• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TUNAFish

TUNAFish

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Sup, sorry if this is in the wrong place; didnt really know where to ask this. Long story short im 20 and have some heart problem, i have a operation coming up shortly 50/50 itll work; if not ill need a pacemaker put in. Wanting to find as much information on fellow smokers who have pacemakers. Bit worried about the whole thing really. I love the recreational and social aspect of smoking weed with friends and dont wish to stop any time soon but obviously health comes first. So yeah, anyone got any advice.

Cheers for reading, peace x

#2 Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Yeah, nice one

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Well that's a shit situation mate, try to stay positive, there's a 50% chance it will work so look on the bright side, try flipping a coin see how many times it lands on heads!

Can't relate to this in anyway but good luck fella and keep us posted on how it goes

:yinyang:

Gunner

#3 uknoob

uknoob

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Hi mate if your worried about smoking after your successful op :) you should look at buying a vapouriser and check some recipes out for making your own cakes. They would defo be better for the old ticker and alot more potent than smoking it imo

good luck bud

#4 THC4METOO

THC4METOO

Cptn 'Arfer Wingett

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7729 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

I know it's not the same but my mum had one put in a few years back and its been the best thing to happen to her in years. I'm sure tons of people with them smoke fags, so pure weed or vapes should be fine, if not you can always eat it.

Good luck with it fella :yep:
Putting people in prison for taking drugs is like breaking their legs for not wearing a seatbelt.

The hard on drugs, war on drugs approach has been discredited for a very long time and it's sort of pathetic to see old men still trying to re-live those primitive battles - Prof. David Nutt

#5 Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

good luck with that opp mate, my heart goes out to u
peace 2u

#6 fatmax62

fatmax62

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

hi had a 3xbypass + mitral valve replaced for a lump of tin 7 years ago anyways still fukin ere ntootin as usual Atbfm Fuked! :stoned:

#7 MedicHerbalist

MedicHerbalist

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

You do not say exactly what is wrong with your heart so it is difficult to respond properly. The fact that you may have to have a pacemaker suggests that your heart has regulation problems and arrhythmias. Cannabis can raise your heart rate but because you have arrhythmia does not necessarily mean this is a bad thing. If it was me (which I accept it isn't) I would not be too worried unless I had tachycardia (above 100 beats per min). I also think that the post that advised that you ingest rather than smoke may be smart. The THC delivery is smoother, and longer lasting. Any strain that there may be on your heart should therefore be lessened. Best of luck mate with operation. I hope it fixes you to the point you can still sit round in a circle with your mates and pass the spliff.
I can imagine what I cannot do, I cannot do what I cannot imagine, I cannot imagine what it is that I cannot imagine, Life sucks at times!

#8 TUNAFish

TUNAFish

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Cheers for the helpfull comments and kind words. I have Wolf Parkinson White Sydrome; 95% curable but im the 5% :/ damn. Meanins my heart beats irregularly and fast for no reason; once got upto 230 bpm when i did a test at the hospital; screen turned red and everything; about 9 docters were in the room aswell...well tbh the medication that i am now is shite so pacemaker seems to be the best option; bin taking these wank pills for 2-3 years now; sick to death of it.

#9 medden

medden

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

Very unfortunate about your heart condition espically for you to be so young. All I could recomend is that if you were to smoke try and do it with ultra thin papers or vape it something a little easier and less harsh. I also think that if you were to make butter or vegetable oil if would be alot easier on your body. Good luck stay positive.

#10 _Thicky_

_Thicky_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

My Mum is 86, is a bit frail now and has had two major heart attacks among other things. Since the last one about a year ago, she has been on a bunch of pills that didn't work very well. She had a pacemaker fitted today, it was a local anaesthetic and she is coming home tonight. We are expecting a great improvement in her health.

So if my Mum in her condition will be left much stronger, I would have thought it will be a doddle for you. :thumsup:

From what I understand, the pacemaker doesn't do anything, UNLESS your heart starts to beat irregularly and if and when it does, the pacemaker kicks in and restores the rhythm and steady beat

#11 TUNAFish

TUNAFish

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hi cheers for the helpfull info very much appretiated. yeah well these pills im on atm arent doing there job so as it stands a pacemaker seems the better option. Either wait years for tech to advance to hopefull get rid of this extra node or get a pacemaker; after being on pills for 3 years now; and them never working fully a pacemaker is the only option.

Cheers again, peace x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users