• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

Anyone else bet him with their heart and not their head?

I took him at 12/1 just after his last win around 3-4 weeks ago hope he does it, put a tenner on him at 6/1 in his last race and put the winnings on him for todays..
Master Minded is probably the one I would have took if betting with my head though he's been trained right up for this one but old Kauto just steals my heart every time he races and to think they were all saying he should be retired pmpl he might be old but he loves the racing and he especially loves the King George.

C'mon the old yin ohh I cannae wait 15:10 on channel 4 for those interested in possible history being made. Their will be tears in this house if he does....
C'mon son you can do it.. :yahoo: :yahoo:
Life isn't fair, it's just fairer than death!

#2 Hiphip

Hiphip

O Arglwydd, dyma gamwedd

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7555 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Who's happy now then?

Well done mate.

Cheers

My Diaries

And on the streets of hometown now, we watch each other as if we're strangers. But say it loud, scream it loud: I am not at war

We're better than them

#3 Saddam

Saddam

280-315nm

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5909 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Kuato on horseback? How does that work? lol lol lol

#4 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

910 squidlys back.. Gettin there.

I'm crying..That my friends is the best horse we are likely to ever see 12 year old in a few days and he just gets better.. 5 King Georges eh better than the great Dessert Orchid I'm shaking lol.
I am now in love wi an old nag lol.
Now for the Cheltenham gold cup.. If he turns out like he did today he will make the best grade 1 horses in Britain look like grade 5's just like he did today. Even Long Run looked like an amateur today, although a bit further and he may have got there but it was the jumping Kauto put in he was sensational!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#5 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Just to add I think we can really start to look at king Kauto as a possible contender for the greatest horse in history. In my opinion if he can take the Gold Cup it should seal that tag for him but in my heart he's better than Arkle and Dessert Orchid put together. We have seen a legend at the top of his game for 12 yes 12 years we will never see the likes of that again and he looks to be getting bloody better lol

Edited by Tevion, 26 December 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#6 Ishmael

Ishmael

thanks for the avatar Deez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10225 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Well done mate, what a brave wonderful horse he is and I'm delighted you had such a nice Christmas win. I was on poor Master Minded who ended lame.

"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

#7 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Well done mate, what a brave wonderful horse he is and I'm delighted you had such a nice Christmas win. I was on poor Master Minded who ended lame.

Unlucky buddy, I would have took Master Minded, I really would have but I had backed Kauto a month ago with a tenner at 6/1 and lets face it he completely trumped the field there, I then bet with my heart and fired the winnings on Kauto at would you believe 12/1 for todays race.. Had I bet with my head my cash would have been on Master Minded I think he could have done it but Kauto jumped beautifully today and we can't take any credit away from him!
Master Minded has took a chunk out of his tendon I think thats him retired now which is a pity (gave me a few pay days).

#8 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

4/1 Kauto is for the gold cup. I don't think he can be kept in form for it though with his age being of slight concern what do others think??
This just in about MM
It was found after the race that Master Minded had struck into himself and was pulled up by Daryl Jacob. The dual Champion Chase winner's injury is reported to be career-threatening but not life-threatening.

#9 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Of interest to folks I hope!

Races: 40
1st: 23
2nd: 7
3rd: 4
Unplaced: 6
Now thats some record.

Edited by Tevion, 26 December 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#10 crunchy frog

crunchy frog

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

12/1 :yinyang: nice one mate.

Got to agree the best jump horse ever,when you think denman has come and go during kautos existance and he's still there,amazing.
In another era denman would have been hailed as the best for a generation.

#11 bad back bill

bad back bill

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3631 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:56 AM

i backed long run myself and if the run in was a bit longer i think he would have got up. but fair play to the old yin a fantastic display of jumping and he more than deserves all the credit hes going to get.5 k.gs. cant ever see that getting beat.

Let the others come after us we welcome the chase..

#12 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

i backed long run myself and if the run in was a bit longer i think he would have got up. but fair play to the old yin a fantastic display of jumping and he more than deserves all the credit hes going to get.5 k.gs. cant ever see that getting beat.

I just wouldn't have backed long run at that price. The thing about long run catching him if it was a longer race lol, I'm going to be a wee bit controversial here and although I said it in a previous post I think its an unfair thing to say because had it been a longer race I'm sure the tactics would have been slightly different. Ruby Walsh knows Kauto better than any jockey (which is why last years ended with long run winning imo) Kauto kept up quite a pace throughout yesterday, I think I'm right in saying he was 3secs of the course record and Ruby pushed him just enough to win. It was the jumping that won the race for me how many mistakes did long run make, Kauto made none that I could see. It really is the equivalent of a 65yr old winning gold at the Olympics long run is half Kautos age remember. Kauto has to be the best horse ever for me 5 wins will never be repeated in that race long run got lucky last year, I don't think he's in Kautos class but he needs to win another 4 to get mentioned in the same breath. The only question now is can you keep a 12 year old lightly raced horse in form for the Gold Cup? He has the best trainer to do it. I think its a big ask...

#13 barry1984

barry1984

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

The jumping of kauto was unbelievable yesterday I've been netting him for years now what a legend the leap over those fences yesterday was unbelievable
If he can keep his jumping like that then I can see him winning the gold cup he gains 2 to 3 lengths on the others at every fence ruby deserves a lot of credit too
Top quality kauto I was proud yesterday brought a tear to my eye

#14 crunchy frog

crunchy frog

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

when your cheering a horse on that you've backed against you know he's special lol

#15 Ishmael

Ishmael

thanks for the avatar Deez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10225 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

when your cheering a horse on that you've backed against you know he's special lol

so true

"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users