• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Split the atom

Split the atom

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

For those that are from Britain, it's always interesting to have a look through the BNF as it tells you the price, risks and reactions and which pharmaceutical company makes it.
This is what doctors use before prescribing you a drug and it's quite useful to arm yourself with the knowledge that they have.

It's free to sign up and is well worth doing so especially when you're suffering with lifelong pain.
It's helped me quite a bit in my understanding of certain medications and helped me to back my arguments in regards to treatment.

#2 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

For those that are from Britain, it's always interesting to have a look through the BNF as it tells you the price, risks and reactions and which pharmaceutical company makes it.
This is what doctors use before prescribing you a drug and it's quite useful to arm yourself with the knowledge that they have.

It's free to sign up and is well worth doing so especially when you're suffering with lifelong pain.
It's helped me quite a bit in my understanding of certain medications and helped me to back my arguments in regards to treatment.

Hiya mate. I studied pharmacy myself for a couple of years before changing course and we used to use them quite a lot. They're very handy and make good reading whilst on the loo.

However, the prescribing guidelines make a much better read, as they are much less like a catalogue of drugs and tell you how the doctors are supposed to use the drugs. For example, it tells you what the general protocol for treating treatment resistant depression is and what drugs are used as second or third line treatments. It's simple enough for most people with half a brain to be able to understand well enough and if you're interested in pharmacology is a good read. I got given a copy a few years ago but it's probably out of date, even if a lot of the information and data is still relevant today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users