6 replies to this topic

#1 antares

antares

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hi

I was at a guys house last year and he had a few black buckets and an old nft205 tank which he had converted to grow his pkants in, he had 2 plants in the 205 tank and 1 each in bucket, he told me that he made the system for 5 pounds a bucket, I'm sure he also a fish tank pump providing air to the buckets and tank, the root mass on the plants where huge, im sure he had small net pots filled with clay pebbles??

Does anyone else know this system I'm sure its pretty common :yep:

Cheers

#2 Goodtimes247

Goodtimes247

Lovin my Buddage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1127 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

saw a youtube vid once with a guy with a green face showing you step by step how to build your system etc etc

This was the first vid i ever saw on growing and made it seam fairly simple :yep:
EDIT: wont embed vid for some reason.

Edited by Goodtimes247, 01 September 2010 - 03:03 PM.

no good deed goes unpunished!

Withnail - "I'm a loft grower.Gets silly hot up there sometimes, been known to hit 40 degrees.I just grow on regardless.I need to water more,yields are down, plants become more susceptible to diseases it seems but hell its still better than no growing at all"

#3 _m1da5_

_m1da5_
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

I'm literally about to put mine together, ive already cut the holes etc but as its not assembled yet it'll be easy for me to take some photos that show how i made it. Its cost me more than 5 per bucket, but ive done it to a fairly high spec with silent airpump etc ill post some pics either tonight or tomorrow.

#4 antares

antares

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

saw a youtube vid once with a guy with a green face showing you step by step how to build your system etc etc

This was the first vid i ever saw on growing and made it seam fairly simple ;)
EDIT: wont embed vid for some reason.

Hi Mate

I have the full video of this so I'll be having a look later, cheers

#5 antares

antares

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

I'm literally about to put mine together, ive already cut the holes etc but as its not assembled yet it'll be easy for me to take some photos that show how i made it. Its cost me more than 5 per bucket, but ive done it to a fairly high spec with silent airpump etc ill post some pics either tonight or tomorrow.

Hi

I have a budget around 200 for kit, so thats cool, if you could post it up i'd appreciate it, your a star

thanks

#6 alexross

alexross

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

I'd like to see that also mate

:huh:

#7 lazi

lazi

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3539 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

I have a budget around 200 for kit

The bits that go with the kit can come to 200 or more.

3 or 4 stage reverse osmosis unit + float valve, ~100

2 x 40 or 50 litre tubs, one stands on a table and has the float valve fitted, gives the same amount of ro water a time. 2nd tub on floor, new nutes get tipped into it. ~20

5L GH Micro, 10L GH Bloom, 2 x 1L Liquid Silicon. Measuring syringes 20ml + 2 x 100ml, ~100

That lot will give good and reliable results with any hydro kit you care to buy. The lucas formula with ro water has proved itself 1,000s of times to give all green grows as long as the pH and ec stay within range. If you choose to do passive hydro then no meters are needed as giving the plants a 10% runoff each feed keeps the pH and ec within range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users