could help a lot if taken for a longer period of time.

So who can have 30 plants or something like that, and have fresh weed every day to produce "juice" every day? That's not possible for most people. Especially if you work with hydro and not soil and have to wait until you flush at the end of flowering period.

Does someone here have some knowledge about whether:

- freeze fresh buds and use them if you need for juicing
- or juice everything at once and freeze the juice?

also I wonder if you can freeze cold processed oil?

I ask about freezing because of keeping CBD-A and THC-A and NOT change it during time and loose the "A".

I wonder if a juicer really "Juices" the resin almost complete - can't believe that - I think there sticks a lot to the "dry" weed coming out of the juicer.

So my idea in a case like this, would be: Juice everything fresh, freeze most of it as little units (icecubes) and use the almost dry weed coming out of the juicer to make oil from this. And then freeze some amount of this, too.

I also wonder about, how long you could have CBD-A and THC-A stable in cold processed oil- if you store it in the fridge.

And last but not least:

I started to become interested in all of that, because I have psychological problems - hard live to me. Then I heard that CBD (read a study and started researching) fights shizophrenia, psychosis, heavy fears and perhaps even depression.

In my case it is so important not to have THC (or just tiny tiny ratios with high CBD) - and not to take the oil out the fridge one day and get stoned like hell ;-).

So as long as there are no high CBD strains available- it is important not to change THC-A to THC ... to me.

Does someone know if CBD-A could also be beneficial to the psychological illness, or only CBD?

But because of my physiological condition (i run from doc to doc...) I'm also interested even if I can not medicate my psychological condition.

Think it could help me a lot... searching for some cure....

Thank you all very much!

(and excuse my english)

Tomas

#2 original-glass

original-glass

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2661 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hi, I can't help with any of the questions about juicing. I am sure some people on here will be knowledgeable on that subject. However one of the seed strains we carry has a high CBD content, please check it out if you are interested "Otto#1" I wish we could be more help with other questions. All the best with your treatment.

OG :yinyang:

Original handblown glass pipes bongs and bubblers. Home of the OG Hempwick, a natural alternative to butane lighters and matches. Unique medical seed strains from RealMed and Centennial Seeds.
http://www.original-glass.co.uk

#3 Tomas

Tomas

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hi, I can't help with any of the questions about juicing. I am sure some people on here will be knowledgeable on that subject. However one of the seed strains we carry has a high CBD content, please check it out if you are interested "Otto#1" I wish we could be more help with other questions. All the best with your treatment.

OG :yinyang:

great info ! Thank you very much!

I already read about otto 1 and was angry because no reseller in Europa....

I did search for it... :-)

Edited by Tomas, 11 January 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#4 _worm1_

_worm1_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

what a great post Tomas.
Lots of interesting questions some of which i would like to know the answer to aswell.
Are you growing hydro?, reason i ask is most people would strongly recommend growing as organic as you can if for medicine.
I know a good place where you can find some of the answers to your questions, pm me.
I was watching 'Weed Wars S01E02' and one organic grower talks about a strain called 'harlequin', which has high levels of CBD.

worm1

#5 Tomas

Tomas

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

what a great post Tomas.
Lots of interesting questions some of which i would like to know the answer to aswell.
Are you growing hydro?, reason i ask is most people would strongly recommend growing as organic as you can if for medicine.
I know a good place where you can find some of the answers to your questions, pm me.
I was watching 'Weed Wars S01E02' and one organic grower talks about a strain called 'harlequin', which has high levels of CBD.

worm1

hello - thank you for your answer!

- I can't use the message system, don't know why "your are not allowed to use the message...." ??

Growing in soil is a great thing if we wouldn't live in crazy times like this. Hydro has so many benefits - if you know how to use it. Less dirt - less soil to carry around and of course throw away (I know you can re-use soil... but seems to be not as easy as coco for example). Of course I think soil with bio fertilizer is the way to go for medicine. But if you do use hydro in the right way - for example coco - use good fertilizer, don't overfeed and give enough flushing time in the end, I think there is no great medicinal difference. But that's just my point of view. You can always use smaller pot sizes, can use enzymes and reuse the most coco "soils" again, again and again. You have faster growth, greater yield. In times like this, you have to try to keep cost and energy down and of course security most high.

Also you could only have "medicinal" quality on soil- if you use bio food for the plants. I would not like to juice fresh unflushed leafes.

I think I know almost all strains which you can find in the internet. I'm looking for news since two years now. The strain you mentioned is not available as seed- not in Europa.

Some possibilities:

- landraces (realseedcompany)
- mrnice/resin seeds the cannatonic or z6 z7
and now...

thanks to OG

- Otto#1

I don't want to use cannatonic or z6 z7 - because there are too few infos about it. With cannatonic there seems to be a low chance to receive a high cbd and (very) low THC plant.

Landraces can be the way to go - but there are many problems and things you can't calculate before.

Otto seems to be a good opportunity to find something - they have some more infos about the chance to have a high CBD plant.

But with all of these one thing is the same: You can't be sure - not so nice. You have to grow some of these - and test them - or smoke (or let someone smoke ^^) the samples to know if its psychoactive or not... and I don't smoke weed and I don't want to tell anyone if I would grow some.

Like I said crazy times we all live in.

Tomas

#6 Tomas

Tomas

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

but back to topic - I would be very very happy if someone knows something about freezing and keeping the "A".

And if a juice looses a lot of its benefits if frozen direct after juicing?

I don't want to flood the forum - but thinking about open a new topic about "cold oil" and how to do that best. Does someone know something about that?

#7 ostrichmilkman

ostrichmilkman

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

isn't harlequin supposedly the highest cbd strain of the lot ? not sure how easy it is to get hold of but it has like 8% cbd and low thc levels.
native american proverb

"when you have cut down the last tree and poison the last river. you will know, that you cannot eat money"

#8 Tomas

Tomas

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

isn't harlequin supposedly the highest cbd strain of the lot ? not sure how easy it is to get hold of but it has like 8% cbd and low thc levels.

yes one plant of the harlequin strain- that was tested... think there are only clones available- but not sure...

there are better sources...

harlequin... you have to be in the USA for that strain... and if you would have seeds I think its same like other strains: some high cbd- some high thc- some equal

#9 ostrichmilkman

ostrichmilkman

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

there must be a way to extract the cbd on its own, maybe make an extraxt with bho/iso and then extract the cbd from that. in cali they have 99% cbd tinctures so it must be possible, i wish you all the best seeking treatment its such a shame how laws stop people reaching the medicine they need and deserve.
native american proverb

"when you have cut down the last tree and poison the last river. you will know, that you cannot eat money"

#10 OLaC

OLaC

A Stoner of Ice and Fire

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4513 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

I've got no idea about the freezing aspect, but If grown organically I'd juice fresh then freeze, but I'm unsure whether the -A would be affected.

I'm trying out femaleseeds.nl Black sugar in my next run, supposedly a medicinal strain, sativa yet grows short like Indica. Not much info on it, but I'll sure to post the results..

I'm going to experiment with Juicing the fan leaves and airbud/shwag on my next grow :stoned:
1st Diary - UGORG mixup Sweet Seeds cream caramel and John Sinclair Skunk in soil

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein.

#11 Tomas

Tomas

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

there must be a way to extract the cbd on its own, maybe make an extraxt with bho/iso and then extract the cbd from that. in cali they have 99% cbd tinctures so it must be possible, i wish you all the best seeking treatment its such a shame how laws stop people reaching the medicine they need and deserve.

yes it's a shame- I mustn't think about it...

#12 _worm1_

_worm1_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

what a great post Tomas.

worm1

hello - thank you for your answer!

- I can't use the message system, don't know why "your are not allowed to use the message...." ??

Growing in soil is a great thing if we wouldn't live in crazy times like this. Hydro has so many benefits - if you know how to use it. Less dirt - less soil to carry around and of course throw away (I know you can re-use soil... but seems to be not as easy as coco for example). Of course I think soil with bio fertilizer is the way to go for medicine. But if you do use hydro in the right way - for example coco - use good fertilizer, don't overfeed and give enough flushing time in the end, I think there is no great medicinal difference. But that's just my point of view. You can always use smaller pot sizes, can use enzymes and reuse the most coco "soils" again, again and again. You have faster growth, greater yield. In times like this, you have to try to keep cost and energy down and of course security most high.

Also you could only have "medicinal" quality on soil- if you use bio food for the plants. I would not like to juice fresh unflushed leafes.

I think I know almost all strains which you can find in the internet. I'm looking for news since two years now. The strain you mentioned is not available as seed- not in Europa.

Some possibilities:

- landraces (realseedcompany)
- mrnice/resin seeds the cannatonic or z6 z7
and now...

thanks to OG

- Otto#1

I don't want to use cannatonic or z6 z7 - because there are too few infos about it. With cannatonic there seems to be a low chance to receive a high cbd and (very) low THC plant.

Landraces can be the way to go - but there are many problems and things you can't calculate before.

Otto seems to be a good opportunity to find something - they have some more infos about the chance to have a high CBD plant.

But with all of these one thing is the same: You can't be sure - not so nice. You have to grow some of these - and test them - or smoke (or let someone smoke ^^) the samples to know if its psychoactive or not... and I don't smoke weed and I don't want to tell anyone if I would grow some.

Like I said crazy times we all live in.

Tomas

my mistake, i think u need 50 posts before pm is enabled.
i dissagree strongly with hydro, imo its cheap and nasty.
green passion, if you google it can lead to some medicinal information

#13 _Zeah_

_Zeah_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

And if a juice looses a lot of its benefits if frozen direct after juicing?

The enzymes still work after freezing so no benefits should be lost :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users