- - - - -

How Do You Apply For A Medical Licence To Grow Cannabis??

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 _greengoblin82_

_greengoblin82_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

hello fellow uk420 members,
Is there a way of growing cannabis legally in the uk,i have heard that it can be done through a medical licence but im very sceptical,i need to grow cannabis as its properties relax me and stop me getting migraines and lower back pain,plus i don't believe in putting anything into my body that isn't natural so man made medication is not really an option.
i hold a job as an electrician and pay my taxes and have done since i was 15, i am now approaching 30 and finding it harder and harder to do the job i love as there is always pain in my back which in turn gives me migraines.
i had a car accident a few years back now and ever since then, my back has not been the same, the doc wanted me to take tablets that would space me out very similar to triazipan so i'm told, but as i dont beleive they would help me and that they would just stop me working so i wont take them. Cannabis seems to be the only "natural herb " that works.
so a licence to grow medical cannabis would be great in an ideal world, but some how i dont think its going to happen - wishfull thinking though!

but you never know whats around the corner these days, maybe with this new goverment [cleggeon] :headpain:, it will be de criminalised in the near future?

thanks for reading and thanks for any answers in advance!

#2 _jaysee_

_jaysee_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

"so a licence to grow medical cannabis would be great in an ideal world, but some how i dont think its going to happen - wishfull thinking though"

I wish to mate!
Made me laugh out loud though!
Goodluck.

#3 ska

ska

Over grow the government

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3366 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

I wish too man, but untill that day we just have to grow in secret!

Spain Lat 37 Mountain GG a year round project 2014 - ? :yinyang:

Cryptocurrency, be part of the change.

#4 Davey Jones

Davey Jones

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

I wish too :down:

I settle for second best, a grow licence issued by the missus :band:

Fuck the law

Read Old Timer, Read Old timer, he is the master of us all

Trouble rather the Lion in his lair, than the Sage amongst his books

#5 threewisemonkeys

threewisemonkeys

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

I wish too :yahoo:

I settle for second best, a grow licence issued by the missus :spliff:

Fuck the law

Can't get past the misses at the mo, she stopped me doing it last year and now won't even let me get seedlings going under 110w prop light :band:

Really tricky situation for I have such a passion for growing but the bitch just says NO, if it weren't for the kids I'd be gone and into my own place, really fucks me off, she's happy for me to have 1-2oz of weed in the house but says growing is far to risky :down: as far as I can see there is no difference, either way its weed in the house

:D

#6 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38202 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

Who needs a licence? I don't.
Just grow it man, if you keep quiet where's the fear?
Screw the pathetic little laws of men, and then screw them some more!

#7 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7472 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

amen to that.. :unsure:

link - Cannabis shown to reduce invasiveness of cancer - National Cancer Institute

The lethal dose ratio (LD-50) for cannabis is estimated to be around 1:20,000 to 1:40,000 which means you have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in one cannabis joint to induce death. This means you would have to consume something like 1,500 lbs in 15 minutes to induce a lethal response. There are no known fatalities from the substance and it is considered non- toxic...

...''First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
Mahatma Ghandi

#8 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38202 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

Thing is, as I see it a medicinal user has no need to feel guilt. The moral argument is all ours, all ours! No-one has the right to deny a sick person their medicine. And no sick person should feel guilty about taking their medicine.
If God calls it "good" (and according to Christian myth He did, at the point of Creation), then who are these men that would label it "bad"?

#9 ninorc

ninorc

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6080 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:53 AM

Goblin, licenses to grow are only issued for research purposes and under the most stringent regulations. GWPharm occupies a high security facility at Porton Down that was used for chemical warfare research. I don't know of any other institution that's growing legally. They used to grow a single cannabis plant at Kew Gardens, but it kept getting nicked...

This is the most fun I've had since my therapist adjusted my anti-anxiety
medication & I stopped worrying about the blood in my stool.

#10 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Lurking at the Threshold

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

I don't know of any other institution that's growing legally. They used to grow a single cannabis plant at Kew Gardens, but it kept getting nicked...

'Alnwick Poison Garden' usually have one the go Nin. lol
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

>Go Bonsai<

macro

#11 Greenthumb_420

Greenthumb_420

rEdEYedSQuaDroNLeADeR!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1419 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

Really tricky situation for I have such a passion for growing but the bitch just says NO, if it weren't for the kids I'd be gone and into my own place, really fucks me off, she's happy for me to have 1-2oz of weed in the house but says growing is far to risky :eek: as far as I can see there is no difference, either way its weed in the house

WOW. Tricky situation by fuck :eek:

It's your house too man. Just fucking grow em. My missus wouldn't stop me and she knows that so wouldn't try... but that's why we work I guess...

amen to that.. :g:

Amen lol

Thing is, as I see it a medicinal user has no need to feel guilt. The moral argument is all ours, all ours! No-one has the right to deny a sick person their medicine. And no sick person should feel guilty about taking their medicine.
If God calls it "good" (and according to Christian myth He did, at the point of Creation), then who are these men that would label it "bad"?

he did call it good didn't he lol good point Arnie lol

Itís not a war on drugs, itís a war on personal freedom is what it is, OK.
Keep that in mind at all times. Thank you. ~ Bill Hicks

#12 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38202 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

My missus wouldn't stop me and she knows that so wouldn't try... but that's why we work I guess...

:rofl:
Same here, my luvvly woman wouldn't even think of it, that's not the way we work either. Plus, she actually encourages me to grow because she can see the therapeutic impact it has on me. And she'd rather I was high/stoned on organically grown bud I've grown myself, than zombied on heavy duty pharmaceuticals. There's no laughter in pharmaceuticals.

he did call it good didn't he lol good point Arnie :D

Indeed he did, indeed he did.
Moreover, in the New Testament St. Paul wrote: ".... everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected ...."
Prohibition = Blasphemy, pure and simple. Oh how I wish the Church would get off its arse, produce a decent theology of creation and start rattling the bars of prohibition. Another point of disagreement, oh well .... it aint ever going to happen, so I may as well just self medicate and dream on lol lol :punk:

#13 squirrel

squirrel

Stoned Immaculate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6572 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

As said, they won't give you a license, zero chance.

With respect, I'd like to point out that if you haven't tried the medication that your doctor is offering, how do you know it won't work? Everyone is different. Just because some people have had side effects that you don't like the sound of, it doesn't mean that you will. For all you know it might suit you perfectly. Or not, but you'll never know if you refuse to try it.
Confused by all the jargon? Check out the UK420 Grower's Dictionary.

If you need help, please post shots of the whole plant taken from slightly above and to the side, so we can see the foliage all the way down. It's nearly impossible to diagnose plant trouble just from closeups, or shots of a single leaf, or shots taken under HPS. Thank you.

Autos grow diary : Squirrel versus invisible scary monsters.

#14 ninorc

ninorc

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6080 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

With respect, I'd like to point out that if you haven't tried the medication that your doctor is offering, how do you know it won't work? Everyone is different. Just because some people have had side effects that you don't like the sound of, it doesn't mean that you will. For all you know it might suit you perfectly. Or not, but you'll never know if you refuse to try it.

Sativex will be licensed before the end of the year (we hope). Get into a conversation with your doctor now about what works for you and why you refuse to take synthetic drugs. If cannabis is indeed the best thing, your doctor may be willing to prescribe cannabinoid medicine when it becomes available. And Sativex, with its high CBD content, is liable to be better for your lower back pain.

This is the most fun I've had since my therapist adjusted my anti-anxiety
medication & I stopped worrying about the blood in my stool.

#15 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38202 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

With respect, I'd like to point out that .....

I agree with squirrel, mate. I've lived with spinal disease and chronic pain for twenty odd years now, and without meds from the doctor my life would be totally fucked! Weed comes nowhere near being a pain killer for me. It helps with mood, and keeps me from becoming depressed but I need proper pain meds from the doctor - without Morphine I would be in a right old pickle, to say the least!
Plus, Morphine is not so unnatural, its the active analgesic part of the Opium poppy and even in its refined nature it is really quite benign in its impact on the body's organs. Same could be said of Codeine too. And you'd be surprised how many drugs are taken from nature, either directly or by synthetics.
Anyways - no offence meant, just want you to keep your mind open because I know what a total fuck-up chronic pain is. Me, I take all the help I'm offered. If it works, great! If not, I bin it. All in all, the meds from my doctor and the bud from my grow combine to give me a decent enough tool to manage the pain with. Haven't quite found fifth gear yet (total pain free cruising), but I'll let you know if and when I do :smug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users