News with a bud

• UK420 News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42288 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hi

Cannabis: Anti-legalisation

Duration: 05:03

Three perspectives offering views on why cannabis should not be legalised. The central arguments are: cannabis funds crime, cannabis is too dangerous to legalise, cannabis is not a gateway drug, and cannabis ruins lives. Three experts offer arguments against legalisation: DCI Michael Branston, the police officer who experiences first-hand the criminal effects of smoking cannabis. Chavi Suffri, Drugsline worker, believes legalisation would send the wrong message to young people about what is in reality a truly dangerous drug. Lee Haughton, drug charity worker in Liverpool, has a very personal view of the role cannabis played in ruining his life.
Subject: Citizenship and Modern Studies Topic: Crime and The Criminal Justice System
Keywords: drugs, smoke, weed, high, criminalise, debate, legal, freedom, addiction, tobacco, gateway drug, danger, blow, psychosis, Secondary Citizenship

BBC Video CLIP 6373

Bongme
UK420 Fetching News For Stoners in the UK. While Am Weedin Me Garden. it takes 3 p`s to make a good gardener, Patients practise & Perseverance.

#2 _weedmonsta_

_weedmonsta_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

i dont think ill bother watching it....... i know ill end up swearing at my pc screen lol

#3 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7469 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

Three experts offer arguments against legalisation: DCI Michael Branston, the police officer who experiences first-hand the criminal effects of smoking cannabis.

whats a criminal effect.?..leaving the bad English aside.

i'd say thats because its illegal..

Chavi Suffri, Drugsline worker, believes legalisation would send the wrong message to young people about what is in reality a truly dangerous drug.

as proven in science, cannabis is safer/less toxic than potatoes.

Lee Haughton, drug charity worker in Liverpool, has a very personal view of the role cannabis played in ruining his life.

i think he means his family..and their addiction to hard drugs.

Generational devastation
To be free from the shackles of addiction is an amazing relief for me and the world around me. The twelve step programme of recovery has empowered me to live a life of excitement, joy and peace that no amount of alcohol and drugs could have ever given me.
And what’s more, this programme is absolutely free.
My upbringing was in a chaotic and often violent environment that was fueled by drink and drugs. I was soon to adopt the same behaviors and addiction gripped my life and destroyed everything in it.
I found the twelve step programme and stopped the generational devastation that has crippled my family. My mother who had addiction problems saw me find a way out. She saw hope and got herself the help she needed through a twelve step treatment centre.
My Nan, who has seen my granddad die as a result of alcohol dependency, can now rest knowing that her daughter and grandson are free and alive. No more must she spend endless nights worrying and crying herself to sleep. She looks ten years younger and can now relax and enjoy the rest of her life.

Lee Haughton – Keyworker, Park View, Liverpool

cannabis helps people with hard drug problems.

its proven time and time again to be a great exit drug and could/can saved hundreds, thousands of lives if it use was not prohibited

link - Cannabis shown to reduce invasiveness of cancer - National Cancer Institute

The lethal dose ratio (LD-50) for cannabis is estimated to be around 1:20,000 to 1:40,000 which means you have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in one cannabis joint to induce death. This means you would have to consume something like 1,500 lbs in 15 minutes to induce a lethal response. There are no known fatalities from the substance and it is considered non- toxic...

...''First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
Mahatma Ghandi

#4 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55703 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

DCI Michael Branston, the police officer who experiences first-hand the criminal effects of smoking cannabis. Chavi Suffri, Drugsline worker, believes legalisation would send the wrong message to young people about what is in reality a truly dangerous drug. Lee Haughton, drug charity worker in Liverpool, has a very personal view of the role cannabis played in ruining his life.

Three people who's incomes depend on prohibition. No ulterior motives there, then.

Edited by Boojum, 22 May 2011 - 11:23 PM.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#5 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55703 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

Tune in tomorrow for a video explaining why peace is a bad thing made by two experts - an arms manufacturer and a mercenary.

Edited by Boojum, 22 May 2011 - 11:30 PM.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#6 Arbuscule

Arbuscule

Ook :>

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10284 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

:offtopic: sorry, but...

She saw hope and got herself the help she needed through a twelve step treatment centre.

wtf is it with 12 step programmes ? Soz if this's off-topic but that just puzzles me every time :spliff: 12. Why exactly 12 and how come these progs are touted like they're magic :magic: or something ?

(uh, apologies to anyone who's been helped by these progs, just puzzled)
'the mighty snake on which he sat began to hum fearfully at me as if it wanted to eat or swallow me' Amos Tutuola The Wild Hunter in the Bush of the Ghosts

eni, eji, eta, erin, arun

#7 Eddiesilence

Eddiesilence

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10792 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

:offtopic: sorry, but...

She saw hope and got herself the help she needed through a twelve step treatment centre.

wtf is it with 12 step programmes ? Soz if this's off-topic but that just puzzles me every time :spliff: 12. Why exactly 12 and how come these progs are touted like they're magic :magic: or something ?

(uh, apologies to anyone who's been helped by these progs, just puzzled)

A 12-step is a peculiar cultic grouping that has gained undue credibility thanks to AA and NA. At best they're benign, but some 12-steps are more abusive than others. At their core, each one subsumes the participant beneath the power of God AND the rules of the 12-step programme. Thus the underpinning of every 12-step scheme is an article of faith and total surrender to the ideology of the group. Once uniformity is achieved, dissidents can be justifiably manipulated, silenced or expelled.

#8 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55703 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

Twelve step 'treatments' are all based on the same principle, and that principle (when examined properly) is the principle of the evangelical cult. AA was the first of such cults, and forms the blueprint of all other 12 step cults (such as Narcotics Anonymous). They have little to do with treatment, and have more in common with Scientology (and their own 'drug treatment' brainwashing program, Narconon).

E2A Eddie beat me to it. I've had experience of AA, but he knows far more about this kind of thing than I do.

Edited by Boojum, 22 May 2011 - 11:52 PM.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#9 redbeard

redbeard

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2120 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

"Three perspectives offering views on why cannabis should not be legalised"

this says it all about the BBC really about the BBCs one sided biased reporting and i cant hear anyone saying why
prison helps a cannabis smoker?

#10 Macca

Macca

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

Cannabis: Pro Legalisation

Cannabis: Pro-legalisation
Duration: 04:09
Three perspectives offering views on why cannabis should be legalised. The four central arguments are: criminalising doesn't work; cannabis is too dangerous not to legalise; tobacco and alcohol are legal - why not cannabis?; cannabis is not a gateway drug. Three experts offer arguments in favour of legalisation: Danny Kushlik, drug policy campaigner, believes that the only way to control drug use is to legalise it; cChief Superintendent Paul Pearce is the policeman who believes drugs must be legalised if crime figures are to ever come down; Zerrin Atakan, senior lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry and expert on the effects of cannabis on the brain. She argues that without legalisation users will never know the true contents and possible effects of what they're smoking; Sophia, a young woman who suffered psychotic episodes in her youth after smoking cannabis, travels to talk to Zerrin about the effects of cannabis on the brain.

There's some common sense in the pro argument, but even the pro-legalisation vid is a bunch of scaremongering psychosis bullshit aimed at prevention of use not safe use!
"No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear" - Edmund Burke

#11 Myrden

Myrden

Full Flower

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1104 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

i cant hear anyone saying why
prison helps a cannabis smoker?

From what I hear, it's easier to score weed in the nick than it is out here.

#12 dingo bingo

dingo bingo

Forever learning....

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1411 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

Congratulations to the BBC for their continued services of impartial and unbiased reporting!

:wallbash:
"The greatest harm caused by cannabis, is a criminal record." Prof. David Nutt

#13 celticherbalist

celticherbalist

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

:censored: Words fail me.
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains" Jean Jacque Rousseau (1712-1778)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users