• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Snowman

Snowman

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

I'm reading up on the kc site and was wondering if anyone can comment on the smoke / taste / quality of ...

KC 33
"The buds are compact and have a lemon-fresh taste and produce double T.H.C"

LEDA UNO
"The parents of this strain are KC 33® and a secret Brazilian female...A superior plant with lemon characteristics."

KC 36
"short stocky plant that produces giant buds and is very productive. A true THC bomb."

any comments on the lemon taste, i know a few people have done KC36, whats the taste like?

#2 the ferret

the ferret

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

never tasted leda uno. the best smoke out of the kc 36 or the kc 33 is the 33 no doubt about that.i found the 36 to be a milder smoke than what i thought on the same lines as chronic if you have ever tasted it.the best plant out of the two to grow is the kc 36 great plant short and stocky and can give great yeilds best plant i have with huge buds top kolas on my mate outdoors two years back were like two litre pop bottles and the plant was only about 3 and a half foot high he had 8 oz dry weight off it giving no no feed or looking after. the kc 33 if grown outdoor tends to grow very tall and needs to be topped a few times though out the season because they tend to snap in the wind.kc brains tnr is the strongest i have ever smoked the the kc brains range grows very tall outdoors finished at my lat 51 round about the 3 week of october but had to chop early due to the weather great againt mold though.

#3 Bigbub

Bigbub

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

Out of the three I have only smoked kc33 , wasn't particularly impressed very mild daytime smoke depending on your tolerance levels

#4 _Nunsacred_

_Nunsacred_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

Well, no one has mentioned flavour...I haven't grown it so I dunno but I'm guessing its unremarkable. :wassnnme:

9 times out of 10 when someone says a bud is "lemony", it turns out to be bland (and weak).
Also when people say a bud smells of "cat piss", right, it's usually really nice, which either means that I secretly love the smell of cat piss or everyone secretly loves the smell of cat piss. You'd have thought it would've been exploited by now, and we'd have force-drunk cats rigged up in bridles with piss dispensing glassware, so its probably me, and maybe it's just me who should do that.

Just read the "UK outdoor strains" thread at the top of the "outdoor growing" bit of uk420. I'm sure KC36 is in there, and people are meant to describe flavour in there.

#5 the ferret

the ferret

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

cant discribe the flavour as it was still a little bit damp when i smoked it i havent seen any thc reports on the plant. but its very mild smoke. nearly all kc brains strains of plants were bred for mainly outdoor growing

#6 Snowman

Snowman

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

if you could choose only 1 out of KC 33, KC 36 AND MANGO, which would you go for ???

#7 farmer boy

farmer boy

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7426 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

if you could choose only 1 out of KC 33, KC 36 AND MANGO, which would you go for ???

for ease of growing - kc36
for smokeing - kc mango
in an ideal world a cross of the 2

peace out farmer boy
get a bigger hammer!

#8 kushmonster

kushmonster

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

i grew kc 33 many years back and it was really nothing special but to be fair, it was a time when my GGing was far less labour intensive and basic. Don't get me wrong, basic is best for some locations, but they are the rare gems that we all search for... I'm sure that if i did this strain again, it would have an altogether different outcome...
Life after the old Overgrow.net

#9 _JAKEL_

_JAKEL_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

I've got the KC36 and the Mango in my strain list this year. Did read alot of good reviews on them both and since the regular seeds are so cheap it seemed rude not too :wassnnme:

#10 resinous palms

resinous palms

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4006 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Well, no one has mentioned flavour...I haven't grown it so I dunno but I'm guessing its unremarkable. :wassnnme:

9 times out of 10 when someone says a bud is "lemony", it turns out to be bland (and weak).
Also when people say a bud smells of "cat piss", right, it's usually really nice, which either means that I secretly love the smell of cat piss or everyone secretly loves the smell of cat piss. You'd have thought it would've been exploited by now, and we'd have force-drunk cats rigged up in bridles with piss dispensing glassware, so its probably me, and maybe it's just me who should do that.

Just read the "UK outdoor strains" thread at the top of the "outdoor growing" bit of uk420. I'm sure KC36 is in there, and people are meant to describe flavour in there.

rigging up pissed cats? :rofl: you must of seen that on southpark
Don't panic... It's organic

#11 Loam Gnome

Loam Gnome

The Gnome made me do it honest guv..

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4108 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

We really enjoyed KC36. The pink pistil pheno's smelled like mangoes and smoked fruitilly too. Mixed body and head stone 'tantric bliss'... More sativa pheno was a bit bland but only 1 in 10 occurrence. Was a strong high, very relaxed and creative and no paranoia. ;)
Botanical battles fought on brambled banks. Guerilla strategies versus brawn and tanks.Feral farming a peaceful plant for the people.Herbal libertarians denying the label of evil.From soil to the psychoactive changing of minds.Medicine and consciousness from natures source.From secret seed to the sacred and sublime.A power to the people against government force.Growers in the shadows using tactics of light.Evasion and fertility are our arms for the fight.Proliferate, cultivate, guerilla growers take flight.....
Gnome Man's Land 2011 GG Diary
Gnomageddon 2012!
Gnomad Gardens 2013

#12 monkeygrower

monkeygrower

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

Hi as these are nice few posts here of kc36 and mango i like a quick question, anyone experiened growing these what was your male,female ratio from the kc36 or mango? what about germation ratio aswel i would be very interested ? ? ? . . . .

Thanks uk420 . . . . . . . .

#13 the ferret

the ferret

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

germ rate always 10 out of 10. thats with the kc 36 female ratio 50 50 you cant predict but i have had seven females out of a ten pack

#14 Marcos

Marcos

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3954 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

100% germination from a pack of KC Mango with 7 showing as female too .. :)

"Herb was meant for growing outside. Whats up with these hydro people, adding artificial chemicals to water and growing under miserable lights. What plants really need is positive energy and thats it. Thats the best tip for growing real fine natural collie .." Genesis 1:29-31

#15 monkeygrower

monkeygrower

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi really mate that isn't to bad to be honest, yep i agree, also how long did these plants show male flowers, just wondered because as these are fairly small in height, do they stay short and stocky at the start? if so i could pregrow for longer before i transplant and hopefully males flowers show ? ? ordering kc36 and mango this week . . . . . . . . . . :)

Edited by monkeygrower, 20 March 2011 - 08:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users