• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 killpigeons1

killpigeons1

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hi was just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy some guerilla gold seeds because i have heard they would be great for outdoor grows. i live in north scotland and would also like to know if these seeds would be as ideal as i have gathered they would be from my research.

Thank You

killpigeons1

#2 Indicaderek

Indicaderek

Stoned to the Bone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

Check your PM's KP1 :unsure:

As for suitablity at your lat: they should do ok imo other people have reported some mould issues though iirc

Edited by Indicaderek, 16 February 2010 - 11:53 PM.

And the earth brought forth grass and herb and god saw that it was good!! Genesis 1:12

"Do not suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberty by any pretences of politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three names for hypocrisy, chicanery, and cowardice." John Adams, 1789

First outdoor grow 2009: The learning curve.
Second attempt 2010: Experience brings efficiency.

#3 dheen

dheen

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

Check your PM's KP1 :clapping:

As for suitablity at your lat: they should do ok imo other people have reported some mould issues though iirc

From what i've heard and seen, GG grows fine in our climate although mould may be a problem as the plant was made to grow well in canada, with our wetter climate. MOULD MAY PROSPER!

(im way way way too hiigh raaaa nowwww)

#4 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Yes, GG can have some mold issues late in flower, if it's excessively damp, although some phenos seem to be much more resistant. It would become an excellent strain for the UK if these mold resistant phenos are inbred for a generation or two. I know a guy in finland who grows GG at 63N, so it will finish ok up north. I also know of another finnish grower who grew danish passion at 62N, last year and the results looked fantastic. Ordinarily, GG would finish quite abit earlier than DP but once you go way up north, there seems to be much less difference. In northern scotland, I think DP might be a better option and it has good mold resistance. Also have a look at the Charger at the place that sells the GG, as it will finish quite abit earlier than GG, even up north. Alternatively you could get Early Wonder Skunk, which is what lends the earliness to the Charger and which has been grown successfully at 63N.

Edited by gunnaknow, 17 February 2010 - 08:11 PM.

#5 redfox30

redfox30

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:09 AM

Guerilla Gold is an extremely early and semi-autoflowering hybrid that is suitable for northern outdoor growers or any outdoor grower looking for an early harvest of potent buds.Guerilla Gold are fairly short and will usually remain under 3.5 feet tall. Guerilla Gold tends to grow a large main cola with short and chunky branching. Therefore, these plants can be grown fairly close together with success. Guerilla Gold has proven to be resistant to mold and many insects. Under full sun, the buds will become quite dense and will eventually become absolutely coated in white trichomes.

#6 Punk

Punk

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:10 PM

Guerilla Gold is an extremely early and semi-autoflowering hybrid that is suitable for northern outdoor growers or any outdoor grower looking for an early harvest of potent buds.Guerilla Gold are fairly short and will usually remain under 3.5 feet tall. Guerilla Gold tends to grow a large main cola with short and chunky branching. Therefore, these plants can be grown fairly close together with success. Guerilla Gold has proven to be resistant to mold and many insects. Under full sun, the buds will become quite dense and will eventually become absolutely coated in white trichomes.

that reads like a seed banks own review.have you grown gg?

#7 legalise

legalise

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

that reads like a seed banks own review.have you grown gg?

Yes its the seed banks review. But these guys are legit, don't bullshit (bend the truth) about hight/flowering times etc.
Early Gorilla Grow 2010

"Instead of a war on poverty, they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me" - Tupac Shakur

#8 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

No, they don't bullshit at all, they are very honest and have a good rep. The only thing that needs to be taken into consideration is that it has been bred in southern manitoba, which is quite dry, so the description on mold resistance is relative to their climate. It does have some mold resistance but our level of rainfall and RH is pretty extreme and it's therefore not going to have the same level of resistance as some of the dutch or danish strains that have acclimitized to this region.

However, there are some phenos that have very good mold resistance, which can be used to make a UK acclimitized strain. It's just that these haven't been exclusively selected for by the breeders because of the more favourable climate in southern Manitoba. I'd recommend getting some GG, pollenating the lower branches of each female and keeping only the seeds from the plants that had the least mold come harvest time. You can also use GG as it is to bring down the time of larger, later strains that have good mold resistance.

Edited by gunnaknow, 18 February 2010 - 05:16 PM.

#9 legalise

legalise

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

No, they don't bullshit at all, they are very honest and have a good rep. The only thing that needs to be taken into consideration is that it has been bred in southern manitoba, which is quite dry, so the description on mold resistance is relative to their climate. It does have some mold resistance but our level of rainfall and RH is pretty extreme and it's therefore not going to have the same level of resistance as some of the dutch or danish strains that have acclimitized to this region.

However, there are some phenos that have very good mold resistance, which can be used to make a UK acclimitized strain. It's just that these haven't been exclusively selected for by the breeders because of the more favourable climate in southern Manitoba. I'd recommend getting some GG, pollenating the lower branches of each female and keeping only the seeds from the plants that had the least mold come harvest time. You can also use GG as it is to bring down the time of larger, later strains that have good mold resistance.

Ah i never thought of the mould resistance describing their dryer climate... lol

i'm planning on breeding some MM with a classic Uk strain (probably passion #1) - should be a great mix lol

Legalise
Early Gorilla Grow 2010

"Instead of a war on poverty, they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me" - Tupac Shakur

#10 dheen

dheen

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

Is it just me or do some canadian seedbank's strains give anyone else semi-ons? DAM OUR DAMP HUMID CLIMATE

#11 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

i'm planning on breeding some MM with a classic Uk strain (probably passion #1) - should be a great mix :unsure:

Legalise

You could always get danish gold, which is guerilla gold x danish passion. Danish passion is passion #1 that has been acclimitized to the danish climate and crossed with skunk #1 along the way. Danish gold would probably be very similar to MM x passion #1.

Edited by gunnaknow, 18 February 2010 - 07:19 PM.

#12 legalise

legalise

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

i'm planning on breeding some MM with a classic Uk strain (probably passion #1) - should be a great mix :smug:

Legalise

You could always get danish gold, which is guerilla gold x danish passion. Danish passion is passion #1 that has been acclimitized to the danish climate and crossed with skunk #1 along the way. Danish gold would probably be very similar to MM x passion #1.

Probably would be a nice strain mate, but i've always fancied testing my skills as an amature breeder :wink:

Besides, i'm looking for a more "pure" strain, i know GG has a lot of strains thrown in (inlcuding MM). Plus it would be nice to have some genetics to call my own :D

Good to hear that the concept works though, i think i'll look into danish gold.

cheers, Legalise
Early Gorilla Grow 2010

#13 vape head

vape head

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

most of the gg strains are worth a run i reckon.

Trying gg3 this year did gg2 last and was lovely candy floss smelling smoke. The very auto shorter earlier phenos are very mold prone of gg2 but don't think its avaliable now.

Interested to see how peeps do with these

#14 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

Candy floss? Each pheno smells abit different, so you can end up with all kinds of combinations of flavor. Most smell like sour fruits with meaty, greasy, musky notes. There is one type that smells almost exactly like grapefruits after a cure.

#15 Elephant Face

Elephant Face

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2730 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

Only did a few and one was very candy floss sweet smelling, mayby that was grapefruit type, only finished a few as friend killed a load by drying out when young. Smaller autoflower pheno was very differnt and much more prone to mold with our experience.

VH / EF
EF seeing what Asia has to offer. Laos - Thailand - Cambodia - Vietnam - http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=203245[/url]
EF Treks Nepal - http://www.uk420.com...pic=284897&st=0
EF In North India - http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=285029
EF in South India - http://www.uk420.com...4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users