• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

Right guys i am need of some major assisstance!!! All of a sudden (lucky i was in the room!) my extraction fan stopped working and my tent nearly blew up with only the intake fan working! So i quickly turned everything off, checked primair by turning it back on and i only had control over intake and extraction fan would not even start up so i thought that the fan had blown!!!! So i just finished unwiring the ext fan from the primair and wired a plug on to the end of it to see if it is the fan........plugged it on and it works fine????? So the problem must lay in the primair? I have the normal primair from greens not the digital one and not had any problems untill now, its only about a year old. Any one know what the problem could be? I know i can see two fuses in the primair but not sure how to go about fixing the problem. :-(

Edit, if it was the primair tho wouldnt the intake fan not be working?

Edited by tingting44, 06 November 2010 - 11:40 PM.

#2 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

This is weird as hell!!! Just wired it all back and its working fine now??? I dont feel i can leave it now and im soo tired :puke:

#3 _zigzagzoot_

_zigzagzoot_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:26 AM

When you say 'blew up'. Do you mean inflated then? I was expecting to read about a spontaneus self combusting tent :puke:

#4 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

Ahaha zigz lol yeah mayne it shit me up!!! Just dont understand what friggin happened as its all working fine now apart from a little rip in the tent where i could not get to the plugs in time, imagine if i were not here or asleep, its not worth thinking about! If i dont know what caused it nothing i can do, dont feel safe going to sleep npw

#5 Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

What brand of fan is your extraction?

#6 _zigzagzoot_

_zigzagzoot_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:45 AM

I've never used the primair controllers so dunno mate. Its a weird situation, phantom problem. Not sure cos I dont use them but could you have it setup wrong? Dont they stop and start each fan independently depending on temps?

#7 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

They are ruck fans

And def wired up right, yes they idle at a certain temp and go full when that temp is reached

#8 Herbsman

Herbsman

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

Maybe a conection had become loose and u re-wiring has fixed it.

#9 Cocogrower

Cocogrower

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

I've read so much negative experieneces with these Primairs, I definetly will not be buying one,.

#10 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

Maybe a conection had become loose and u re-wiring has fixed it.

Must have been!

I dont know about not using a primair tho, in my eyes they are vital if you got oversized fans ^_^ saves you money and fans in the long run and keeps enviro temps in check, thats just my opinion tho

#11 drtiny

drtiny

Converted to the Green side!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

had a fan fail and stop turning (bearings i assume) and after a cool down of a hour it would start up again for a day or two and then fail/stick again

Room: GreenQube 1224 with 2 X 600hps Grolux with 2 x 100cm "Greens" parabolic.
Ventilation: Airforce 5" 480m3 extract on 2A variac, td silent 5" 360m3 intake on a WAC1, acoustic ducting and Rhino filter
Nutes: Plant Magic Old timmers grow & bloom, Plant magic essence, boost, granuals, bio silicon

#12 _Tutu_

_Tutu_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

I had a 5" rvk fan bearings go, it still worked but made a hell of a racket almost got me caught it was so loud.

#13 _2hi2try_

_2hi2try_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

My money is on the connections used in the primair, the wire is held in by a spring loaded clip. Had one fail on me and cost me half my crop.

1.jpg

-2Hi

#14 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hey drtiny, my didnt or does not make any noises out of the ordinary nor is it any louder, its just so weird, if it does happen again i will just have to run without primair untill i can afford a new one, thats if i catch it next time tho! This time i caught it within say one minute which had to be faith lmfao!!! Next time i would never be able to catch it that quick and with rips in my tent from that 1 min with only intake running its unthinkable if left unnatennted! I bet the whole street would be stinking :blub:

Hey tutu yeah dont think it s me bearings as it sounds and runs fine still?

Hey 2hi, sorry to hear that bro!!!!! :spliff: yeah if i had to have a guess yours sounds like my problem! There not the best i so prefer the normal screw connections

Im so dam anxious mayne! This is poop lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users