• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 high flyer

high flyer

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

hellow people im a new grower and dont have a f***ing clue so bear with me hear, i no there is loads ov threads on here about auto pots and coco but im get'n realy confused about this ph and tha ph level this ec reading ect and all types of different nutes and different coco meium, so here goes can any 1 give me some basic info on what coco medium to use ph level ec level what nutes to use and how to feed from seed, veg, flower ect im geting the big auto pots with the 47l tank, i wont to use 4 maybe 6 pots to start with so any info ur advice to get up an runing would be great cheers for stoping by

#2 born2toke

born2toke

every days a school day!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hello mate and welcome to dealer free weed, autopots are very easy and really good to use as is coco.

IMHO canna coco was always what i used i also add 30% perlite to my coco you will also need airstones in the bottom of your pots but dont switch them on till your turn res on about 2 weeks into veg from clone about 3 weeks from seed.

Nutrients - i found hesi easy to use and better than canna with hesi i found my ph was alot more stable although ive been using plant magic nutes for hydro and there amazing so far so i should imagine there coco nutes are the same.

Ph for coco is 5.8

ec ya start low and work your way up but also remember to add your base ec which is what your norm tap water is on its own without nutes. mine about 0.4 so if i was giving nutes to a 2 week old plant it would be on an ec of around 0.4-0.6 but seeing as my tapwater is 0.4 i would add another 0.4 of nutrients which would make 0.8

what else you wanna need to no

Home made wilma system

time to grow some sweets

PEACE AND LOVE

They laugh because im different, i laugh because they're all the same.

#3 why

why

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

if you use hesi coco you will not have to bother with your ec reading as with hesi it is pretty much bang on if you follow the guide

put a ltr of pebbles in the bottom of each pot then fill to the top with canna coco pro

fill your res with water and leave to stand for atleast 24hrs then add your hesi coco, set the ph to 5.8 & leave for another couple of hours. test the ph again and set back to 5.8 if needed. turn the tap on and repeat the process when your tank is empty. easy

im doing a diary at the moment trying to demonstrate how easy it is to grow in the autopot.

it is turning into a very informative diary with a lot of members giving some good advice

maybe you should pop your head in from time to time to pick up some basic info

good luck

why

p.s the best tip i can give is it is vital you put an airstone in your res and leave it runing 24/7 for better results

Edited by why, 20 January 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#4 Funk_247

Funk_247

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

p.s the best tip i can give is it is vital you put an airstone in your res and leave it runing 24/7 for better results

It'll keep your reservoir oxygenated and the agitation will help prevent algae growing in the water.

I used autopots on my last grow when I was on holiday and as everyone else says they really are a piece of piss.

Fill reservoir
add nutes
PH
ensure reservoir is raised above height of pots since the system is gravity driven.
give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
refill tank as needed.
enjoy fruits of labours.

I don't think I missed anything there. Good luck mate!

#5 stigz

stigz

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

Can you recommend an airstone/ pump set up that will do the job for a 100ltr res?

You might want to get a water heater for the res aswell mate, heard that makes a difference

#6 why

why

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Can you recommend an airstone/ pump set up that will do the job for a 100ltr res?

You might want to get a water heater for the res aswell mate, heard that makes a difference

check my diary out. link at the bottom of this reply. post 58 i think :( theres a photo of the pump & airstone i use in a 100ltr res

hope it helps

why

#7 high flyer

high flyer

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

if you use hesi coco you will not have to bother with your ec reading as with hesi it is pretty much bang on if you follow the guide

put a ltr of pebbles in the bottom of each pot then fill to the top with canna coco pro

fill your res with water and leave to stand for atleast 24hrs then add your hesi coco, set the ph to 5.8 & leave for another couple of hours. test the ph again and set back to 5.8 if needed. turn the tap on and repeat the process when your tank is empty. easy

im doing a diary at the moment trying to demonstrate how easy it is to grow in the autopot.

it is turning into a very informative diary with a lot of members giving some good advice

good luck

why

alright mate when u mean an air stone wha is all that about and what will i need and were will i get it im in the uk

#8 high flyer

high flyer

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

cheers for the info people

#9 high flyer

high flyer

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

Hello mate and welcome to dealer free weed, autopots are very easy and really good to use as is coco.

IMHO canna coco was always what i used i also add 30% perlite to my coco you will also need airstones in the bottom of your pots but dont switch them on till your turn res on about 2 weeks into veg from clone about 3 weeks from seed.

Nutrients - i found hesi easy to use and better than canna with hesi i found my ph was alot more stable although ive been using plant magic nutes for hydro and there amazing so far so i should imagine there coco nutes are the same.

Ph for coco is 5.8

ec ya start low and work your way up but also remember to add your base ec which is what your norm tap water is on its own without nutes. mine about 0.4 so if i was giving nutes to a 2 week old plant it would be on an ec of around 0.4-0.6 but seeing as my tapwater is 0.4 i would add another 0.4 of nutrients which would make 0.8

what else you wanna need to no

what seed bank would u advice me to go to and strains im after a good yeild i have about 4ft in height in cheers fella

#10 high flyer

high flyer

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

good luck

why

i see in your grow diary you use hammerhead i no its a nuetrient what do u use that for in what cycle stage and how much

#11 why

why

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

i use hesi coco in veg & flower

the hammerhead i use in flower (12/12) only along with hesi coco. 200ml of hammerhead & 500ml hesi coco to a 100ltr res

why

#12 high flyer

high flyer

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

the hammerhead i use in flower (12/12) only along with hesi coco. 200ml of hammerhead & 500ml hesi coco to a 100ltr res

why

what do u me by 12/12 mate cheers

#13 high flyer

high flyer

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

why

i see in ur diary u mention topping what is all that about do u mind explaining

#14 mygarden

mygarden

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Not being funny but you really need to do some reading on the subject. 12/12 is the 12 hours light/12hours dark cycle which makes the plants flower. The dark period has to be totally dark or you'll get hermies.
Topping is a training method where you pinch the growing tops out during the veg stage to make side branches grow = more bud sites.

If this is your first grow it may be wiser to grow in coco and hand water. That way you'll get a feel for the plants and if you're happy with the results try autopots next time. Setting up a first time grow isn't cheap. Keep it simple till you know what you're doing. It's been said before that there is no right way of doing it. What works for someone else may not work for you - or your set up and plant strain.

I know it's a lot of pages but read the coco thread, and Owderbs coco diaries. All the info you need is there. If you blindly follow someone elses method without understanding the basics it may not work.

#15 turntable

turntable

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but didn't want to make more clutter.

I'm trying to use coco an autopots also. Ive got the 15l version, about 5cm perlite bottom, filled rest with coco to about 7cm from the top. I grow autoflowers the reason for not having it filled to the brim. My first try ended abruptly because it turned out male. It was about 12 days old. When dumping the pot out, I looked at the mat from inside the pot, and the roots were already grown down to it, and spreading on it. The res was not turned on at all. I was watering to waste each day with light solution.

Question is, next time, should I have the res turned on from the get go? So there is already a 'pool' for the roots to hit, a la hempy style?

Thanks for any help, this seems to be the place most enthusiastic about autopots. If there's any where to get a straight answer, I'm sure it's here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users