Photo

Fishing ? Surely There,s Other Fishers ?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

Fishing who,s into fishing and what do they fish for ? I love fishing 80% of it is salmon and sea trout, but i also like fishing for wild brown trout. I live a stone throw from imo some of the best trout fishing in scotland the upper reaches of the clyde. I also fish the river nith the tweed,tay,the earn in fact all over scotland. owd if you happen to read this i,ve seen your " rod reel and relaxation" and wonderd what it is you fish for. well i,ll see how this goes for now ? CR

Edited by cantregister, 08 December 2011 - 03:00 AM.

Mans inhumanity to man "Robert Burns"

#2 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

sorry found the right place

#3 kgb

kgb

im a secret lemonade drinker

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2719 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

i love fishing (carp)...the trouble is im crap at it!!...tbh i just like the peace n quiet!!
mistakes are part of the learning process!http://kgbeans.co.uk/

#4 Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert

Floral sweet oaty fish biscuit

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

Im also a carp fisherman but to be honest I think I prefer the setting up of my fancy rigs and getting a base camp set up with my bivvy etc than actually fishing! I used to go sea fishing with my auld man when he was still with us, really enjoyed that whether it be fishing off the dock or going out in the little boat.
The way of the transgressor... is fuckin' 'ard, like. Jeremy Lewis

I disagree. As long as there is a MODICUM OF OWLAGE (MOO) then post whatever the fuck you like. Hiphip

To me the main reason for growing is what the end product does, not colas so dense you could drive a 6 inch nail in with it. I have hammers for that but they don’t get me high. Oldtimer1

#5 Biokid

Biokid

Still not found THE avatar

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Trout, Salmon and Sea-Trout man here. Also fish the Nith (1 week in October annually). I tie flies for my own use as well. Nothing like reeling in a fish caught with your own fly.

Bio
The advantage of self-delusion is that the person deceiving you has your best interests at heart

Bio's first 'real' grow..
Bio's second edition..
Bio's Third episode - Resumed..

#6 SilC

SilC

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7759 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

Same as Biokid . I spend a lot of time in July/August dryfly fishing .
Although i'd never fish for stocked rainbow trout or on man made reservoirs . A flashy lure is something i wouldn't be tying up unless it was for someone else
'' Yes mam ,no mam , mam if you please . For t'was up the ducks arse I shoved the green peas ''

#7 _HailCannabis_

_HailCannabis_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Yup, dry fly or minnow fishing for wild brownies is one of the passions of my outdoor life. I really should start tying my own flies too.

#8 Penny Arcade

Penny Arcade

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

Another carper here...

You cant beat that buzz when your alarm goes screaming off & you hook into a big old warrior.

Ive only been into it a few years,still learning to be honest.

Carrying all that gear tho :wallbash: & then blanking,ohh the joys!

Tightlines.

Penny.
Step up and play...

#9 Fearnox

Fearnox

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

Mackrel and whitey, don't know why but sitting aside a river holds nothing on me, i'm more a sea fisher, got a boat but in middle selling it, to hopefully find sommat better. Much prefer to go 5 miles out to sea and find a wreck and see what i get. BUT....I've always wanted to try some salmon fishing in scotland but not too sure how to go about it. :wallbash:
How can something that will give the UK it's farming community back, bring us out of recession, reduce the countries carbon footprint, have over 5000 uses, reduce NHS Prescription cost be Illegal!!!!
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/3998/regulation/12/made
Painkillers take the pain away from the brain, Cannabis takes the brain away from the pain

#10 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

Although i'd never fish for stocked rainbow trout or on man made reservoirs . A flashy lure is something i wouldn't be tying up unless it was for someone else

" A purist lol"

#11 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Has either of you been to orkney ? the wild brown trout fishing is unmatched £20 or £30 for more lochs than you can shake a stick at. I wouldn,t say i,m strict no rainbow, i,ve had some good days at them but wild brown,sea trout and salmon are tops for me

Edited by cantregister, 08 December 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#12 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37700 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

I loved fishing out in a boat off the south coast or in the Bristol channel, my best time was catching spur-dogs, basically small sharks but with 2" poisonous spikes behind their fins :fear: i`ve only ever seen them in the channel on that one day because it was so calm for the channel that was the only time we could hang around the middle, catching skate on carp gear is a blast too lol this was all about ten years ago so i don`t know what the state of the fishing is like now, the only fishing i`ve done in the past couple of years is mackerel off of Beer, well, tbh we didn`t catch a single fish and ended getting pissed and stoned trying to get each other soaked from boat to boat lol

My bolt hole 

Killer Skunk, Noname and Cheesy Smurf http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=342278

"Going in the sea in large vegetables is not a good idea."

#13 SilC

SilC

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7759 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Has either of you been to orkney ? the wild brown trout fishing is unmatched 20 or 30 for more lochs than you can shake a stick at. I wouldn,t say i,m strict no rainbow, i,ve had some good days at them but wild brown,sea trout and salmon are tops for me

Pay to fish ? River management is only for rivers that are fished by hundreds of anglers.
I'd pay for a day ticket to fish a weir for salmon just for a day out maybe but Salmon fishing hasn't that element of hunting like there is in mimicking an insect , or watching a trout rise and sip your fly down , eyes straining to see and then knowing the split second when to bend into a fish .
Or upstream nymphing ,you have to be fast and usually depending on the take you'd be going for a tarpoon strike , at an angle to hook the fish in the top lip .
Having said that the feeling of a salmon on a light trout rod is incredible . What I like to do to relax is sit down with a worm but rarely am I relaxed when I'm fishing during mayfly or sedges . blue winged olives in July .That's good sport , heart in mouth stuff !
'' Yes mam ,no mam , mam if you please . For t'was up the ducks arse I shoved the green peas ''

#14 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Yup, dry fly or minnow fishing for wild brownies is one of the passions of my outdoor life. I really should start tying my own flies too.

the problem with the minnow is not a lot of people can fish it properly, So it,s banned at most rivers usualy by those who can,t fish it. Like a penny i,ve only fished for the last 4-5 yrs, other than when i was a lad drowning worms lol. Luckly i come from a family of fishers so when i got back into it i had plenty of advice on hand.

#15 bushmaster82

bushmaster82

Dreaming all things carpy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2041 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

Another specimen carp hunter here lol but its starting to feel like I'm camping with a purpose.

After many nights of motionless alarms I've come to enjoy the sense of being one with nature

The only gripe I have is all the : try this new wonder bait/rig/tackle speel given out by the fishing industry, come on guys all you need is a worm on the hook and a thermos of tomato soup
Glory be to the Virgin Mary and Mary Magdelene for they truly are their brothers keepers and the founders of lost causes and they were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off. LAKE PALMER/ALDRIDGE PRIOR 31 JUL 2009

If you carefully fold the corners up to encapsulate the offending feacal matter you came dispose of it safely and sanitary.. VINCE NOIR ROCK N ROLL STAR Nov 27 2010

- to someone watching it would have looked like i was walking normally then a bit of spontaneous breakdancing and an attempted somersault from the standing position.. UNDERWATER 8 Nov 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users