#1 Road_Runner

Road_Runner

SMILE high club

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

Guys,

I've got 6 White Label Northern Lights Feminized girls 4 weeks into flower and I haven't seen any other sign of hermie. They are all flowering well, chucking out shit loads of fat pistils and the calyx's are just starting to swell.

I've just noticed a nearly full formed seed on the top of on of my top buds, fuck knows where it came from but I only noticed it today.

I immediately freaked out and started digging into other buds.

I couldn't find any other seeds as well developed as this one but about half or more of the buds I checked had small green seeds in them.

I've got around 4 weeks to go so I'm wondering whether I should fuck em off now and cut my losses or carry on and hope for the best?

Edited by Road_Runner, 16 September 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#2 fatmax62

fatmax62

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

:stoned: tough one that mate, at least for me ATB fatmax

#3 pete0000

pete0000

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

you may as well carry on , seeded bud works just fine, its just a pain in the arse picken em out
IF YOU WANNA GET INTO IT YOU GOTTA GET OUT OF IT

#4 Botrytis

Botrytis

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

i'd be picking the seed casings out too cos they make for a horrible smoke, but deff better than nothing, could maybe bubble it if u didn't like the way it smokes.

#5 Road_Runner

Road_Runner

SMILE high club

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

Do you think the seeds will be everywhere?

And does it sound like it's gone hermie somewhere or is because as I said, I haven't spotted any nana's

#6 _2hi2try_

_2hi2try_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

I've had it before where I've only found half a dozen seeds in 30 odd plants and never found the offender, carry on you should be fine.

#7 P9FUYHH

P9FUYHH

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:05 AM

Too late to pull it now. Just let it be and pick out the seeds later.

#8 krok

krok

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

And does it sound like it's gone hermie somewhere or is because as I said, I haven't spotted any nana's

Pollination have to happen for you to get seeds. So you must have missed the pollen-sacks (nana's?) on your hermie.
More might pop up later too... so it's hard to say if there will be seeds everywhere.

Pollen-sacks can be very hard to spot, I've seen them hidden inside buds.

BTW: Buds that are pollinated tend to get darker hairs faster and the calyxes with seed will swell - in short they look more mature than the buds that are not pollinated.
When it happened to me, only the lower buds got pollinated (seeded).

Edited by krok, 17 September 2011 - 06:24 AM.

#9 Twisted Rizla

Twisted Rizla

Eat sleep twist repeat...

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4317 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

I've had similar problems in the past. I thought I'd let them continue because I didn't have much of an alternative. However, the remaining five weeks allowed quite a bit of pollen to be flying around in the grow room and this caused some problems with the following grow. You really need to make sure you've completely washed your grow room out before you grow again. I used a hand held steam cleaner which enabled me to blast steam into all the corners of the grow room and completely soak it. Wet or dampness kills pollen so you'll need to either use a humidifier, steam cleaner or sponge to make sure the room is completely washed and cleared of the offending pollen. You'll be surprised how long it can remain active.

Good luck fella.

My Purpose Built Growroom

"I believe our future depends on how well we know this Cosmos in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky" - Carl Sagan

#10 pete0000

pete0000

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

as above, only I used a dilute bleach solution
IF YOU WANNA GET INTO IT YOU GOTTA GET OUT OF IT

#11 Road_Runner

Road_Runner

SMILE high club

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Pollination have to happen for you to get seeds. So you must have missed the pollen-sacks (nana's?) on your hermie.
More might pop up later too... so it's hard to say if there will be seeds everywhere.

Pollen-sacks can be very hard to spot, I've seen them hidden inside buds.

BTW: Buds that are pollinated tend to get darker hairs faster and the calyxes with seed will swell - in short they look more mature than the buds that are not pollinated.
When it happened to me, only the lower buds got pollinated (seeded).

Yeah, come to think of it, most are just still throwing out mad amounts of pure white pistils, some have got brown/whithered ones - I wondered why!

I'll do a closer inspection tonight to see if I can isolate a few others and get em off - to be honest the canopy is so crowded I could do with cutting it back a bit anyway!

Edited by Road_Runner, 17 September 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#12 Road_Runner

Road_Runner

SMILE high club

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for all your replies guys, I feel so gutted because everything about this grow was going perfectly - and it looks like a bumper yield as well.

Such a shame it's going to be seeded.... hopefully it won't be too bad hey

#13 Twisted Rizla

Twisted Rizla

Eat sleep twist repeat...

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4317 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

You need to start considering why your plants may have hermied. Light leaks? temperature stress? Stress generally etc etc.

My Purpose Built Growroom

"I believe our future depends on how well we know this Cosmos in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky" - Carl Sagan

#14 Road_Runner

Road_Runner

SMILE high club

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

It must've been caused by the couple times that the leccy went off (key meter)

I was hoping I'd got away with it appears not.

I'm tempted to cut my losses and get the next lot started but I'm also keen to let em finish just to see what they turn out like.

I find it hard to believe that the entire crop can be pollinated without me seing a single male flower/pollen sack.

Every single bud I check, even those that have only developed over the last few days, all have this tiny, soft, green embryo/seed thing attached to the pistils. It does look a bit like an immature seed but it seems strange they are in all buds - even those with fat white pistils and no brown hairs at all?

I'm wondering if I'm over-reacting, could thse things just be ovum's and what would grow into a seed if pollinated???

Edited by Road_Runner, 19 September 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#15 sky

sky

on the beach

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3215 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Guys,

I've got 6 White Label

and there was the mistake :( shite hacks.
.............................!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users