79 replies to this topic

#1 Mono

Mono

Closet Pharmer

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5715 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

I have looked at and considered the following....

Herbalaire...seems to do everything, not bad price.

Volcano Classic, as above, bit more pricey though, is it worth the extra?

Arizer v-tower...looks pretty nice again, will it do balloons?

TBH not sure I want to smoke from baloons, can I just puff "on-demand" from these if I want?

I gonna do hash, on a bed of ash, so burn a bit of bud in there just mainly to get an ash base, then mostly I'll be smoking bubble in it.

I know a lot of people love the Volcano, do the other 2 have any fans? Antone used any and NOT liked them, I'm not on about people not liking vapeing, just not liking the product.

Monk...x

#2 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Calm ? I'm fucking Zen !!!!!!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9235 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

I'm a Volcano man myself but having recently tried a Herbalaire I've got to say there are many advantages that has. What about a Veerdamper ?
Linux - Because Micro$oft is for capitalists running DOS

#3 Mono

Mono

Closet Pharmer

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5715 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

I looked at it felix yeah, looks like it take up a lot of space, and seems to be a bit easy to knock over.. :v: Have you tried one? Are they really good? Better than the Volcano....

Thanks for your input, yeah i can't see what the volc does that the herbelaire can't? Just a reliability thing I guess, I know people rate the Volc fr its reliability as much as anything..

Monk....x

#4 Mr Mullen

Mr Mullen

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

• Team UK420
  • 8504 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hello,

If i could afford the large Verdamper i would get that IMO, Tried it for a morning in Sheeba cafe in Dam  :v: ...

I prefer it to a Volcano because it was more like a bong...

The Herbalaire was a lovely the smoke the other day, Nice and satisfying :( .

But the Verdamper every day if i had the cash.

Mrm :v:

Edited by Mr Mullen, 10 February 2010 - 07:11 PM.

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

UK420 - Together We Grow Stronger.
Posted Image Subscribe & Support The Site.

#5 _weedmonsta_

_weedmonsta_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

my mate just bought me a vapourstar combo... which is the vapourstar itself, a small glass bong and a wooden box.... ok so you have to heat it with a lighter but its only 30 quid... and from what i see you get loads of hits from a small ammount of green

#6 joba

joba

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

Eagle bill was awarded few years ago at the cannabis cup,personally had vapir for a while,could recommended but compare to price and fuss eagle bill wins

#7 vince noir rock n roll star

vince noir rock n roll star

slip ons or brogues either way we shall know

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13959 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

i highly rate the herbal aire 2.1 ..direct draw and bag for a hundred less than the cano ..small and cute it fucks you up or gets you motivated just choose the temp
It went to bollocks pages ago, then hit the anus running and is now somewhere around the colon. boojum 10/2010
http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=221494 the diy under a fiver pollinator now poke it with a stick ,if it moves ..fuck it and eat it .sweet seeds 2009/10 competition grow .with no effort http://www.uk420.com...pic=185904sweet seeds 2011 competition grow possibly the greatest grow diary of all time http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=240612 its all about the mrs hazys hoohoo extravanganza

#8 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Calm ? I'm fucking Zen !!!!!!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9235 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

I looked at it felix yeah, looks like it take up a lot of space, and seems to be a bit easy to knock over.. :yep: Have you tried one? Are they really good? Better than the Volcano....

I've not tried one myself but everyone I've spoken that has rates them highly

Thanks for your input, yeah i can't see what the volc does that the herbelaire can't? Just a reliability thing I guess, I know people rate the Volc fr its reliability as much as anything..

Monk....x

Variability is where the Herbalaire beats the Volcano, as you can attach your own pump you can fit a variable one which lets you adjust the airflow as well as the temp, also the Herbalaire has better temp control apparently. The Volcano definitely has a better bag system though :eek:
Linux - Because Micro$oft is for capitalists running DOS

#9 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27669 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

I'm not a fan of vaporizers to be honest but by far the best I have tried is the Verdamper

Bit big but pack away nicely, and are well made

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#10 Dropout

Dropout

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3797 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

I was in same position as you. I went for the volcano because of the long guarantee and I knew many people loved it. Great for passing the bag about with friends and I also liked it because I could sit with the bag whilst typing and toke when I wanted much like a joint.

The Verpdamper does look great and it may of been my first choice if buying one now (were not around when I bought mine).

So many vape seem great.... when Im a millionaire this time next year (rodders) Im going to buy them all!!!

Weeds

#11 Mono

Mono

Closet Pharmer

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5715 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Just been looking at a Swiss one, Element, looks nice, but not sure it very variable.....

I'm torn.

Thanks for all the input.

Gonna have to sleep on this agian for a couple more nights.....

SO, the Verdamper is I think regarded as the best for smoking, but it's not adjustable.....

SO, is there really any need for an adjustor?

Is the 200 degree temp they use the optimum temp anyway, I must admit when I had vapes befre i found the lower temps a bit underwhelming, but that was when I was smoking spliffs with baccy.........And i thought that the higher temps are near enough combusting the tars etc anyway....lol

I can't see myself using a vape on those low settings....

But is the high setting actual smoke?

Thinking aloud now, ta

Thanks again for all your words :)

Monk...x

#12 vince noir rock n roll star

vince noir rock n roll star

slip ons or brogues either way we shall know

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13959 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:44 PM

it all depends on the type of high you want ..i can pop an indica in the bery and set it on 170 and get a motivated light daytime buzz or pop it up to 400 and get a couchlock dribble stone ..the added advantage is so little herb is needed plus you taste the weed fully ..but i still crave a j after a bag ..

oh and a full on bag of thick vape at 400 f is not smoke ..its vapour alright

Edited by vince noir rock n roll star, 10 February 2010 - 09:47 PM.

It went to bollocks pages ago, then hit the anus running and is now somewhere around the colon. boojum 10/2010
http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=221494 the diy under a fiver pollinator now poke it with a stick ,if it moves ..fuck it and eat it .sweet seeds 2009/10 competition grow .with no effort http://www.uk420.com...pic=185904sweet seeds 2011 competition grow possibly the greatest grow diary of all time http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=240612 its all about the mrs hazys hoohoo extravanganza

#13 Mono

Mono

Closet Pharmer

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5715 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

oh and a full on bag of thick vape at 400 f is not smoke ..its vapour alright

Ta mate!

#14 Dropout

Dropout

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3797 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

On the volcano classic I use it at 6 (190c) for a nice motivated high, 7+ for a heavier high & at 9 to catch friends out and waste them. A vaporiser never produces smoke at it doesnt get to combustion temps, hence it is still vapor but it feels much heavier on the lungs, still I know of a few people who like it like that (Keye I think?)

200 would be around 7 on a classic so that would be a nice setting if you could only have one.

I also have an iolite but it is not a patch on the volcano or most of the other vapes mentioned BUT it is great for out and about as an extra purchase.

Weeds

EDIT: I never crave a joint after a vape.

Edited by Weedsmoker, 10 February 2010 - 09:59 PM.

#15 cypher79

cypher79

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

I'm planning on getting one of those Arizer V-Towers, never heard a bad review about them, and you get the option of bag or whip :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users