• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 herbivore

herbivore

Hemisphere of Haze..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hi, i was just over in Starbuds seaweed thread which i must say is excellent.... ;)

Anyhoo..... to cut a long story short i had commented that it was good cos i live like 200yds from the sea so plenty of fresh seaweed for me to get my hands on... ;)

But this is about the only good thing living near the sea cos even with my extraction bein nearly 5x what it needs to be for my growspace i struggle to keep humidity down and i dont really have the space for a dehumidifier.... :(

I had Smeogol comment that he has same probs with humidity livin near the sea as well and gets budrot quite often....

So any of you guys know of any good strains out there that are reasonably resilient to higher humidities?

cheers Herbivore... lol
Kandy Kush, White Widow, Pineapple Express, Exile, Vanilla Kush, Sourcream, Sharksbreath, Blueberry Gum.

The only thing addictive about Cannabis is growing it....

If we are considered a Christian Nation then why do laws exist that punish a person for the cultivating and harvesting of God's creations.....

#2 Bagheera

Bagheera

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

Hey there Herbivore

Good luck with the grow, you might want to go for a more sativa dominant hybrid or 100% sativa, possibly try a landrace strain that comes from a humid area like Durban Poison very humid there and its a quick flowering sativa so you dont have to wait months for a harvest, good luck with the grow

Peace land love, Bagheera lol

#3 herbivore

herbivore

Hemisphere of Haze..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

Thanks Bagheera, and good news cos i do love a nice sativa type high....appreciated.... ;)

Peace Herbivore.. lol

Edited by Owderb, 24 September 2010 - 12:13 PM.

Kandy Kush, White Widow, Pineapple Express, Exile, Vanilla Kush, Sourcream, Sharksbreath, Blueberry Gum.

If we are considered a Christian Nation then why do laws exist that punish a person for the cultivating and harvesting of God's creations.....

#4 namkha

namkha

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6437 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

hey

I recommend you try a cross of a landrace sativa and a Western IBL

you will get excellent hybrid vigour, big yields and nice highs

try ACE Seeds or Afropips

I really like Sweet Malawi and Sweet White Malawi from Afropips --- great taste, lovely high, zero chance of mold
www.therealseedcompany.com

"Look, we understood we couldn't make it illegal to be young or poor or black in the United States, but we could criminalize their common pleasure. We understood that drugs were not the health problem we were making them out to be, but it was such a perfect issue...that we couldn't resist it." - John Ehrlichman, White House counsel to President Nixon on the rationale of the War on Drugs.

"[Nixon] emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks" Haldeman, his Chief of Staff wrote, "The key is to devise a system that recognizes this while not appearing to."

#5 lost&found

lost&found

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

Hi herbivore,
I live very near the sea too,and i have been having lots of trouble with bud rot too.Never occured to me that it could be the proximity of the sea that is the problem.
i revised my extraction,etc and tried every available product out there.To no avail.I did my own garlic chili solution that it has helped a lot.garlic is a fungicide amongst many other thing.It got rid straight away of a bit of LSF in the leaves,never to be seen again.Cheaper and more simple to use than any plant magic or any other brands stuff. I even spray and clean the walls etc to try and get to the spores.I top and lst to help air flow ,etc ...

The other thing that I am doing to beat the problem is to grow fast flowering strains so I can crop before the botrytis gets to the last stage ,when it goes grey and eats your bud and produces more spores.AT the moment I'm trialing,world of seeds afghan kush (45-55)days ,delicious seeds fruity chronic juice (50-55 days),critical+ by dinafem and smellyberrie (49-56 days)They all are new projects and I can't comment in results yet.
I want to see what the afghan kush is like because world of seeds makes a brasil amazonia that being from the rain forest should have a high tolerance to humidity but it takes 65-75 days,which means that if it is not resistent it would be riddle with bud rot before I can crop her.So I may get a single seed from the pick n mix from the attitude and see how she does.I imagine that thai should be ok too.I can't do sativas because of height restrictions.

Edited by lost&found, 24 September 2010 - 09:49 AM.

mostly lost...

#6 herbivore

herbivore

Hemisphere of Haze..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

Thanks Namkha and lost&found some good suggestions and good tips too..... :)

Sweet Malawi sounds nice and that garlic chili solution sounds worth a try....i'm currently using the plant magic essence for the first time but as you say a home brew would be a lot cheaper if its workin for you....

lost&found i'd really appreciate it if you let me know how you go with ur current strains as i've thought of tryin the afghan kush myself at some point...
good luck....

peace Herbivore. :P

#7 Lotofago

Lotofago

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

Hey guys, I came over from starbud's seaweed thread too ...

I have similar problems - anyone tried a dehumidifier - I mean can you just "BUY RESULTS" humidity wise?

what would the leccy cost to run one? or would it even be worth it what with extraction just sucking in more damp air?

where are your intakes comming from, could you put a dehumidifier in that room?

Sorry if thats alot of Q's, just one more: Lost&Found, could you post a recipe/guide of how you make your garlic mix? and what does the chilli do?

I have a fungal problem at the moment and no fungicide and I'm 100% organic so it would be a huge help

thanks fellers

Loto
Verde que te quiero verde ...

Get off my back, Babylon.

#8 lost&found

lost&found

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

I found that bit in uk420 that I think may be very interesting to anyone with bud rot problems.
I don't know how I didn't come across it before if you consider the hours ,days and weeks that I spend browsing in uk420.

http://www.uk420.com...showarticle=496

Hope it may help you,I'm going to try some of the tips in there

L&F
mostly lost...

#9 herbivore

herbivore

Hemisphere of Haze..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hey Lotofago,
my intake is in the room and my extraction up into the loft...
I have started running a dehumidifier in the room.(one i bought cos i had a busted water pipe at my old address and there was mass destruction).
It was about a hundred quid or sumthin in argos ( the laminated book of dreams) cos all the hire shops had run out!
its 360w so i guess on top of lights and all the rest yeah it is a few more pennies added to it but i suppose its an added necessity.
I am gonna try a couple of the strains at the top of the thread next grow and maybe i won't need to run the dehumidifier at all. :notworthy:

#10 L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5314 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

I have a fungal problem at the moment and no fungicide and I'm 100% organic so it would be a huge help

Get some essence.

#11 Lotofago

Lotofago

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Get some essence.

Eh bien, monsieur L'Emmerdeur: Cant afford it right now and I dont have a pump/airstone either, but it is the first thing on the list as soon as I get a few quid

#12 Zack

Zack

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

You could look at some of the varieties bred in Switzerland at high altitude. The Church by GHS is supposed to be a high mould resistant plant although I got a it of bud rot in a couple of the colas that were touching the side of the tent.

I just bought a dehumidifier a prem i air EP1608E Peltier 650ml Dehumidifier for about 42 in deliv. I now have it on a timer to come on for 2 lots of 2 hours during lights out as when it was on full time (during 12hrs lights out) its reduced humidity from 65% down to 35% at night which is too low. Its 60W so shouldn't use much more leccy than a normal lightbulb.

#13 lost&found

lost&found

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

nice tip zac, I may try dehumidifier next 60w seems very acceptable.I read that th ionizer kills patogens too, so if you use one you could put it on a timer in the growm room and see if it makes a difference..
Bringing hum down seems the easiest choice doh.
mostly lost...

#14 Lotofago

Lotofago

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

nice tip zac, I may try dehumidifier next 60w seems very acceptable.I read that th ionizer kills patogens too, so if you use one you could put it on a timer in the growm room and see if it makes a difference..
Bringing hum down seems the easiest choice doh.

I can vouch for Ionizers. I have brutal allergies to dust mites and whatever else is going around

they use SFA about 60w, and if you've got the readies go for an air purifier type which also comes with a HEPA filter - NOTHING gets through the HEPA lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users