• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LEmZz

LEmZz

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

right my growroom has beeen fine with temps until it hit august/september. My grow room temps have been all over the place this is what ive got in my growroom 6inch rhino carbon filter(out take)and a 4inch intake with a sms twin fan controller.In summmer my room was perfect lights on 28.3c lights off 21c all the time becasue of my sms twin fan controller.since my grow room droped temps in august i went out and got my self a radiator which i put on a timer for wen lights are off now my temps are lights on 22.6-25.3c lights off 16c-18c depending on how cold it is outside so the radiator not even doing anything its becomming a real issue driving me up the wall :rofl: so what else can i do to make my grow room right temps much thanks for any help lemz.

#2 cheezychong

cheezychong

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

22-25 is ideal m8, they must be looking ok at those Temps. CC

#3 NorthH

NorthH

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

22-25 is ideal m8, they must be looking ok at those Temps. CC

I had this problem recently....

I stuck some old heavy jackets on the top of my tent to prevent heat loss through the top.

I then cut off active extraction whilst lights were on with a fan blowing over the tops - reaching a steady 23-25c - which given its 10c here is not bad.

I also reversed the lighting cycle so that its on during the night when colder and off during the day when warmer.

To release the build up of moisture I then turn on the active extraction for 1-2 hrs per day when its lights out.

I dont think aiming for higher than 25c is going to be viable being honest unless you splodge on more heating.

#4 troy

troy

Bullshit buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2919 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

right my growroom has beeen fine with temps until it hit august/september. My grow room temps have been all over the place this is what ive got in my growroom 6inch rhino carbon filter(out take)and a 4inch intake with a sms twin fan controller.In summmer my room was perfect lights on 28.3c lights off 21c all the time becasue of my sms twin fan controller.since my grow room droped temps in august i went out and got my self a radiator which i put on a timer for wen lights are off now my temps are lights on 22.6-25.3c lights off 16c-18c depending on how cold it is outside so the radiator not even doing anything its becomming a real issue driving me up the wall :( so what else can i do to make my grow room right temps much thanks for any help lemz.

What setting have you got your sms on ? what lamp have you got ? Is your growroom outside ? btw 28.3 is not perfect , 26 is nearer the mark.
Atheism is merely absence of belief.
S. Pinker
Atheists believe free will is illusory and non atheists believes death is illusory.

#5 LEmZz

LEmZz

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

i got the sms on lowest settings i have a 600w dual spec and no my growroom is indoors o really ok thanks for that but still would u recommend me getting a 4inch outtake so that its not taking all my hot air out of the room?(becauuse most of the time it 23c lights on).

Edited by Owderb, 29 September 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#6 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27909 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Leave the intake off and adjust your 6" extract with the controller

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#7 troy

troy

Bullshit buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2919 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

Only yesterday i found out here that the sms needs to be on 40% and 30 c, try that first. You could use the 4" for extraction and passive intake, this would probably warm it up a little at least when the light is on. Running the lights at night as north said is a good idea. Good luck. What owd said :notworthy:

Edited by troy, 29 September 2010 - 01:12 PM.

S. Pinker
Atheists believe free will is illusory and non atheists believes death is illusory.

#8 LEmZz

LEmZz

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

Leave the intake off and adjust your 6" extract with the controller

Owd

what unplug the intake when lights are on and the 6" extract is on minimum settings.thanks lemz

#9 LEmZz

LEmZz

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

Only yesterday i found out here that the sms needs to be on 40% and 30 c, try that first. You could use the 4" for extraction and passive intake, this would probably warm it up a little at least when the light is on. Running the lights at night as north said is a good idea. Good luck. What owd said :notworthy:

what so i put the temp on my sms twin fan controller to 30c nd 40% and this will make it hotter in there and my light hours are lights on 12pm lights off 12am so you think i should change this if so what times thanks lemz

#10 troy

troy

Bullshit buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2919 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

what so i put the temp on my sms twin fan controller to 30c nd 40% and this will make it hotter in there and my light hours are lights on 12pm lights off 12am so you think i should change this if so what times thanks lemz

Those settings worked on my sms 4.5 twin fan controller, give it a go and see what happens, 40% on the left hand dial if its the same as mine. By 12pm do you mean midnight ?

Edited by troy, 29 September 2010 - 01:30 PM.

S. Pinker

#11 LEmZz

LEmZz

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

Those settings worked on my sms 4.5 twin fan controller, give it a go and see what happens, 40% on the left hand dial if its the same as mine. By 12pm do you mean midnight ?

yhh that same as mine its on the left and yes it turns on at midnight and turns off midday cheers lemz.

#12 troy

troy

Bullshit buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2919 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

I would try those settings first and then look at other options, my tent got warmer when I did it !
S. Pinker

#13 LEmZz

LEmZz

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

I would try those settings first and then look at other options, my tent got warmer when I did it !

ok thanks alot for your help troy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users