143 replies to this topic

#1 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

This Root Stimulant from Plant Magic is excellent value for money.

Once applied it will stimulate the biological activity around the plants root zones leading to explosive, healthy, strong root development. These treated plants will also benefit by having a greater resistance to stress from lack of water, heat/cold or transplantation.

There are 3 main ingredients that makes this product stand out from the rest……..

Firstly a high quality humate is used. This is an excellent source for being involved in the uptake of nutrients by plants, microbial activity and the cycling of nutrients.

Secondly we add Amino Acids. It is important to note that these are the fundamental building blocks of Proteins, these Proteins can be absorbed directly and readily via the roots or Stoma (the pores in the leaves), certain metals can bind to these blocks allowing the plant to absorb these immediately. This allows the plant to receive these important elements quickly and efficiently.

Lastly we add seaweed. This works in two ways, firstly it gives a boost of micro nutrients (see the catalyst description for more details), this helps the plant to grow stronger and faster. Secondly it releases a surge of natural plant hormones. By feeding these hormones to the plant means that it does not have to make them allowing the plant to grow stronger and faster.

Edited by plantmagic, 29 July 2009 - 01:19 PM.

#2 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

Hi 181,

Yes the root stim is more expensive than the nutrient, but is £10 cheaper than a certain organic dutch one and £5 cheaper than another dutch one :spliff:

I have a chart, hopefully I'll have someone re-size it for me so I can pin it in this section at some point.

To begin with just 2.5ml / L will be sufficient for small clones, seedlings or stressed plants, this can be increased as the plants become established.

Doesn't necessarily have to be used during the fruiting stage except for the first two weeks or so, just to establish a good healthy root mass before the fruits start to show.

#3 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Feel the Oneness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

Can this be used in an 'organic' grow?

Thanks in advance
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - Martin Luther King Jr.
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender." - Tupac Amaru Shakur
Grow Diary - Blues

#4 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

does it make the PH rise much when you add it to the nute tank ?
also is it best to use with nutes with a low EC or is it OK with a higher EC levels ?

Edited by NMW, 10 August 2009 - 08:55 AM.

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#5 ani

ani

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

This Root Stimulant from Plant Magic is excellent value for money.

Once applied it will stimulate the biological activity around the plants root zones leading to explosive, healthy, strong root development. These treated plants will also benefit by having a greater resistance to stress from lack of water, heat/cold or transplantation.

There are 3 main ingredients that makes this product stand out from the rest……..

Firstly a high quality humate is used. This is an excellent source for being involved in the uptake of nutrients by plants, microbial activity and the cycling of nutrients.

Secondly we add Amino Acids. It is important to note that these are the fundamental building blocks of Proteins, these Proteins can be absorbed directly and readily via the roots or Stoma (the pores in the leaves), certain metals can bind to these blocks allowing the plant to absorb these immediately. This allows the plant to receive these important elements quickly and efficiently.

Lastly we add seaweed. This works in two ways, firstly it gives a boost of micro nutrients (see the catalyst description for more details), this helps the plant to grow stronger and faster. Secondly it releases a surge of natural plant hormones. By feeding these hormones to the plant means that it does not have to make them allowing the plant to grow stronger and faster.

Hi there, do you recommend using a root stimulant or is it ok not to? A question I'm not too sure on, thanks in advance for your help :-)

#6 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Can this be used in an 'organic' grow?

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Unfortunately this Root Stimulant is not certified organic. But that being said two of the four ingredients are certified as being organic. So I would feel bad to tell you that it is fine to use in an organic garden when not all the ingredients are certified as organic. There are no nasty chemicals in the make-up of this though, if that helps at all?

does it make the PH rise much when you add it to the nute tank ?
also is it best to use with nutes with a low EC or is it OK with a higher EC levels ?

Yes it does increase the ph a bit. When using just bare in mind that it does contain a bit of seaweed and humate, so perfect at lower EC values and just be sure to watch closely at higher values. So I guess what I am saying is that it is ok to use at higher EC values but just tread cautiously i.e. maybe use 2.5ml; per litre rather than 5ml per litre :yep:

Hi there, do you recommend using a root stimulant or is it ok not to? A question I'm not too sure on, thanks in advance for your help :-)

Maybe a question to ask on the main boards somewhere to gain a total unbiased opinion :wassnnme:

What I believe is that a Root Stim is not by any means a necessity or a must have tool when growing any kind of fruit or vegetable. What it does do though is stimulate root growth and feed the plant hormones in a soluable form, this will create more rapid top end growth and the roots will be healthy, bigger and grow faster when fed the correct dosages. In turn having these benefits may lead to potting on times being reduced significantly and get your crop into it's fruiting stage a lot quicker.

#7 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37820 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

lol
This stuff made me laugh early this morning. Yesterday morning I thought my four Killer Skunk seedlings looked a bit down in the dumps. I've noticed it before with seedlings, they go so far then seem to pause and think about life for a week or two before getting their arses into gear. Sort of a "teenage Blues" period for ganja? lol
Anyhooohah, there I was facing a choice - leave the blightahs be for a week knowing they would then pick up and get a shuffle on, or try a bit of Root Stim. Hmmm. lol So I gave them a dose.
Its done what it said on the tin! When I looked in this morning they were rattling along like nobody's business. Leaves all up and at attention, and all showing a nice shiney silky sort of green look. Just the ticket! Seems like this stuff is a bit of a kick up the arse, then. Jolly good show, another damned useful tool in the cupboard lol

#8 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7469 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

i agree

used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago after moving weak/immature looking plants into 15lt pots, gave the compost a good drenching after, then two days later used as a spray after a bit of trimming and the plants look a lot stronger all round..

link - Cannabis shown to reduce invasiveness of cancer - National Cancer Institute

The lethal dose ratio (LD-50) for cannabis is estimated to be around 1:20,000 to 1:40,000 which means you have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in one cannabis joint to induce death. This means you would have to consume something like 1,500 lbs in 15 minutes to induce a lethal response. There are no known fatalities from the substance and it is considered non- toxic...

...''First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
Mahatma Ghandi

#9 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

on trying some myself at the mo seems good stuff shame about the smell :rolleyes: eggy smell to me it stinks but seems goods stuff much better than rhizotonic i am liking the hydro food too its out performing canna and hesi :mashed: in early veg stage but still early days but i am liking the plant magic stuff so far

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#10 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7469 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

:rolleyes: it does fecking reek!

im dreading the day i knock some over, its gunna happen, i knows it

link - Cannabis shown to reduce invasiveness of cancer - National Cancer Institute

The lethal dose ratio (LD-50) for cannabis is estimated to be around 1:20,000 to 1:40,000 which means you have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in one cannabis joint to induce death. This means you would have to consume something like 1,500 lbs in 15 minutes to induce a lethal response. There are no known fatalities from the substance and it is considered non- toxic...

...''First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
Mahatma Ghandi

#11 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7469 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

it made my clones root faster too :eek:

soaked those pellet things in it

and used it to mist

Mahatma Ghandi

#12 shafty420

shafty420

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

spilt my bottle of biobizz root juice this morning so after hearing good reviews will put in an order

#13 kif004

kif004

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

2wks into vegging from seedling + plants are looking good. I started them in root riot cubes before potting up into 4" pots containing B&Q Seedling mix + 10% vermiculite with a protective layer on top to stop soil compacting. I used PM+ granules, but not sure how peat + chemicals in compost reduce it's efficacy. Same with Root Stim. which I'm feeding them daily @ 3ml per litre.

I'm gonna introduce some bio-silicon 'tonight'; Grow in a couple of weeks if they need it + then Bloom.

To get the max from these products would u recommend an organic peat-free compost when I next pot up; or is B&Q MP Ok?

Edited by kif004, 07 February 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#14 farmer boy

farmer boy

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

this is my first time using a root stim and must say i am very impressed ;) top product

peace out farmer boy
get a bigger hammer!

#15 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

Huray! I just received my root stimulant in th post, along with bio-humates I ordered.

Is it just me or does root stim actually curiously smell of farts? I LOVE that smell. Please don't change it!! j/k!

I can't wait 'till they make an organic version. Then i can confidently call my crop 100% organic. I wonder what the non-organic chemicals present in root stimulant are?

Edited by Artificial Emotion, 30 March 2010 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users