is this root stim for hydro ?

#17 Mr Mullen

Mr Mullen

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

• Team UK420
  • 8504 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

is this root stim for hydro ?

Hope so i used to use it in my hydro set up lol...

Mrm lol

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

UK420 - Together We Grow Stronger.
Posted ImageSubscribe & Support The Site.

#18 _Shairiley_

_Shairiley_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

cheers mr mullen gonna order the base nutes and also the bloom boost and root stim gonna give these a try next grow the root stim looks a bargain 5 litres for 60 man the canna rizo is 120 for 5 litres.

#19 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Feel the Oneness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

cheers mr mullen gonna order the base nutes and also the bloom boost and root stim gonna give these a try next grow the root stim looks a bargain 5 litres for 60 man the canna rizo is 120 for 5 litres.

Good point on the price of Canna Rizo though. The Root stim is fantastic, definitely roots to pots faster in compost grow. Prepare yourself for the smell though :smoke:

:yahoo:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - Martin Luther King Jr.
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender." - Tupac Amaru Shakur
Grow Diary - Blues

#20 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:43 AM

I love the smell. It's almost as good as my own farts, but not quite.

#21 areader

areader

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

Just checking if this sounds ok... I've got some root stim and some bio silicon. also some new cuttings in PM soil. Was going to water with root stim on its own, then bio silicon on its own and carry on through veg in that way. Or am I better off mixing the two at each water/feed?

Many Thanks

#22 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

IMHO its better to use separately.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#23 Lorien

Lorien

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

I am thinking of getting a root stimulator...this seems to have a few good reviews so...as I grow in a tent, how much does it smell when poured into the soil?

ta
"I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
- Aliens, CPL Hicks.

Praying for Aliens 1-3 on Blu Ray and for 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' on PS3
Alien Resurrection? "I would rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth" (Mr P. Calf)

#24 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3686 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

It doesn't smell when in the soil, just when you hold the bottle up to your nose.

I thought they were reformulating it and OT1 was doing a trial with the new non-smelly version? Or is it too early?

#25 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

It doesn't smell when in the soil, just when you hold the bottle up to your nose.

I thought they were reformulating it and OT1 was doing a trial with the new non-smelly version? Or is it too early?

Well I don't know the results from other people trialing the new root stims, personally for me I will not know until after my crop yields per type, cure and smoke test, that will be round the end of aug. I'm testing two new root stims against the old root stin and just water, ie four groups of plants. So I'm investigating, what does each do if anything, as far as health through the grow, final yield, smokability and taste and aroma.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#26 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3686 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

OT1 do you get the privilage of being able to work with horticultural scientists on these things? I've always wondered about your involvement in all this (like with the flagship OT1 Bloom and Grow nutes) but not wanted to ask you since I didn't want to upset you. Do you just test the end product (not that that's not enough envolvement, it is)? Don't answer if you don't want to. I'm just very curious.

#27 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

The first rule of growing is:- Tell NO ONE!

So no I don't get directly involved, but I do know many people in the commercial horticultural industry.

I know and like the PM owners, so have tried to help them get going, ie said this or this are good companies to approach as they are leaders in the uk organic field.

On the organic nutrients, I was asked what I would like if I could choose.

To explain why and how I chose:-

Things have changed in the uk since we joined the eu, for a fertiliser to be sold as suitable for organic growing for someone growing food or herbs for sale, there are strict regulations on what can go into the said fertiliser, they have to be approved as organic. The grower has to be organic approved by the likes of the sa or of&g the whole thing is very strict, the amounts and how they are used is controlled.

Pre eu the way it used to be for fertilisers sold as organic for the home grower, was the ingredients had to all be all of organic origin, anything that was not fully organic, ie contained balancing chemical fertilisers could not be called organic, they could be called organically based, an example is that blood fish and bone has murate of potash or sulphate of potash added to balance the n:p:k.

As a note, back then, the blood, bonemeal hoof and horn could come from any animal and be called organic, today to be included in an organic product they would have to be from and organically raised animal, as would any manure used on an organic farm, except in the uk blood, bonemeal products are still excluded because of bse, not sure why as there has never been a case of bse in an organic animal. The blood fish and bone fertilisers sold for the home market today can have any old animal remains, it can not be used in the food production industry.

Since being in the eu fertilisers for home use called organic, has been put in the hands of the fertiliser manufactures to say, its down to them, it seems if a fertiliser contains some organic ingredients topped up with chemicals they get away with saying its an organic fertiliser, or that it is perfect for growing organic vegetables, fruit, tomatoes etc when the organic input may only be a tiny part of the whole. Quite honestly its an unregulated mess when it comes to the home user and something ought to be done about it, I'm not one for regulation, but at the moment the manufactures are taking the piss, riding on the organic boom selling cheap chem/organic mixes as organic at a premium profit.

Going back to the PM organic fertilisers! The spec I gave them was no animal inputs if possible, sourced in the uk, again if possible, the npk+mg ratios I would like to see for grow and bloom. Finally that all the ingredients not only be from the eu approved organic list for organic production for sale, but also approved for use in fertilisers by either the sa or og&f. In other words good enough to be approved by the highest uk organic bodies specifications for organic food production.

Thats what PM did, it took over 18 months, I got to test the test mixes.

Now people say why don't PM have the sa or of&g approval for their organic fertilisers? The sa and of&g approve fertilisers for the production of organic food or herbs grown by their farmer/small holder/ nurseryman members, they are interested in what crops the fertiliser is going to be used for, given the crop if the specific fertiliser a suitable input for that crop or does it require derogation or specific reasons for its use.

While PM's organic grow could usefully be used producing salad crops organically, I can't think of a crop that would use the bloom ratios. PM are unlikely to produce at the volume needed for organic farm production, on top of that the cost of product certification for food production is huge, PM are tiny, I can't see them doing it. As it happens the ingredients used to make PM's OT fertilisers are exactly the same as used by the bulk manufacturer to make both sa and of&g organic approved fertilisers for farm scale use. Only the ratio/formula are different to give the required NPKMg I asked for.

Does that help explain my input?
Q. how do i make seeds?

#28 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3686 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Fantastic response. Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you OT1 and I hope you enjoy the weather this weekend - I certainly am!

#29 Church

Church

Save the Brain Forest

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9937 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

I just bought an Aeropropagator - don't ask! I'd gone in looking for a v small one, and left with a much larger one when he gave me a deal :rofl:

I've now got some freshly taken clones in there, happily being misted.

Could I use root stim at this stage, in the water to encourage them to root faster and better? It's my first go in the aero - I don't mind taking a little risk, but I'd rather not kill all of em :rofl:

They were all dipped in Clonex prior to going into the prop, but I imagine most of that would have been misted off by now.

If so, what sort of amount would I use, bearing in mind they're freshly taken yesterday?

Edited by plantmagic, 30 August 2010 - 10:49 AM.
correct my misspelling lol

"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law." - Martin Luther King Jr

Buy Cannabis Seeds with Attitude - Enter Voucher Code 420 At The Checkout And Get 10% Off Your Order

The Sacred Drobe - Step by Step. Over 100,000 drobers since 2006

#30 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3686 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:34 AM

^ I believe you are not supposed to use PM Root Stim until after root emergence. So, use your 1/2 strength Formulex, or whatever (propagation) nutrient you decide to use but don't add the root stim until you see the roots start to come through. I'm not 100% sure this is correct but this is what is recommended on the back of the PM Root Stim bottle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users