12 replies to this topic

#1 THC4METOO

THC4METOO

Cptn 'Arfer Wingett

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7745 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

I've got 5 plants in a scrog in a drobe. They're 5 weeks in flower and things are very dense in there. Unfortunately I've realised the thrips I thought I'd got rid of a few weeks back are back with a vengeance.

I've tried using tutu's c02 method a few times but for some reason its not working. I've got some SBPI which I previously used, but I didn't find it that effective the last time I used it. I'm willing to try it again but the problem is avoiding the buds and only spraying the leaves.

So is there an alternative to spraying or do I need to get on my hands and knees and spray individual leaves?

Cheers folks :blub:

Attached Thumbnails

• scrog.jpg

Putting people in prison for taking drugs is like breaking their legs for not wearing a seatbelt.

The hard on drugs, war on drugs approach has been discredited for a very long time and it's sort of pathetic to see old men still trying to re-live those primitive battles - Prof. David Nutt

#2 Goodtimes247

Goodtimes247

Lovin my Buddage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1127 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Wish i had the answer for you bud. I would be interested to know how you best deal with it. Best o luck mate, fingers crossed here for ya.

no good deed goes unpunished!

Withnail - "I'm a loft grower.Gets silly hot up there sometimes, been known to hit 40 degrees.I just grow on regardless.I need to water more,yields are down, plants become more susceptible to diseases it seems but hell its still better than no growing at all"

#3 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

For thrip I use a neem oil product called AzaMax (General Hydroponics) which works quite well if used correctly (applied every 3 days for about 12 days), and is very safe. However I don't think you can get it in the UK. But there may be a similar product out that a ways.

The active ingredient is azadiractin, a neem plant derivative. Omri certified. Google is your friend.

Nematodes are also helpful and not toxic at all.

Edited by Randalizer, 20 October 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#4 THC4METOO

THC4METOO

Cptn 'Arfer Wingett

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7745 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

Wish i had the answer for you bud. I would be interested to know how you best deal with it. Best o luck mate, fingers crossed here for ya.

thanks fella, kind of you to drop in with sympathy and luck, what no tea though?

For thrip I use a neem oil product called AzaMax (General Hydroponics) which works quite well if used correctly (applied every 3 days for about 12 days), and is very safe. However I don't think you can get it in the UK. But there may be a similar product out that a ways.

The active ingredient is azadiractin, a neem plant derivative. Omri certified. Google is your friend.

Nematodes are also helpful and not toxic at all.

thanks for the advice rand, I'll see if it can be put to any use this side of the pond.

Just to add, I have read most of the thrip threads and the knowledge base, but its left me more confused than I was when I started. I'm just worried about losing what looks like my best crop for years, all pinball wizardry too.
Putting people in prison for taking drugs is like breaking their legs for not wearing a seatbelt.

The hard on drugs, war on drugs approach has been discredited for a very long time and it's sort of pathetic to see old men still trying to re-live those primitive battles - Prof. David Nutt

#5 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Calm ? I'm fucking Zen !!!!!!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9233 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

SBPI looses it's effectiveness over time, go for a contact spray based on pyrethrum or buy some new SBPI :ouch:
Linux - Because Micro$oft is for capitalists running DOS

#6 Cocogrower

Cocogrower

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

SBPI looses it's effectiveness over time, go for a contact spray based on pyrethrum or buy some new SBPI :ouch:

Good advice, I had a massive infestation of Thrips at week 4 flowering.

I used This for about 7-8 days (everyday) and it knocked the Thrips back to less than 2% population.

#7 se7en

se7en

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7487 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

I used This for about 7-8 days (everyday) and it knocked the Thrips back to less than 2% population.

the only thing i found is spraying it to often my plants dont like it...as you i manage to reduce is population not eradicate it...
using sbpi and westland on mothers...

se7en

#8 cudge09

cudge09

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

[quote name='THC4METOO' date='Oct 20 2010, 10:47 AM' post='2428930']
I've got 5 plants in a scrog in a drobe. They're 5 weeks in flower and things are very dense in there. Unfortunately I've realised the thrips I thought I'd got rid of a few weeks back are back with a vengeance.

I've tried using tutu's c02 method a few times but for some reason its not working. I've got some SBPI which I previously used, but I didn't find it that effective the last time I used it. I'm willing to try it again but the problem is avoiding the buds and only spraying the leaves.

So is there an alternative to spraying or do I need to get on my hands and knees and spray individual leaves?

Cheers folks :unsure:
[/quo

1st of all ask yourself why you got thrips have you got pets cats or dogs ? are you washing your hands before you going in do not bring stuff from outdoors into your room but best thing to use is washing up liquid the old fashion days or even better ozone generator blowing in to yur intake dnt get no pest bud rot then hope av helped :doh:

#9 cudge09

cudge09

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

SBPI looses it's effectiveness over time, go for a contact spray based on pyrethrum or buy some new SBPI :unsure:

some of the cheap washing up liquid from the supermarket has pyrethrum init i use washing up liquid and dont live and ultra bug clear does the trick honestly guys 40 quid ebay ozone generator worth every penny gd 4 bugs gd 4 smell b the safest and best thing yu buy

#10 cudge09

cudge09

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hey felix you seem to be a man who has decent knowledge are you any gd with lighting?

#11 THC4METOO

THC4METOO

Cptn 'Arfer Wingett

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7745 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

SBPI looses it's effectiveness over time, go for a contact spray based on pyrethrum or buy some new SBPI :rofl:

Well that would explain a lot, cheers fella. So much for their 'long shelf life' they like to advertise, I take it 3.5 yrs is beyond the recommended long life.

SBPI looses it's effectiveness over time, go for a contact spray based on pyrethrum or buy some new SBPI :yep:

Safe in flower and effective . . sounds good mate.

SBPI looses it's effectiveness over time, go for a contact spray based on pyrethrum or buy some new SBPI :yep:

the only thing i found is spraying it to often my plants dont like it...as you i manage to reduce is population not eradicate it...
using sbpi and westland on mothers...

I guess population control is better than nowt, ta for that.

Cheers folks :yep:

1st of all ask yourself why you got thrips have you got pets cats or dogs ? are you washing your hands before you going in do not bring stuff from outdoors into your room but best thing to use is washing up liquid the old fashion days or even better ozone generator blowing in to yur intake dnt get no pest bud rot then hope av helped :B):

yup, 2 cats and work with dogs, could be that. Can't afford an ozone generator right now though but can afford washing up liquid :ohmygod:

SO the Pyrethrum and SBPI are ok to use this far in flower and won't effect the buddage, or do I need to coat individual leaves?

#12 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Calm ? I'm fucking Zen !!!!!!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9233 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Hey felix you seem to be a man who has decent knowledge are you any gd with lighting?

Sorry man, that's not really my area unless it's UV

So much for their 'long shelf life' they like to advertise, I take it 3.5 yrs is beyond the recommended long life.

Oh yes geez, that's probably well past it.

SO the Pyrethrum and SBPI are ok to use this far in flower and won't effect the buddage, or do I need to coat individual leaves?

Neither are systemic but contact killers so you should be fine ;)
Linux - Because Micro$oft is for capitalists running DOS

#13 THC4METOO

THC4METOO

Cptn 'Arfer Wingett

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7745 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

cheers fella, your help is always appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users