33 replies to this topic

#1 cannacan

cannacan

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

Hi People,

Just a quick question can anyone help?, how do i get tighter harder buds when growing? my results seem to be good in regards to quality etc, but the buds never seem to be very tight.

Thanks

#2 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

I think more intense lighting combined with incredible air flow (extraction) is the way. Plus all the other good stuff like feeding and watering properly.

1KW lamps seem to do the trick! :yep:

#3 dogzilla

dogzilla

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

Colder temperatures mate.

After a number of grows I can safely say that my summer buds are much looser than my winter buds. My winter buds are solid as rocks mate, absolutely rock.

Also cooler temps = more THC. My winter buds are always more crystally than my summer buds.

#4 bizzaro

bizzaro

Do ya thang man,..fuck wat they lookin at!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14522 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

choosin a good pheno is wise too.if ya can.grow summat you know to be structured that way.....again if ya can.
Drill sergant 'the club' LS11 chapter
'you are not what you own'..I Mckaye

#5 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37116 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi People,

Just a quick question can anyone help?, how do i get tighter harder buds when growing? my results seem to be good in regards to quality etc, but the buds never seem to be very tight.

Thanks

What strength light are you using mate, like Randy says you`ll get stonkingly tight buds with a 1kw :yep:

My bolt hole 

Ugorg Beta C NoName and OT Smile C3

"Going in the sea in large vegetables is not a good idea."

#6 _Tutu_

_Tutu_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

I assumre you're using fluro's swith to hps lower the light if using hps.

Build a sealed co2, air conditioned room and run at 100w/sqft that works pretty bloody well.

Switch from soil to hydro, use pk13/14, water more often, feed more often, mix 10% fytocell with soil mixes, heat/cold/humnidity, co2 ppm the list is endless we more info on why you're getting small buds.

Randy's right a 1kw makes big colas my last grow I had 2.5ft long colas under a kw, 37oz just over g/w but lost 7 of that to mould.

Edited by Tutu, 07 August 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#7 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

I think that metal halide produces tighter buds than HPS, something to do with more blue light. The THC content is also increased, in UV sensitive strains.

#8 scraglor

scraglor

dirty scrag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6280 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

more light, keep temps to around 24-27'c
i'm not arguing, i'm just explaining why i'm right

http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=140320 indian haze, golden haze and friends

http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=151458 - blue mystic, afghani#1

#9 _chr0nicsxs_

_chr0nicsxs_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

Like other's say, More light.. If your using CFL's then switch to a 600W or 1KW HPS if u can, you';ll notice a huge difference

#10 Dino_NWGC2

Dino_NWGC2

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

I think Dogzilla is correct it is heat and humidity related. But also if you do not have enough light this can produce poor buds.

#11 _ukcheesehead_

_ukcheesehead_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

I think Dogzilla is correct it is heat and humidity related. But also if you do not have enough light this can produce poor buds.

yep and also its down to what kind of strain you are growing aswell .

#12 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27393 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

The question was how do I get tighter nugs

Well using a bigger light doesnt always guarantee that at all

You first must have a plant that can and does produce them, and you must control your environment and keeps temps and humidity at acceptable levels

If you can do this and get even a 250hps close to the plants, then theres no reason at all why you cant grow solid nugs

Now if you would have said larger then bigger bulbs are the way to go

Check some of the 250 grows on here, and even some envirolite grows, they manage it

So please dont get hung up on bigger bulbs, it isnt always the answer like a lot of folk seem to think

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell

A fool and his money are soon elected

#13 _ukcheesehead_

_ukcheesehead_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

cannacan what size is your growroom ? i used a 250watt in my small budbox a 400w in my 1 m sq (but going to use a 600w next ) and in my hidden room what is 4ft 2" sq i have a 600w but upgrading to a 1k for the next grow . as i said in my last post its mainly down to what strain you are growing . ive done seeds b4 and out of say 6 plants 3 might be hard n dence 2 might be solid and 1 might be fluffy .

my nightmare kush aka white has the most rock hard buds ive ever seen in my life . if you drop a nug on a table you can here a donk noise .

Edited by ukcheesehead, 07 August 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#14 Viva

Viva

A Ganja Farmers Day is Never Done....

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6526 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Dunno if im 100% on this but does drying your buds slower at a lower temp no make them tighter say arouind 17-18.C rather than faster in higher temps like 21-22.C. :wink:

#15 Dino_NWGC2

Dino_NWGC2

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Dunno if im 100% on this but does drying your buds slower at a lower temp no make them tighter say arouind 17-18.C rather than faster in higher temps like 21-22.C. :wink:

Not for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users