1859 replies to this topic

#1 uzi

uzi

In Bud

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Chris eubank jr first outing has a pro 2mo looking forward to seeing him heard a lot of good things from groves and cleverly about him so it shoudnt last 2 long On the fury card channel 5

#2 roundsquare

roundsquare

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'm going round a mates tomorrow to watch that :yep: Fury's quite good but he's got a lot of improvement to go yet i think.

Eubank Jnr. you say? Should be interesting :boxing: see if he's a chip off the ole' block.

#3 uzi

uzi

In Bud

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

always Love the fury fights There know boxing involved it's like a school fight with gloves on and I now can't wait for him to get beat just to see a full blown riot on channel 5

#4 _Where Angels Play_

_Where Angels Play_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

Amir Khan is a massive massive fucking quim.

#5 BongHitter

BongHitter

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

eubank jnr was pretty good the other night but fury was shite a sorry excuse for a champ
I think everyone is a cunt until proven otherwise.

#6 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Does anyone actually follow real boxing?I mean like world class boxing?

It seems there's nobody talking about the real fights anymore and the British public seem to only know about the shite from the dregs of the barrel like Tyson Fury...

Did anyone see Linares' recent fight with Demarco?

Or Kirkland's scrap with Angulo?

What about Khan's upcoming fight with Peterson?

Pacquiao v Marquez?

#7 CaptainAhab

CaptainAhab

Scurge of the 7 sea's..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Does anyone actually follow real boxing?I mean like world class boxing?

It seems there's nobody talking about the real fights anymore and the British public seem to only know about the shite from the dregs of the barrel like Tyson Fury...

Did anyone see Linares' recent fight with Demarco?

Or Kirkland's scrap with Angulo?

What about Khan's upcoming fight with Peterson?

Pacquiao v Marquez?

I follow real boxing.
What did you make of the Paquiao v Marquez fight papaduc?.I got pretty much what i expected. Strange scorecards.

Linares v Demarco was a cracking fight imo. I fancy there will be a rematch and Demarco may finish the job sooner this time. If you lack power, in any weight class, your gonna struggle imo and i dont think Linares can stop Demarco.

I expect Khan to win against Peterson. Much improved fighter with dazzaling hand speed and a fair bit of power in his shots. The Maidana fight real made me respect the progress Khan has made.

Fury is a joke imo, the heavyweight division is poor and has been for many a year..Klitschko v Mormack.. Really?. No wonder people are watching MMA.
“There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking.”
Alfred Korzybski

Dub loving.. Weed smoking.. Yahoo..

#8 Mestizo

Mestizo

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

:rofl:

Rub a dub dub. Thanks for the grub.

#9 _TYS_

_TYS_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Herol Graham, no one could touch him until this happened lol

#10 CaptainAhab

CaptainAhab

Scurge of the 7 sea's..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

:rofl:

Just out of curiosity why is he a massive massive quim?.
“There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking.”
Alfred Korzybski

#11 _Where Angels Play_

_Where Angels Play_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Did you watch the Paquiao v Marquez fight ?

The lad has shit for brains and should never be allowed near the commentators seat again for as long as he's got a hole in his arse,he is the boxing equivalent of Ray Wilkins but Ray is atleast funny.

Edited by Where Angels Play, 21 November 2011 - 09:15 PM.

#12 Mestizo

Mestizo

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

I believe that may be in reference to his billing as "a force to be reckoned with" which still remains to be seen against a truly consistent opponent.

Rub a dub dub. Thanks for the grub.

#13 CaptainAhab

CaptainAhab

Scurge of the 7 sea's..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

I believe that may be in reference to his billing as "a force to be reckoned with" which still remains to be seen against a truly consistent opponent.

Maidana not consistent enough for ya.? Knocked out 28 of 31 opponents. A proper fighter that Khan faced and beat.
Alfred Korzybski

#14 Jack?

Jack?

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

The maquez pac fight was a joke.
Marquez took that fight and was robbed. I throught pac would of walked it as marquez seemed to be on the decline. how wrong was i.
He would beat khan if the fight happend in the next 6 months , and pac would get annilated against mayweather.
As for good fighters - kell brook , big things.
Good to see darren barker may be getting a secound chance at a world title too

#15 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

I follow real boxing.
What did you make of the Paquiao v Marquez fight papaduc?.I got pretty much what i expected. Strange scorecards.

Linares v Demarco was a cracking fight imo. I fancy there will be a rematch and Demarco may finish the job sooner this time. If you lack power, in any weight class, your gonna struggle imo and i dont think Linares can stop Demarco.

I expect Khan to win against Peterson. Much improved fighter with dazzaling hand speed and a fair bit of power in his shots. The Maidana fight real made me respect the progress Khan has made.

Fury is a joke imo, the heavyweight division is poor and has been for many a year..Klitschko v Mormack.. Really?. No wonder people are watching MMA.

Alright dude,

Pacquiao Marqeuz was a fantastic fight. Technical and gripping right til the end.

The scorecards were the opposite.

No respect for the performance of Marquez, eitherfrom the judges or the idiots at ringside calling the fight. I don't know if you watched the HBO version, but those fellas just paid no service to how good a fight Marqeuz fought. He bossed Pacquiao for large parts of the fight and really the least he deserves was a draw. I actually stuck a fiver on that at 12/1 so I was double pissed off, especially when the first card came in 114-114... but gutted for marquez.

Definite rematch and this time it looks like it could be in Mexico. Marquez definitely deserves it.

Linares? Well, the kid's got loads of skill hasn't he? You can see what he's about. But the bottom line for me in that fight was the fact that he's too brash, to flashy. See the way he was turning his head with all those shots, even at the end when he was getting tagged badly?

He needed to do the dirty work when he got tired, like holding, making the fight scrappy, tying DeMarco up on the inside and stopping him from working, give himself a breather. But instead he chose to stand there and trade. Maybe he thinks that type of stuff is beneath him and he could dance and pose his way to a win. Felt sorry for him a bit at the end, but it was his own fault, and credit to DeMarco for sticking to his plan. Cracking fight.

Amir Khan?I'm a big fan mate.I know a lot of people don't like him but the kid has entertainment value we haven't seen since Nigel Ben. And he's taking on the best fighters out there. More people should tune into this kid - I can't believe I'm saying that after the hype he got at the Olympics - but everyone seems to have ditched him.

The Maidana fight was a classic. Anyone who didn't see that, or the Linares one, should definitely check them out. Maidana's a tough bastard and Khan pulled it out at the end. But he's to learn to deal with that sort of fighter a lot better in future.He looked wide open to almost everything Maidana threw at him near the end and he got hit, a lot. Too many shots to take at that age and too many shots to take if you want to keep your speed and skills into a later age. Needs to tighten up a lot.

But the kid has blistering speed. I mean he's the fastest British boxer I've ever seen and he's got the talent to do almost anything if he can round and fine tune his game.but that's easier said than done. Peterson will be a good benchmark.

Hopefully someone like Berto or Ortiz after that, either of which I think have the potential to be absolute tearups.

As for the MMA bit at the end. I watch it myself. But as a boxing fan the quality is not in the same league. Boxing should promote itself better and fuck all the political bullshit right off, because in terms of fighting entertainment, you just can't beat a really good boxing match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users