6 replies to this topic

#1 beeman

beeman

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

hey guys,

ive jst started setting up my new grow room, which will have a clone/vegging room and a flowering room.
Im planning on getting a constant harvest by taking a clone every week.
but i cant work out how many plants i will have rooting, vegging and flowering at one time?
too many spliffs i think! :B):
can anyone help?

#2 dogzilla

dogzilla

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

To get a harvest every week you just have to put a new plant into your grow room every week.

So if you say an average of 9 weeks flower, that means you will need 8 plants in there.

For example if you vegg'ed rooted clones for 3 weeks and flowered for 9...

Week 1: Put clone into veg box. Repeat for weeks 2 and 3. Start of week 4 you would put your first clone into the flower box. Rinse and repeat until week 12/13 and you harvest your first plant, and then continue every week thereafter.

Does that make sense?

#3 mokum777

mokum777

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1396 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

if you grow, for example, an 8 week flowering strain, and want to harvest a plant a week, you need a mother, that can supply a cutting a week, some veg time, and a flowering room capable of taking 8 plants. every week you move one matured plant out of the flowering room, and another fresh cutting in. its similar to the system described in the book tricameral sinsemillia, by mick marlow.

#4 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27909 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

Would be a pain the arse, some will be 8-10 weeks in and at least one will be 1 day in so each individual plant will have different needs(nutrient wise)

You could have plants god knows how much taller than others so they will need elevating then adjusted accordingly

Good luck mate, sooner you than me

Owd

Edited by Owderb, 29 September 2009 - 11:16 PM.

Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#5 beeman

beeman

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

if you grow, for example, an 8 week flowering strain, and want to harvest a plant a week, you need a mother, that can supply a cutting a week, some veg time, and a flowering room capable of taking 8 plants. every week you move one matured plant out of the flowering room, and another fresh cutting in. its similar to the system described in the book tricameral sinsemillia, by mick marlow.

Cheers guys totally makes sense now thank for ya help :yinyang:

#6 Relativity

Relativity

Crying like Gullfoss

• PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

Just remember that a perpetual harvest system screams 'sophisticated' and 'factory' and 'commercial' in the eyes of the law...
Till fame and love, to nothingness do sink....

#7 GreenNinja

GreenNinja

TheLunaticIsOnTheGrass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

Beeman - that's exactly how I do it....one new plant in a week. It's MUCH easier working with 8 clones from the same mother than say 8 seeds for many obvious reasons (reg seeds unsexed, unknown flowering times, just different genetics).

The downsides are you can get bored of smoking the same strain for months and you need to keep plants vegging at different heights (no adjustable plant stands on the market, so it means raising plants to the light with pots underneath).

It's probably more practical on a logistics level to run the room as two halves, flowering 4 at a time in two batches, so that you can harvest each month....but it's really up to you as to what you want to smoke as that'll help make the decision for you.

GN
My Diaries: (1) MiniSogging it, 1gm/watt (2) Multistrain inc. KS, OT, Straw Bubba, SSSDH, Santa Maria, Blue Cheese
Cannaplanna - an excel grow tracker...free, macro free and 100% safe. Plan your grows so that you're never without

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users