17 replies to this topic

#1 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

I was just wondering whether Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO)could be mixed with Danzig's cannabis cream?

Use of DMSO in medicine dates from around 1963, when a Oregon Health & Science University Medical School team, headed by Stanley Jacob, discovered it could penetrate the skin and other membranes without damaging them and could carry other compounds into a biological system. In medicine, DMSO is predominantly used as a topical analgesic, a vehicle for topical application of pharmaceuticals, as an anti-inflammatory, and an antioxidant. Because DMSO increases the rate of absorption of some compounds through organic tissues including skin, it can be used as a drug delivery system. It is frequently compounded with antifungal medications, enabling them to penetrate not just skin but also toe and fingernails.

I have heard of countless reports of individuals using DMSO with drugs that allow them to absorbed transdermally (through the skin) when they otherwise would not be able to be absorbed this way. So because when used correctly the drug is very safe, I was thinking that if it were mixed with cannabis you could potentially get a lot more 'bang for your buck', as it were, since the drug delivery would theoretically be a lot more efficient and you would need a lot less to achieve the same effect. So, would this work?

#2 groovelick

groovelick

under consideration

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8937 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:11 AM

The French are supposedly very big on using suppositories as a deliver system for medicine/drugs as it by-passes primary filtration by the liver over oral administration, whether its true or not couldn't tell you, suppose you would have to find if the actives are soluble in it.
Chiesel and Westernwinds Three Double Dutch and three free dinafems Currently Having a run at these Current Grow

If crime doesn't pay how come you never see a destitute Lawyer

"The Earth was made a common treasury for all!"

#3 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

An expert on rubber and suppositories? :g:

#4 groovelick

groovelick

under consideration

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8937 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

The only thing to have been there is when me finger went throu the toilet roll :ouch:
Chiesel and Westernwinds Three Double Dutch and three free dinafems Currently Having a run at these Current Grow

#5 meep7272

meep7272

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

I think DMSO is definitely a winner for transdermal dosing, since people used cannabis in poultices it sounds like it has a lot of potential to work.
But a few things will need looked at:-
Dermal damage
Accidental boosting of absorption of other medications.
Dosage ratio, how much DMSO with how much THC/other cannabinoids. Guess you could always do a soxlet run on some DMSO, until it reached full saturation with cannabinoids and THC. Then just trial and error with the saturated DMSO, until you find a good dosage.

Wouldn't mind having a play with this idea at a later date, as my back isn't happy with me at the minute.
The Cellar grow tips/tricks/ideas thread
Canna Butter & Shortbread with Mrs Meep
"The leaves are weak" "the leaves are weak?" "The fuckin leaves are weak?!" "you're weak."

#6 iky

iky

Full Flower

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

The only thing to have been there is when me finger went throu the toilet roll :ouch:

NOT FUNNY- on a med post-try the jokes thread

#7 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37820 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Interesting, as I know Cannabis has good rep as a topical.

Must be worth a try. I know that Ibuprofen works way better when used topically. Almost like a different drug, really. If I swallow it all that happens is black shit the next day. But rub my hands with it, and they are released from their usual arthritic stiffness and pain for a good three hours.

Which is nice.

#8 iky

iky

Full Flower

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

have no knowledge of this..been reading about it on wikpedia-bit too much for me

as a solvent would it also be an extractant for canabinoids ???.

have to give this a try for a cannabis rubbing solution ..see if it helps my rheumatoid arthritis (and others) tried most things//used
to thrash my hands with nettles just to give me a different pain//,I am having some success with diet at the moment will start a thread on it soon .may help others

this dmso looks very interesting and worthy of some experimentation.

good post mate..thanks..

#9 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

:doh:

Soz folks. :blushing: Groovelick and I were having fun in another topic and, because of me, it spilled on over to here. :doh:

#10 Jimboo

Jimboo

Pretty Vacant

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6064 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

have no knowledge of this..been reading about it on wikpedia-bit too much for me

as a solvent would it also be an extractant for canabinoids ???.

have to give this a try for a cannabis rubbing solution ..see if it helps my rheumatoid arthritis (and others) tried most things//used
to thrash my hands with nettles just to give me a different pain//,I am having some success with diet at the moment will start a thread on it soon .may help others

this dmso looks very interesting and worthy of some experimentation.

good post mate..thanks..

Funny you should say that about the nettles mate,I was reading about that the other day and the fact that eating nettles or nettle tea might have the same long term benifits

#11 Jimboo

Jimboo

Pretty Vacant

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6064 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

heres the link IKY. and the piece

.hXXp://www.organicnutrition.co.uk/articles/arthritis.htm

Stinging Nettles have been used for thousands of years!
Nature provides us with many plants that will aid in the relieving of joint pain. The most radical and perhaps the most daunting is Stinging Nettles. It is called urtication - from nettles botanical name, Utrica dioica- and dates back to the biblical times. Quiet simply the plant is grasped in a gloved hand and the stiff, swollen joint is swatted, thrashed with the sting. Urtication often provides considerable relief. The tiny stingers of the nettle plant actually provide microinjections of several chemicals, one of which is histamine.

The theory is, these chemicals, as well as causing the sting, trigger anti-inflammatory action by the body and so relieve arthritis. This is an ancient folklore, that seems to work for many people all over the world. Nettles grow in may countries and in each stinging nettles has developed a reputation as a treatment for arthritis. For the less adventurous of us, a fresh nettle tea or eating nettles will offer the same long term benefits. Gently steam the young tender leaves, and enjoy as a vegetable. They do lose the stinging effect when cooked!

#12 iky

iky

Full Flower

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

nice one jimbo just found this

http://www.teabenefi...a-benefits.html

#13 Jimboo

Jimboo

Pretty Vacant

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6064 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

nice one jimbo just found this

http://www.teabenefi...a-benefits.html

Nice link mate I feed it to my plants

#14 groovelick

groovelick

under consideration

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8937 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

I apologise as well was a bit giddy last night, and a bit tactless sorry for any offence caused

#15 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

^ it's okay mate, I don't mind.

I'd like to try the DMSO but can't think where I could possibly find some without much difficulty.

jimbo, have you tried glucosamine sulphate and chondroitin? Or taking fish oils for long periods?

Edited by Artificial Emotion, 31 May 2011 - 10:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users