Any suggestions tired of buying crappy dro would rather grow my own

#2 Dohped

Dohped

wonko the sane..

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5264 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:07 AM

weeelllll my piece of string is 8 inches long.....

nah only joking m8

i am a soil grower meself but have looked into the waterworks, cheapiest is by far and away the "hempy bucket", there is a couple of posts about it here, but you will defo find it on that bloody american growing site.

other than that go to www.hobbyhydro.com, and there are some very good ideas there, for home made.

when you say discreet, how discreet do you need to be.

are there police walking through your house everyday, ?????

i am growing inside what looks like 3 cardboard boxes stacked ontop of eachother,

1 guy is growing in a chest of drawers, so well done that you think it still has the clothes in it (Rocky, I mean you m8)

I think you will need to be a bit more specific with what you need to know, and you will get a very informed answer.

there are people on these boards, who are eligible for all sorts of science and peace prizes, but due to the shitty laws, it is us who hold them in reverence and not the entire world....

so in short, ask detailed questions and you will get detailed answers.

hope it helps
"You could pay your taxes with cannabis hemp throughout America for over 200 years". - Jack Herer - The Emperor wears no clothes

"Happiness belongs to the self sufficient" - Aristotle

"Why say windows when it feels so good to say LINUX?"

"Linux:- No window$ just doors". - Me - driving home stoned from dikki's

#3 skinny d

skinny d

Worthless Piece of Crap

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 03:57 AM

I would say a Power Grower would be the cheapest way. This particular one only grows one plant, so I would start a couple in some hydroton, then when you get a desired female, transfer her to this :puke: (Picture copyright eBay, I'm assuming)

Attached Thumbnails

• e3_1.jpg

#4 skinny d

skinny d

Worthless Piece of Crap

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:45 PM

;) UB, you crack me up. you just love that gaffa tape don't ya ;)

#5 mindhunter

mindhunter

* Nicely sozzled *

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:21 PM

UB, you crack me up. you just love that gaffa tape don't ya

gaffa tape, the growers best friend ;) ....;)

mindhunter
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
Posted Image

#6 smoky

smoky

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:54 PM

Don't know about cheapest way, but i've got a very discrete system designed to look (and fuction) like a speaker. It works well for me and produce about 2-3oz with every plant i flower.
If you'd like details let me know.

Smoky :headpain:

#7 skinny d

skinny d

Worthless Piece of Crap

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:02 PM

Smoky, I'm interested.

#8 nogeek

nogeek

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:35 AM

I've got mine in my wardrobe. The top of the wardrobe still has clothes in it, and the main compartement is used for growing.
http://www.uk420.com...showtopic=23394
When the doors are shut you would never even know its there.
The system is well cheap to buidl too. Two plastic boxes from a DIY store, a bog standard water pump, some rockwool, lights fitted to the rail and you're laughing!

#9 nogeek

nogeek

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:39 AM

UglyBudly, are you able to raise and lower your lights? Surely having them that far away from the plant makes them strech out a bit much?

#10 smoky

smoky

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:13 AM

Hey Skinny,

I set up my system by firstly buying several lengths of MFD from homebase and building a box of the required size (I made quite a big speaker out of this but then Iíve got a fairly expensive custom music system, so I can get away without anything looking unusual).
Tare apart a pair of old speakers and take the working components out (can be tricky, but worth it at the end of the day and all the wiring's fairly simple to repair if you damage it).
Make sure when you're building the box, not to attach the front panel as this will be the front of the speaker and access to the box.
Cut the required size of circle in your front panel and wire the woofers through.
Take a couple of old PC fans (dead cheap and once again really easy to wire up) and jerry rig them to some 12V adaptors, then attach them to be extractors on the back side of the box (you'll need to cut holes for these). I attached mind in a row of 4 high up on the back side of the box.
Drill some holes towards the bottom of one of the sides of the box (to allow air to be pulled in
For the light I ordered a 150W Metal Halide lamp from www.ADVERT REMOVED and removed the whole lot from the casing (ballast en all). I took the bare light fitting without reflector and rigged it to hang off chain through holes in the top of the box.
The ballast I made a second box to contain (well actually I used one of the old speaker casings, but the principalís the same.
The wire for both the lamp and the speakers run out through a hole in the bottom left side of the box.
The power of lamp could be varied depending on the size of the box you require, but cooling more than a 150W in that small a space could be difficult.
For the tank, I used a plastic box again bought out of homebase which I cut the bottom out of, making a tank about 3" deep.
Put that into the bottom of the box. Another piece of MFD for a cover of the tank with a hole in it so that the plant can sit through.
Thatís you pretty much done. I ran 2 grows like that before I upgrade the box.
Got a hold of some myler and covered the inside of the box. Then I picked up some white bin bags and cut a covering for the tank cover.
Iíve also bought a nutrient heater, air pump, and all the necessary hydro equipment, but the more of this you add the less discrete your system becomes (I donít really need it to be hidden that well anymore, but I used to).
Anyway hope this is some use to you.

Smoky lol

#11 BigDaDa

BigDaDa

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:50 AM

Grow using passive hydro (pot culture) basically, buy some pots, saucers and rockwool, mix up your feed in a bucket and use a watering can to feed em directly into your saucer...i've used this method for a wee while now, teaches the basics of hydro and its cheap as chips

#12 skinny d

skinny d

Worthless Piece of Crap

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 06:00 AM

Grow using passive hydro (pot culture) basically, buy some pots, saucers and rockwool, mix up your feed in a bucket and use a watering can to feed em directly into your saucer...i've used this method for a wee while now, teaches the basics of hydro and its cheap as chips

I've heard this is a good way too.

#13 _BushBandicoot_

_BushBandicoot_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:37 AM

Outdoors!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users