20 replies to this topic

#1 roll_on

roll_on

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

hey everyone,

im unsure whether to post in this section because i dont really know whether my coco medium would be classed under hydro?

im using canna coco product with coco A and B feed, rhizotonic, cannazym and the grow schedule that canna offers.

i have a 600w hps in a 1.2m x 1.2 grow tent fully light proof with 5x cheese cuttings in 50 litre pots!

i have a couple of questions for you all because im still fairly new to the game so please bare with me.

1) my PH of my feed is sitting around 6.7 should i adjust the PH before feeding? and if so what PH

2) i was told using larger pots eg. my 50 litre ones would allow for a much larger plant with increased yield. 8oz yield per plant ive been told.

3) also ive heard that when vegging you allow for 1 week veg per litre of pot size?? so 50 week veg for a 50 litre pot? maybe im missing something.. but i know somebody that yielded 8oz plants in 50 litre pots with only a few week veg?

any help would be appreciated, thanks :spliff:

#2 _p&q_

_p&q_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hello mate,

1 = Add nutes and ph it last. You want a ph of between 5.8 & 6.2.

2 = Will 5x50 litre pots fit in your space? far too big mate,50 week veg with cheese..no chance!

3 = Its probally possible to get 8 oz per plant but only 2 plants Id guess in that space.

With coco mate yes your growing in a hydro setup,have a look thro my last two diarys to see how busy youll space will get.

I also use a 600 in 4x4 (dr 120)

Vegging,with the headroom you have Id be aiming to veg them too around 18-20 inches before flowering.

Remember they double sometimes trebble in height once flowering begins.

Goodluck fella.

p&q

Edited by p&q, 08 January 2010 - 09:59 AM.

#3 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

1) the ph should be 6.2 max(if i remember correctly)
2) the bigger the root system the more vigour your plants will show, so if the pot is bigger and you allow the rootball to develop sufficiently your yield could be bigger
3) never heard about the 1 wk veg for every litre of pot size, i have seen plants give off 9oz after a month of veggin, but they had the most amount of lighting available, if its any comaprison i would fit 16 plants in your tent using wilmas, veg for 10 days from clones and with a 600w lamp expect 1/2kilo dried, its more about grammes per watt than ounces per plant, good luck with your endeavour

Edited by Owderb, 08 January 2010 - 10:00 AM.

the definition of democracy is" two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"
the definition of "liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote"

#4 roll_on

roll_on

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

hey guys,

thanks for the fast replys really appreciate it..

the 50 litre pots are like floppy plastering buckets they arent super rigid so they fit in well and my mate did around 8 plants i think it was in tent

twice the size of mine and got 8 oz off each not sure if it was 7 or 8 plants tho. but hes too secretive about his grow doesnt want any competition :unsure:

ive not heard about the wilmas thing is this some kind of technique? ill read up on it.. but if i was to keep the setup i have now u reckon around 4 week of veg would be sufficient for a large enough root ball?

cheers

#5 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27794 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

Have a bit of a read on the site mate on what pot sizes to use cos what you have been told up to yet is way off i'm afraid

I grow in coco and can yield 7oz from a far smaller pot than 50ltrs

How big the pots you use are deciphered on how you grow them

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#6 zaaboot

zaaboot

Watch out for those Museums

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2179 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

with a 600w lamp expect 1/2kilo dried, its more about grammes per watt than ounces per plant, good luck with your endeavour

Thats fair - stuffing loads of massive pots in to a small space will nto increase yield - in essence base it around the wattage you have.
you only veg as long as you need to, if they are cuts they are ready to flower once they root, but in reality, base when you flip to flower on the height of your room. Take in to account the distance you need from the lamp so as not to burn the tops when they get too high.

For what its worth, i would go for 4 to 6 plants in that space, top a couple of time and htey will fill out that space more than enough
My gnome tells me what to write as I have no idea what this is all about and thats the reality not what I say or post...

small ScrOG
Big ScrOG

level of "patriotism" is inversely proportional to command of the language
"Sam-I-Am 2010"

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac."

#7 _p&q_

_p&q_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

These are 5 cuts of wich x2 are cheese,I vegged them for around 5 weeks,3 weeks under a 125wt enviro & 2 under a 600hps.

They are in 11 litre pots & it might just give you a better Idea,Ive also grown 13 in the same space with a 3 week veg in 6.5 litre pots = jungle.

p&q

Attached Files

#8 bluesbud

bluesbud

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

I dont mean to sound funny but everyone goes on about the amount of weed they gonna get off there grow, basically all plants are diffrent just like humans (if you think about it) tall short fat slim, if you ask a pregnant woman what her baby is going to turn out she wont have a clue same with seeds or cuttings, best thing to do is care for your plant giving it the best enviroment you can this will give the root system a greater chance of providing top qualitiy bud.

Phrase: more is less

the more you get off a plant the less likely it is going to be potent, and the less you get the more potent it will be if grown correctly.

Personally i use seeds to get best result veg for 4 weeks to a 12inches or a bit over clip the tops to make it bush out rather than tall and usally harvest at 8-9weeks after flowering which takes the plant to about 3-3.5 feet i usally get about 4oz of each plant i know this aint alot compared to others but its quality not quanitity im after

Thanks

#9 roll_on

roll_on

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

ok thanks for the replys dudes,

atleast the 7-8 oz yield is realistic i may have been off a little with the pot size but atleast my yields wasnt totally out of the window

so with the grammes per watt thing ur saying 1/2 a kilo for my 600 watt lamp so with my 5 plants if i left em in the pots there in i could get around 3.6 oz per plant. would that be more realistic?

my mate had a lot more lights than me for 8oz a plant too he had atleast 3 lights, 2x600w 1x 1000w maybe 8 plants my calcs would put him spot on 8oz i guess then :unsure:

oh and this stuff was the PENG :rofl:

just adding that im also using these heat guard things on the lamps so the plants can sit closer and theres plenty of ventialtion

Edited by roll_on, 08 January 2010 - 10:34 AM.

#10 KC

KC

Fruity Cargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4659 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

the more you get off a plant the less likely it is going to be potent, and the less you get the more potent it will be if grown correctly.

I grow the same strain in different sized pots with different vegging times, obviously they yield different amounts, but i've never noticed a difference in potency :unsure:

Not sure how you came to that conclusion
, “What is repulsive about a relationship where both partners feel and express love for each other? I know what I'm talking about here because after we made love, the dolphin put her snout on my shoulder, embraced me with her flippers and we stared into each others' eyes for about a minute.” -Brenner

#11 _hantshaze_

_hantshaze_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

I grow the same strain in different sized pots with different vegging times, obviously they yield different amounts, but i've never noticed a difference in potency :rofl:

nore me!

Hantshaze.............. :unsure:

#12 bluesbud

bluesbud

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

I grow the same strain in different sized pots with different vegging times, obviously they yield different amounts, but i've never noticed a difference in potency :unsure:

Usually a smaller plant with a good root system provides more nutrient to the plant, if it is smaller than obivously the nutrient dont have that much to travel hence more nutrient following through the plant, larger it is the more time it takes to travel around the plant,

One more thing to remember is if you plant is tall when vegging, the bottom buds dont get enough light and stay small, where as if you have a bushy plant than light spreads across and light is close overall

This is my theroy obviously if you have vegged at diffrent times and used diffrent pots and got the potency than cant argue with that

thanks

#13 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27794 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

Usually a smaller plant with a good root system provides more nutrient to the plant, if it is smaller than obivously the nutrient dont have that much to travel hence more nutrient following through the plant, larger it is the more time it takes to travel around the plant,

Which has nothing to do with potency mate

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#14 bluesbud

bluesbud

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Which has nothing to do with potency mate

Owd

Oh

thanks for correcting me

#15 roll_on

roll_on

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

These are 5 cuts of wich x2 are cheese,I vegged them for around 5 weeks,3 weeks under a 125wt enviro & 2 under a 600hps.

They are in 11 litre pots & it might just give you a better Idea,Ive also grown 13 in the same space with a 3 week veg in 6.5 litre pots = jungle.

p&q

hey p&q,

ive moved my 5 cuttings into a larger tent of my mates they're already too far into veg to remove from the larger pots were going to just flower r them out and see how it goes.

so i decided to start germing 10 seeds i had for a while now ( 7 amnesia haze and 3 bbbc) if all these seeds germed properly and i was to fit them into my small tent what size pots u think i should go for? 10 plants in a 1.2x1.2x2m tent. something similar to your 6.5l jungle?

anyone else is welcome to answer, cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users