Photo
- - - - -

How Long Can You Leave Your Water/nute Mix Before Feeding?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cypher79

cypher79

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

So I've been having some feeding problems recently i was wondering if its down to the fact that i usually leave my nute mix standing for a day or two before i actually feed? Would it be better to mix them up fresh then feed asap or doesnt it matter?

How long do you guys usually wait to feed after mixing your nutes up?

(I'm growing in soil with bio bizz nutes btw)

#2 Amnesia

Amnesia

"If it aint green then it aint me"

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4117 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

The nutrients should be used straight away after mixing as it soon goes off.

#3 peanut

peanut

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:24 AM

deleted ...double post

Edited by peanut, 17 May 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#4 peanut

peanut

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:24 AM

I have always added biobizz just before the watering, never had a problem.

Not sure if they go a bit iffy if you just let it sit without an air stone.

I also keep all organic nutes refrigerated.

#5 cypher79

cypher79

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

sounds like my letting the mix stand could have been causing the problems then

i'll be sure to mix it up then feed from now on :spliff:

cheers

#6 Abe Froman

Abe Froman

Stoned Again

• Team UK420
  • 6625 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

:flex: as above, maybe use a day after at the very most (occasionally i mix a little too much ,so use it in the garden the following day )

you'd definitely know you were doing something wrong if you'd done a fish mix feed and left it a couple of days
:spliff: lol lol lol :v: :photo: :nazi: :idea:

reusable plant stakes
Up here for dancing , Down there for thinking.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.
Why you need a contactor (AKPOG's lucky escape)

#7 _fatman7574_

_fatman7574_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

Chemical nutes start out as sterile as the wateryou mixed them with. IE if using tap water with chlorine the water and therfore the mixed nutes should have a pathogen kill off from the chlorine at between log2 and log3 meaning 99 to 99.9% free of all live pathogens. As long as the nutrient mix has no organic matter in it the nutrients will remain unchanged indefinitely other than the evaporation of water and cahnges caused by water additions if you use tap water.

Organic nutrients or organic supplements are basically constantly undergoing change as there are bacteria and enzymes in the water converting organic matter through a series of bacterial actions into nitrates. High temps and lot of caess tooxygen sppeds these changes, cold tempeartures can put decomposition and bacteria conversion to usable nutrient almost at a halt. Some growers find they actually like the increased nutrient uptake caused by mixing their nutrients up several weeks in advance and keep a huge amount of air pumping into the nutrients lution as this mans neraly all the nutrients are readily usable by the palnts as soon as you start giving them aged nutrients. you have y to keep the solution well aerated during this waiting period and keep the solution warm if not almost hot to speed the conversions done by the bacteria and enzymes.

Edited by fatman7574, 20 May 2010 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users