• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tom o'rite

tom o'rite

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

This is a Green Devil from Tiki growing in a 20(?) litre pot in a garden. Been on Biobizz G&B plus seaweed extract with Essence whenever anything fungal has cropped up. She's looking fine and it seems she's very close to chopping.

The weather is going downhill and rain is forecast for the rest of the week. She doesn't get wet when it rains as she goes under a canopy, but she also doesn't get much sunlight there and I don't think there will be a moment's proper sunlight for the rest of the week. Rain forecast every day. Daytime temps are around 14 degrees, night goes down to about 8-10.

Trichs are almost all cloudy with a very few yellow / amber and a few clear.

The question is this: do you reckon the calyxes will swell any more if she goes a bit longer, or should she come down now?

I hope these pics are clear enough, and thanks for looking.

Tom

Untitled_1.jpg

Untitled_2.jpg

Untitled_3.jpg

Untitled_4.jpg

Untitled_5.jpg

Edited by tom o'rite, 21 October 2009 - 12:06 PM.

#2 smeagol

smeagol

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2674 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

if theres no sign of budrot i'd leave em .. forecast down south has improved with sunny periods today and light rain with some sun tomorrow and fri .. don't where you are but good luck whatever you decide .. :)

#3 victor1

victor1

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

This is a Green Devil from Tiki growing in a 20(?) litre pot in a garden. Been on Biobizz G&B plus seaweed extract with Essence whenever anything fungal has cropped up. She's looking fine and it seems she's very close to chopping.

The weather is going downhill and rain is forecast for the rest of the week. She doesn't get wet when it rains as she goes under a canopy, but she also doesn't get much sunlight there and I don't think there will be a moment's proper sunlight for the rest of the week. Rain forecast every day. Daytime temps are around 14 degrees, night goes down to about 8-10.

Trichs are almost all cloudy with a very few yellow / amber and a few clear.

The question is this: do you reckon the calyxes will swell any more if she goes a bit longer, or should she come down now?

I hope these pics are clear enough, and thanks for looking.

Tom

Tom if you think they are near the mark and you have the place to do it then you might want to give them a black out for a couple of days before you chop them as it can fool them into thinking its amagedon and they have a spurt before its to late.

They look about ready to me

Edited by victor1, 21 October 2009 - 02:10 PM.

Thanks for Looking in and feel free to comment, i need all the help i can get

Victor1

My Current Grow

Mazzar in Pots

#4 tom o'rite

tom o'rite

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

if theres no sign of budrot i'd leave em .. forecast down south has improved with sunny periods today and light rain with some sun tomorrow and fri .. don't where you are but good luck whatever you decide .. lol

Thanks, I think I'm going to hold on a few more days if the weather holds... I am South, fingers crossed.

Tom if you think they are near the mark and you have the place to do it then you might want to give them a black out for a couple of days before you chop them as it can fool them into thinking its amagedon and they have a spurt before its to late.

They look about ready to me

Cheers Victor. I think this'll be plan B if the rain starts hammering down...

Is it normal that calyxes outdoor don't swell as much as they would indoor? I am guessing it could be a reaction to low temperature and light levels wheras indoors the gullible ladies would believe they were reaching the end of October with temperatures still in the high 20s.

#5 tom o'rite

tom o'rite

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:43 AM

Would it be worth taking her in and giving her the benefit of 400w of HPS in the daytime for 2-3 days? Kind of like a sunbed to top up the holiday tan. I think it can be arranged.

Edited by tom o'rite, 22 October 2009 - 12:47 AM.

#6 victor1

victor1

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

Would it be worth taking her in and giving her the benefit of 400w of HPS in the daytime for 2-3 days? Kind of like a sunbed to top up the holiday tan. I think it can be arranged.

If the wheather is really dull it probably would help if they are smaller plants but i think outside is always better especiallyy if they are a bit bigger

Victor1

My Current Grow

Mazzar in Pots

#7 tom o'rite

tom o'rite

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

If the wheather is really dull it probably would help if they are smaller plants but i think outside is always better especiallyy if they are a bit bigger

Cheers Victor, the sun has actually decided to show its face and we're not getting any of the forecast rain so she's getting another day or two. Very nearly done now, and the calyxes are visibly fatter than at the start of the week. Happy times.

#8 victor1

victor1

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

Cheers Victor, the sun has actually decided to show its face and we're not getting any of the forecast rain so she's getting another day or two. Very nearly done now, and the calyxes are visibly fatter than at the start of the week. Happy times.

i have just checked mine in the shed and they have definatly swollen overnight and through today, they have been in there for 24hrs now so another 24 and i will harvest them they are starting to wilt now as they havent had any water for 3 days so tommoroow i will have a little more to ad to the jar

Victor1

My Current Grow

Mazzar in Pots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users