- - - - -

Scroging.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _quitdatjibbajabba_

_quitdatjibbajabba_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:56 PM

As above, how do you position your plants for efficent net filling?

Just been looking at randalizer's diary and his are in lines of 5 because that's how his grow space is set out, what would be best the position in a 1.2m sq room with 4 in?

#2 Jiffa

Jiffa

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4149 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

imagine 2 lines going thro your tent splitting it into 4 . then put one plant in the middle of each of the 4 squares :spliff:

#3 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

From my experience it doesn't seem to matter much, so I set the plants in positions that make it easy for feeding and trimming accessibility. My Diary the Seven reflects my latest attempts at ergonomic planning in this regard.

#4 Flickthebean

Flickthebean

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

i`ve never "scrogged" before, but wouldn`t it matter more where the plant went through the screen, rather than where the pot was?

Flick
He who hunts for flowers will finds flowers; and he who loves weed will find weed.
~Henry Ward Beecher
T=50+[(N-40)/4]
Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.

#5 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

i`ve never "scrogged" before, but wouldn`t it matter more where the plant went through the screen, rather than where the pot was?

Very generally speaking one only puts the screen under the light and the entire screen is filled. So placing the pot anywhere under the screen is okay, in this scenario, since you have to train the branches anyway. I use to think, very briefly, that placement for optimum branch training was important. But I have since discovered that ergonomics is far more critical. It's a pain getting under the screen to work (feeding and trimming) so placing the buckets in a way to help these issues is desirable.

Training branches though is a piece of piss. lol

#6 SilC

SilC

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7794 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

^ so nearer to the door!
gonna scrog the next grow meself, just 2 plants in a 1m squared, lst'ing them at present
'' Yes mam ,no mam , mam if you please . For t'was up the ducks arse I shoved the green peas ''

#7 Superstealth

Superstealth

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

Due to height restrictions I have to use a scrog, I personally dont top my plants when I scrog and like to use low numbers so would use 2 in a one meter tent I put the left one at the back and then train the main stem towards the front, on the right I would then place the plant at the front and train towards the back. I find that I then normally get one fat main cola and lots of smaller ones , when I have had a topped plant and non topped in a scrog they tend to look the same except you dont get the larger than normal main cola. The downside to this is I have to veg longer.

If doing 4 I would look to give each plant a quarter of the screen, ideally placing the plant in the center with the branchs going off to each corner of its allocated square

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users