• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 the cultivator

the cultivator

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

ok so im probably thinking way too far in advance but im already thinking about what im gonna grow next year and am doing some research into kc brains seeds.

had a good read today and i think i would probably go for 40 regular seeds of mixed varieties. im thinkg kc 36, mango and kc 33.

so what do people think are the best strain to grow outdoors at lat 51? looking for ease of growing.

also what are the germ rates like with kc brains these days? and the male to female ratio?

all info would be greatly appreciated,

cheers, happy growing

#2 uBercaMeL

uBercaMeL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

From the diaries and feedback on here mate, I'd say check out the HFH/zen stuff too/first. (Bit worried that I'm beginning to sound like a shill for them, and I haven't even tried their stuff myself yet lol) :wassnnme: Certainly haven't seen any KC stuff already ready for the chop, yet there are many HFH's it seems ;)

e2a: I'm definitely giving the AHP a go next season (if it's back in stock by then :spliff:) as everyone here rants about it & it looks a treat! Personally next year I'm going to plant out fewer very large plants from cuttings (I'm cheap, and f-ing large & healthy plants are f-ing large & healthy plants :wacko: ).

Edited by uBercaMeL, 27 August 2011 - 07:35 PM.

Give a man a bud and he'll have bud for the day... Show him how to grow his own, and he'll have bud for about a week..
First GG attempt @ 51°N - 2011 Cheese Kush in coco Cheese Kush pollen chuckin'

Sickmeds Bubble Goo F3 and Wonder Kush

9 Ropey Cuts

#3 wildbill

wildbill

pat. pending

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7513 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

I would look into Dutch Passion Frisian Dew, from what I have seen it is an extraordinary outdoor strain. I believe farmer boy has had good results with it.

Not to belittle kc brains in any way, fine beans.

Bill
".,we're only made out of dust. ... I mean it's sort of a bad beginning, we're not doing too bad. ... You get me?" Phillip K. Dick

#4 the cultivator

the cultivator

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

cheers for the input chaps

reason i asked about the KC brains is because they are so cheap so i was thinking i could get lots for my money. not that i just want cheap seeds.

had a look at zen seeds the other day, thats the danish beans right?

brought from attitude before but they dont seem to stock them.

still interested in peoples opinions on KC brains best beans.

#5 _bud_boi_

_bud_boi_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

I have experienced the worst germ rates ever with kc brains this year.. was not happy.

I tried Mango and Northern lights special both terrible germ rates although NL were better.

I will however be trying them next year along with kc36.

BB

#6 the cultivator

the cultivator

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

thats interesting

i wonder if that was just bad luck or if others had similar problems?

#7 uBercaMeL

uBercaMeL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

The HFH stuff is on that zen site, not sure if it's the same folks behind it but they at least sell for them...
They work out roughly the same price as the kc's as far as I can see too :yep:
I'm guessing we'll see more seedbanks offering gg oriented stuff next year, so you might want to wait anyway? :unsure:
:guitar:

Give a man a bud and he'll have bud for the day... Show him how to grow his own, and he'll have bud for about a week..
First GG attempt @ 51°N - 2011 Cheese Kush in coco Cheese Kush pollen chuckin'

Sickmeds Bubble Goo F3 and Wonder Kush

9 Ropey Cuts

#8 the cultivator

the cultivator

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

yer they look good mate

19 euros for 13 seeds, not bad

yer i wont be buying them right now, ill wait and see how they do for others this year

#9 _bud_boi_

_bud_boi_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

thats interesting

i wonder if that was just bad luck or if others had similar problems?

Others had the same problems for sure mate, i posted up here about it and got various replies.

I think there was a bad batch or an old batch or something, because my germing process is faultless with other seedbanks, when i recieved the mangos, they were tiny dud looking seeds, i knew they were crap before i even popped them.

BB

#10 Marcos

Marcos

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3954 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

100% germination rate from my KC Mango's last year.

"Herb was meant for growing outside. Whats up with these hydro people, adding artificial chemicals to water and growing under miserable lights. What plants really need is positive energy and thats it. Thats the best tip for growing real fine natural collie .." Genesis 1:29-31

#11 jkhuk

jkhuk

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Me too,

100% kc33 some nice plants i had last year
this year im trying KC36 x with ugorgkillers,going well at the mo

cheap as chips but McCain oven chips :guitar:

JKH
GET SISU OUT

!!!!!GET SISU OUT!!!!!

SISU KILLING FOOTBALL SINCE 2007.

Native Americans "Fighting Terrorism since 1492"

#12 Mr_WigglesWorth

Mr_WigglesWorth

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

Check out ch9 female seeds.

From them I have grown outdoors Their female mix, Flower, California and vintage

all are good outdoors. Ive had no hermies. Great smoke and cheep seeds. Also medical seeds from attitude seed bank look good
Prior Preparation Plus Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!
Another year in a tunnel. Hang Five Seeds. Hopefully we get a summer.

#13 greenman*

greenman*

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

bump
any updates on the k.c selections
"Do not give up your authority and follow blindly the will of others. This way will lead to only delusion."
"Find out for yourself what is truth, what is real. Discover that there are virtuous things and there are non-virtuous things. Once you have discovered for yourself give up the bad and embrace the good."
- The Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users