Here we are once again. As I've already finished my first grow diary with autoflowering strains I'm starting another one with SAD Auto and Speed Devil (#1 and #2). As the goal of this grow is a bit different, maybe the diary will not be so interesting to you, but well, in the end of this post I leave you the info about the goals so you can get an idea, hehehehe, because if you know the goals it will be a bit interesting, obviously.
- Closet: Homebox XS (60cm x 60cm x 120cm / 2ft x 2ft x 4ft)
- Ventilation: Extractor RVK 100 A1 (160m3/h) and 2 Sunon (one blowing air against the lamp and the other against the plants)
- Light: 36wCFL for the first 8 days, HPS70w from day 8 to day 20 and HPS400w from day 20 to harvest
- Containers: 4 pots of 200ml for the first 8 days, 4 pots of 3 litres from day 8 to day 20 and 2 pots of 18 litres + 2 pots of 11 litres for flowering (from day 21 to harvest)
- Soil: For vegetative Canna Professional and for flowering Canna Professional Plus
- Ferts: GuanoKalong Liquid Guano, Canna BioVega, Canna BioFlores and Canna BioBoost
- Against plagues: Neem as preventive and Rotenona to fight them, if needed
- 18h - 24h: 1 Speed Devil #2 sprouted
- 24h - 36h: 1 Speed Devil #2 and 1 SAD Auto sprouted
- 36h - 48h: All sprouted > 2 SAD Auto, 1 Speed Devil #1 and 1 Speed Devil #2
- 1 - Manage to get a good SAD Auto and a good Speed Devil #2 to make fotos of plants with an even better production than what I'm used to get with 7 litre pots. Less plants but more productive. The total final production will obviously be inferior... but superior in terms of production per plant;
- 2 - Compare the production of an autoflowering grown with 10 litres of soil with the production of a plant of the same variety grown with the same grow parameters but with 15 litres of soil. This will be done with the two SAD Auto, with which I expect to obtain 2 homogenous plants (which is not always easy when growing from seed) being the production of the 2 plants the only difference;
- 3 - Compare the genetics of Speed Devil #1 with the genetics from Speed Devil #2. One will be flowered with 10 litres of soil and the other with 15 litres but I guess we will see some differences;
- 4 - Observe if with a 70wHPS lamp very close to the plants in the vegetative phase the plants stay shorter than in my previous grow and see how this will (or will not) influence the final production.
Once the seeds are in the soil I will leave the plants with a friend for a week, so next update will only be at day 8 or something like that. After that I will update every 5 days or even more often than that.
So, that's it for today, hope you enjoy this diary and the other I'm starting right now with the Snow Fruit micro scrog
Keep it high, sweet regards,