• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 bikemad694

bikemad694

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

hi,fella ive got the same neck problem as u but have a burning with shit hot hotness to, im on slow release tramadol thats call zamadol & i take 100m 2x aday & that stops the sickness, but also take oramorph liquid morphine when i cant take no more. a good strain is warlock & i use it to good effect . good luck & hope u can get it out of your doc cos it a lot better than the standard tramadol

#17 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

thanks for all the replies guys, taking just 10 mg of a 50mg capsule at a time seems to get rid of all the antidepressant properties, but the pain killing effect is just as good, and if it aint enough i can take another 10 mg in two hours and eventually the agony ceases :-D. So i could just stick with doing that. Be nice to have something that reliably worked abit sooner, four hours of waiting for relief can be interesting, my doc, however thinks thats perfectly fine, compared to the risk of giving me actual proper opiates.
bikemad, do ya feel you get any annoying antidepressant effect from the slow release tramadol?

Edited by kilgore trout, 05 December 2011 - 07:36 PM.

"But ultimately,I postulate,true immortality can be found only in space.Space exploration is the only goal worth striving for.Over the hills and far away.You will know your enemies by those who attempt to block your path.Vampiric monopolists would keep you in time like their cattle."It's a good thing cows don't fly",they say with an evil chuckle.The evil,intelligent Slave Gods."
William S burroughs - Immortality.

#18 chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

The deeper I go, the more knowledge I know

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2499 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

thanks for all the replies guys, taking just 10 mg of a 50mg capsule at a time seems to get rid of all the antidepressant properties, but the pain killing effect is just as good, and if it aint enough i can take another 10 mg in two hours and eventually the agony ceases :-D. So i could just stick with doing that. Be nice to have something that reliably worked abit sooner, four hours of waiting for relief can be interesting, my doc, however thinks thats perfectly fine, compared to the risk of giving me actual proper opiates.
bikemad, do ya feel you get any annoying antidepressant effect from the slow release tramadol?

Change your GP! He clearly is talking out of his arse. Tramadol or rather it's primary metabolite o-desmethyltramadol is a potent mu-opiod receptor agonist and comparable in many people to significant doses of morphine. Trouble is it depends on which phenotype of p450 2D6 you have. You may have none, some or lots of it produced depending on which copy of the enzyme you have. Tramadol also has addictive potential no greater or worse than dihydrocodeine which may well suit you better. Trouble is you'll never know until you try.

Good luck :shuriken:
Smile & Blue Satellite 2.2 X OG Kush
Celestial Temple With Noname

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong” - Voltaire
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Nietzsche

#19 goldie_2007

goldie_2007

Battling Demons

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4005 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

2 50mg qds (4 times a day, in English).

I spose 400mg a day has me addicted. No real choice :nea: I don't like being addicted to any opiate. Thank fuck for the pain-relief from opiates though innit :spliff:

I already have found myself upping my dose to the full 8 in a day after about a month of taking them if that, at first I would take them and feel warm and pleasent with a bit of a positive buzz about me, now I feel no high as such just pain relief, I had been trying to keep down to just 4 as I had started but my naughty nature makes me want to push the envelope. I am a proper addict when it comes to drugs I dont mind to admit, I have psychological issues when it comes to drugs :smokin:
I try to have days without but end up feeling narcy and in pain by the end of the day and end up having a couple to make me feel rosey again. Does this mean I am becoming physically dependent already?

#20 chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

The deeper I go, the more knowledge I know

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2499 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

2 50mg qds (4 times a day, in English).

I spose 400mg a day has me addicted. No real choice :nea: I don't like being addicted to any opiate. Thank fuck for the pain-relief from opiates though innit :spliff:

I already have found myself upping my dose to the full 8 in a day after about a month of taking them if that, at first I would take them and feel warm and pleasent with a bit of a positive buzz about me, now I feel no high as such just pain relief, I had been trying to keep down to just 4 as I had started but my naughty nature makes me want to push the envelope. I am a proper addict when it comes to drugs I dont mind to admit, I have psychological issues when it comes to drugs :smokin:
I try to have days without but end up feeling narcy and in pain by the end of the day and end up having a couple to make me feel rosey again. Does this mean I am becoming physically dependent already?

I know where you're coming from but it you chase a high with an opioid this will always happen eventually. Just take the minimum you need to keep the pain at bay and smoke some weed for a high. So what if you're dependent. That said if you do want to come off them reduce them slowly of a few weeks is best.
Smile & Blue Satellite 2.2 X OG Kush
Celestial Temple With Noname

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong” - Voltaire
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Nietzsche

#21 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38360 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Thank fuck for the pain-relief from opiates though innit :spliff:

Indeed it is, my old friend! ;)

About the four hour wait.... my goodness, what shoddy pain management by the GP. If the pain is indeed truly chronic and not responding to all the usual therapies and lesser analgesics, then its time to consider Opioids. And because of the chronic nature of the pain, it is surely best to use controlled release formulas of whatever Opioid is being prescribed. This stops the peaks and troughs associated with standard formulations of the drug, and that means no more (or far less intense) "highs" to be chased, and a prophylactic analgesia which not only handles the pain more efficiently, but it also gets rid of any "waiting period".
I used to take my Opioids in response to pain, until an Anaesthetist explained all this to me. I cannot explain how glad I was that he did. It led to me being in some kind of control of my pain for the first time in fifteen to twenty years. But you need to recognise that drugs are never a perfect answer. And that there is always a price to pay, especially if you go beyond the dose levels prescribed.

The other thing to remember is that GP's will often be slow, or even refuse to prescribe higher opioids. The best way forward to get a referral to a Pain Management Clinic. If the PMC consultant thinks higher opioids are called for, he/she will write and tell your GP so, and ask that they take over the prescription as soon as required by you. This is the "correct protocol" really, and it takes the weight of responsibility off your GP's shoulders. I'm very lucky to have a GP who has no issues with Opioid prescriptions, but even she was glad to have the nod from the PMC that she could take the doses up any-time that was required. Once you have a repeat prescription for Opioids like Morphine, the dose should be agreed upon between Doctor and Patient after careful titration by the latter.

This is all "as explained to me by..." and reflects my own experience in the field. But bear in mind... I'm no doctor, pharmacist or anything other than a lay patient!

#22 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

thanks for the advice arnold, i shall keep what ya said in mind when i see the doc
"But ultimately,I postulate,true immortality can be found only in space.Space exploration is the only goal worth striving for.Over the hills and far away.You will know your enemies by those who attempt to block your path.Vampiric monopolists would keep you in time like their cattle."It's a good thing cows don't fly",they say with an evil chuckle.The evil,intelligent Slave Gods."

#23 goldie_2007

goldie_2007

Battling Demons

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4005 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

I used to take my Opioids in response to pain, until an Anaesthetist explained all this to me. I cannot explain how glad I was that he did. It led to me being in some kind of control of my pain for the first time in fifteen to twenty years. But you need to recognise that drugs are never a perfect answer. And that there is always a price to pay, especially if you go beyond the dose levels prescribed.

Arnold, I am trying to take my tablets at times when I am in pain, but it means I end up in pain for a bit before they get working in my system. Am I supposed to just take the tablets at regular intervals regardless of pain or not? I find it confusing when to take them because when there working I dont feel too much pain which makes me stop them for a bit, thinking am not having a flare up anymore, then the pain comes back and the tablets take a bit to come into effect again.

With everything you say about doctors and opiate prescribing makes sense to me now, when I asked for a repeat prescription I was called in to see the doc first who was alright, slightly hesitant though at giving me them considering my background which is on my medical records. He gave me a script for a hundred along with a lecture and how addictive they can be and asked me not to come back for more until at least a month had passed. This means I have to ration them anyway because his maths isnt very good as the 100 wont even do 28 days :yinyang:

#24 _shitead_

_shitead_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Just been reading this thread, Mrs SH is on prescription oramorph and Dyhydracodeine from the GP for her Ostio and Rheumatoid, her doctors are excellent, they explained to her that these pain killers the pills especially, are to be taken all the time whether she's in pain or not, this way they build up in the system and keep the pain at bay, every two hours for her. She doesn't do this, hates feeling wasted all day mentally, so basically suffers until the pains that bad that she has to take the medicine, by then usually, she's in pain till everything kicks in. Oramorph is fast acting, it don't kill the pain but makes it more bearable, a bit like what a lot of people on here say about smoking weed for medicine.
She hasn't had a full nights sleep for 6 years near enough, apart from when she had some nice skunk a couple of months ago, she managed 5 hours straight that night. My Auto fb are coming on now, nearly 3 weeks into flower, gonna finish these 5 off and by then will have a couple of Afghani#1 x White widow ready and waiting for flowering. Thats a good cross i bread for her a few years back that helps her out. I've been looking at Cheese and Ugorgs Blues also to try for her.
I'll grow her a good nights sleep soon enough.

#25 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38360 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

Arnold, I am trying to take my tablets at times when I am in pain, but it means I end up in pain for a bit before they get working in my system. Am I supposed to just take the tablets at regular intervals regardless of pain or not?

I was told, "Yes" to exactly that self same question.

her doctors are excellent, they explained to her that these pain killers the pills especially, are to be taken all the time whether she's in pain or not, this way they build up in the system and keep the pain at bay

Just like this.

It may seem an odd thing to do, but prophylactic medication works a whole lot better than Re-active medication. And you soon get over the drowsy feelings, as you adjust to the drugs. I still nod off easy, but not nearly as much as I did when using my drugs re-actively. But frankly, the od nod is so much better to have to deal with, than huge dollops of pain all the time.

#26 bikemad694

bikemad694

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

No i don't mate, i find the slow release version fine and it doesn't interfere with any of my other drugs either. With the ordinary tramadol i used to feel really sick and get the shakes, and used to get an almost high for a period with increased confidence but also paranoia at the same time and then i'd gradually feel shittier until the next dose and then the same all over again. But the slow release version zamadol does none of these and i feel more lucid than before but still get the pain releif the same as the faster acting. Hope thats some help. I also suffer with severe arthritis thru all my body, crohns disease and had a bout of Guillian Barrie syndrome/miller fischer variety 17 years ago, so i've had a multitude of drugs and potions over the years and i've found this is one of the best that also allows you to function thru the day instead of the monged out effect of some. :yinyang: :) keep the peace & grow lots :spliff:

#27 bunnyhead138

bunnyhead138

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, amongst the several other ailments I've got going including chronic neck and back pain and degenerative disc disease. I have been treated with and guinea pigged on so many medications (pre-medical cannabis) that I cant even remember them all, including tramadol. I did notice the symptoms you mention from taking the original tramadol, but not with the generic form of it like the time release one mentioned by the person commenting here before me. Those were actually symptomatic of the tramadol itself not the fact I had combined it with cannameds tho as I did try it without them and with but still experienced the same problem. After trying so many things and nothing truly touching the pain, and after about a year of growing medical cannabis, I finally broke down and made cannabutter. It was so much easier then I thought it would be and it is the only thing that actually has ever managed to stop the pain. if theres any way you can get some trim and make it using my recipe, it could actually change your quality of life as it has mine. I am able to do so much more now that I'm not constantly in pain. I also have smoked cannabis for 24 years as a treatment for other problems such as anxiety, smoking really helps with that but I hadnt found cannabis to be Truly Medical for my chronic conditions, until i made butter and started treating my chronic pain with it. I hope you can somehow find an agreeable med that works for you and that at some point you get to feeling better. If you have any trims or can get some I recommend you try this and see if it helps.
I dose with 1/4 teaspoon during the daytime and a tsp at night and generally dont need any other pills or treatment for the pain since this works better then anything ive found. My prescriptions used to cost the insurance company over $5000 a year, now I am down to only allergy medicines. Cannabis Cures and what it doesnt cure it truly does treat well. There are over 46 different properties in the cannabis which our bodies are hardwired to take advantage of as an age old all natural medicine. you can make this butter in brownies, cookies etc but the fastest working way to dose it is just straight or in a butter shot and takes effect within a half hour on average while medibles tend to take about an hour to start working

Attached Thumbnails

• recipe.png

#28 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

hi bikemad,
it seems as though the slow release tramadol might be for me, then, am seeing the doc monday, so shall ask about them, but i would need something extra for times when the pain is really bad, because my body will adjust to that dose, else i shall live in constant fear.

hi bunnyhead,
i'm afraid, for me, cannabis helps not at all for my actual pain, even in very large doses, eaten etc, is great for cheering me up though, keeping up my appetite etc and getting rid of all those little aches and pains.

#29 _uncle festa_

_uncle festa_
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

feck me tramadol, morphine fuck i thought i had a bad enough habit smoking oz a week u lot beat me hands down i do like the odd electric shock though

#30 Toneblerone

Toneblerone

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

Have you had massage by some one who knows what they're up to.I had a bad neck i thought gave me head aches,worst thing was though i protected it by not using it's max range of motion and that made the muscles knotty and stiff,by luck got reccomended a good deep tissue massuese who told me just that,then fixed it with her hands of god,no more head aches,bliss.Doctor would never of reccomended that its not in his catalogue,and there ain't no side affects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users