• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 michaelwbafc

michaelwbafc

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

Ok first off high everyone, I want to start my first grow soon and need some good advice from those that know what there doing. As you can tell from the topic title I'm going to me doing a scrog under a single 300w cfl, plants will be in hempy buckets. Someone told me that I would only get 2 plants in a scrog under this light, is that right? Also does anyone see any problems with what I want to do?.

Many thanks and happy tokein!
"Bullhorn, NO! at long last our friendship bonded by the stuggle against the man has been brought to an end by kung-fu treachery"

#2 _Tutu_

_Tutu_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Ok first off high everyone, I want to start my first grow soon and need some good advice from those that know what there doing. As you can tell from the topic title I'm going to me doing a scrog under a single 300w cfl, plants will be in hempy buckets. Someone told me that I would only get 2 plants in a scrog under this light, is that right? Also does anyone see any problems with what I want to do?.

Many thanks and happy tokein!

How big hempy's?

I know it's been said before but get a 250w hps, you'll double/triple the bud and get 1 m,ore crop a year.

For that size I'd do 1 plant in a hempy doesn't take long for clones to get going in hempy's and I'd us a 10 ltr bucket B&Q special 1. I takes a week or so to root well into hempys then they go mad.

#3 michaelwbafc

michaelwbafc

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi, thanks tutu so you think a 250w hps would be better and you suggest doing only one plant. How much bud could I get from one plant in the bucket you suggested under the 250w hps (note I don't plan on selling anything this is for personal use)? Also would heat not be a problem with the hps and I was planning on growing from seed in a hempy can I do that? Sorry about dumb questions but I'm still alittle green about growing.. No pun Intended.
"Bullhorn, NO! at long last our friendship bonded by the stuggle against the man has been brought to an end by kung-fu treachery"

#4 stickyblack

stickyblack

Oh So Sticky-icky-icky!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4293 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

Fill out your profile firstly, will help others to help you.

And cant really give any advice really as of yet as needs know what space your using + extraction. We know you got 2x 125w enviros :yinyang: A 250w HID could be a great advantage but cant say so as of we dont know what size space your using(sounds like you got enough floor space as you can fit 2x 125ws,) you need some headspace.

Before you start in hempyb's you should use propagation cubes for the first week or two, then transplant into the buckets.

Edited by stickyblack, 02 March 2010 - 07:16 PM.

#5 michaelwbafc

michaelwbafc

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

Hi, ok I've updated profile now, I got a box 60x60140cm, a fan used in bathrooms and 2 125w cfls. Its just a small setup for personal use, cos I'm broke I needed running costs to be small. Ok I want to grow a SCROG in hempy buckets, how many plants would I get in this area? I was going to go with 2 but have been told to only do one, how much would that yeild? Also with this box could I ditch the cfls for a single 250w hps and get better yeilds without heat problems?

Thanks

#6 stickyblack

stickyblack

Oh So Sticky-icky-icky!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4293 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

If your doing a scrog i reckon you'll be cool with 2x 10L buckets. You could fit 4x but no need when your running hempys and scrog; the veg is very quick in hydro. Also you may want to use 4x if you decide to do multistain :unsure:

A 250w in that space is perfect- i think it works out to 60w psf(per sq ft) and 50 is max you really need ;) ..You will need to get better extraction, 5inch ruck & cf will do you fine. Your yields will be alot better :unsure:

eta: if you can you could make a veg box and use a single 125w enviro + your bathroom fan your using at the minute. Keep a couple mums + clones + veg up some more ready for when the current lot have finished flowering. Speeds grows up quite alot.

Edited by stickyblack, 02 March 2010 - 11:17 PM.

#7 michaelwbafc

michaelwbafc

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the info sticky, gonna get a better fan and a 250w hps asap. Think I'm make a veg box as you suggested too so my cfls don't go to waste.
Thanks again!

Edited by michaelwbafc, 02 March 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#8 stickyblack

stickyblack

Oh So Sticky-icky-icky!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4293 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

Good luck with the new setup when you get it :unsure: .. and i dont think you will be looking back. Nor will you be looking back when you have a seperate veg box ;)

No problems fella, glad i could help.

eta: flipin hell you've been here for years!! .. what have you been doing :unsure:

Edited by stickyblack, 02 March 2010 - 11:44 PM.

#9 michaelwbafc

michaelwbafc

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

lol I joined the site ages ago when I left school... I was under age 23 now just aint been on for along time lol when I joined this looked diffrent.

Edited by michaelwbafc, 02 March 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#10 stickyblack

stickyblack

Oh So Sticky-icky-icky!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4293 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

lol cool .. Im a couple years behind you myself.

Dont blame ya for getting a grow on, street stuff is dreadful- let alone the prices lol

eta: not a west brom fan meself though.. lol

Edited by stickyblack, 03 March 2010 - 12:01 AM.

#11 michaelwbafc

michaelwbafc

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:04 AM

Yeah street weed sucks big time, I've finaly realised buying weed from dealers is a mugs game. So no more shitty deals or sprayed up shit for me! lol

#12 _Tutu_

_Tutu_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

Depends on strain but you could easily see 5 oz out each time, you could do more plants but 2 foot sized with a hempy is pefect.

If you to do more do 4, 1 per sqft, will shave a week of veg time, if you can keep a mum and grow clones under 1-2 20w cfl's , you can really cut down turn around time, upgrade the extraction, keep the pc fans for a little mum box.

#13 michaelwbafc

michaelwbafc

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

Thanks tutu, I'm gonna go with 2 I think. 5oz sounds good to me, any suggestions on strain?

#14 _Tutu_

_Tutu_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

Thanks tutu, I'm gonna go with 2 I think. 5oz sounds good to me, any suggestions on strain?

Depends what you want really but you can't really go wrong with Killer skunk will get you mashed with a nice yield and a nice taste.

I'm growing chronic but I think it might be a bit of a waste under a 250w (You shouldn't top chronic which kind of fooks up training, very important with a 250w to get the most out of it.)

If you want to grow feminised seeds I have nothing but good things to say about grapefruit female seeds.

#15 davemarx

davemarx

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

cheese is a crackin strain and proper stinks but you get more of a sativa high rather thana nice mong..

CFL'S are great for veggin you should get 2 big buckets under your 2 cfls i use 6.5 ltr final pots and get 4 under my 300watt cfl

im also flowering now with 250watt red cfls and for a bit of personnal in a small growdrobe there pretty good... 7 dry onze's rom 4 plants cant be sniffed at ...

Dave

Edited by davemarx, 07 March 2010 - 01:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users