Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Else Here Dont Like The Taste Of Cannabutter?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cypher79

cypher79

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

So i guess im the only person on here who doesnt like the taste of cannabutter then?

Not actually eating it raw of course but everytime i make cookies or whatever with it, i always dislike the taste, its like they taste far too rich and sickly? And this is coming from someone with a big sweet tooth, usually i go nutty over sweet stuff!

I made some cookies and flapjacks a few weeks ago and ended up throwing the flapjacks away cos i couldnt stand the taste, and the cookies are still here but i can even bare to look at them......I gave some to a few mates and they both said they same thing, that they didnt like the taste too...

Anyone else agree? Or am i just doing something wrong here?

#2 ska

ska

Over grow the government

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Wow i thought i was the only one, I HATE the taste of canna butter even the smell makes me hurl, well almost hurl. :yuck:
When i cook with it i have to make something with a strong tasted otherwise it makes me sick! a few times i made some amazing brownies but the smell of the butter was so overpowering that i gave them all to my mates, actually one mate whitied.

I made a carrot cake last night with canna butter and it was ok just had some and its good, its got loads of cinnamon and nutmeg which seems to kill the tasted of canna butter.

Ive read loads of people saying they have it on toast but ooooo i couldnt :bad:

e2a: I find a far better use of my trimmings is to make hash from them, then put some of that straight in to food or smoke it.
:skin_up:

Edited by 0ska0, 09 March 2011 - 10:17 AM.

Spain Lat 37 Mountain GG a year round project 2014 - ? :yinyang:

Cryptocurrency, be part of the change.

#3 L S Diesel

L S Diesel

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2451 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

Definitely a Marmite thing.

Mrs Diesel licks her finger and dunks it in vape poo when she has the munchies. :rolleyes:

LSD

#4 cypher79

cypher79

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

Wow i thought i was the only one, I HATE the taste of canna butter even the smell makes me hurl, well almost hurl. :yuck:
When i cook with it i have to make something with a strong tasted otherwise it makes me sick! a few times i made some amazing brownies but the smell of the butter was so overpowering that i gave them all to my mates, actually one mate whitied.

I made a carrot cake last night with canna butter and it was ok just had some and its good, its got loads of cinnamon and nutmeg which seems to kill the tasted of canna butter.

Ive read loads of people saying they have it on toast but ooooo i couldnt :bad:

e2a: I find a far better use of my trimmings is to make hash from them, then put some of that straight in to food or smoke it.
:skin_up:

good to see im not the only one then!

next time i'll have to try what you did and add other strong ingredients to over power the taste of the cannabutter!

#5 darklight1990

darklight1990

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Personally, I think it tastes amazing :king:

Every sweet thing I've tried I have felt that the flavour's enhanced by hash; I've never used weed for cooking so I couldn't comment!

#6 compostverte

compostverte

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13993 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

I find ginger goes well with cannabis - though I've never actually made butter - just grind up bud and make biscuits - or sometimes it ends up as granola.

I actually like the taste of bud heated in oil and added to soya milk with sugar added ...

#7 Pesh

Pesh

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Definitely a Marmite thing.

Mrs Diesel licks her finger and dunks it in vape poo when she has the munchies. :rolleyes:

LSD

Really?! :puke: Sorry.

I'm still undecided on the taste thing, i tried vaped poo in milk but the taste outweighed the effect in my case. But finely ground bud in brownies..... :wub:

#8 sikovdeelas

sikovdeelas

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

I agree buddy its horrible but its like taking your medicine init Necessary :stoned:

#9 sikovdeelas

sikovdeelas

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Yor right mate I put it in curry.

#10 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38011 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

Have you tried taking it in chocolate, i make branflake cakes with loads of dark chocky with blueberries in it with about between 3/4-1 gram of bud per cake, it stinks to high heaven though so an air tight container in the fridge is a must

Ed sp

Edited by ratdog, 26 March 2011 - 05:45 PM.

My bolt hole

Got a letter the government the other day, open and read it, it said they were suckers

#11 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56211 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

I find ginger goes well with cannabis

:yep:

I've made choc chip cookies with cannabutter a few times and to be honest I had to force them down, two big gob fulls washed down with a soft drink, tasted rank. But I've had choc chip cookies made by other people that have been nice (maybe I'm just a shit cook), and I've had ginger canna biscuits that have been absolutely lovely, I'd have happily eaten them even if they weren't gonna get me stoned (and they were WAY stronger than the cookies I made, velvet sledgehammer jobs). Could taste the herb, but the ginger went with it and turned it into a really nice flavour. Next time you cook with cannabutter, give ginger biscuits a go.

Edited by Boojum, 26 March 2011 - 06:02 PM.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#12 sikovdeelas

sikovdeelas

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

Seriously if you put a few grams in , well i prefer Madras, but any curry will do it, you cant smell anything but the curry and it not only tastes nice but it gets you fookin hammered :stoned: Engerland Engerland :guitar:

#13 _Zeah_

_Zeah_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

Seriously if you put a few grams in , well i prefer Madras, but any curry will do it, you cant smell anything but the curry and it not only tastes nice but it gets you fookin hammered :stoned: Engerland Engerland :guitar:

I've wondered if it would taste better in savoury dishes, haven't been in that a hurry to try tho, ate it once in a cookie and couldn't move
for 5 hours lol

#14 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38011 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

I've wondered if it would taste better in savoury dishes, haven't been in that a hurry to try tho, ate it once in a cookie and couldn't move
for 5 hours lol

lol You do really have to know your limits, when trying a new strain i only use 1/2 a gram max, otherwise it`s lights out lol

My bolt hole

Got a letter the government the other day, open and read it, it said they were suckers

#15 cypher79

cypher79

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

Actually ive started to think that the THC content of the butter was probably too high and that might have affected the taste somewhat

I didnt think it would be very strong as i only used vape leftovers

But half a cookie got me proper annihilated :rofl:

and that was when i actually managed to get half a cookie down without me spewing up.....

i'll try the ginger biccies next time, and probably put less vape remains in :wassnnme:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users