48 replies to this topic

#1 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

This coco range by Plant Magic has been designed to produce rapid, healthy growth. The bloom formula is designed to give large solid fruit sets using our very own unique formula.

This coco range contains your typical NPK’s as well as top quality salts and the best trace elements to ensure maximum ease of uptake by the plant.

What makes this extra unique is two things. Firstly the plants benefit from a second boost of elements in the form of sulphates, these are available to the plant quickly and efficiently aiding the plant to grow stronger, healthier and more vigorously.

Secondly a high quality humate is used. This is an excellent source for being involved in the uptake of nutrients by plants, microbial activity, strong root development and the cycling of nutrients.

As this has been designed for the UK water supply less ph adjustment is needed. Phosphoric acid in any means of consumption is not good, so the less adjustment the better.

Available in 1L, 5 litres or 20 litre

Edited by plantmagic, 29 July 2009 - 01:18 PM.

• Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

This coco range contains your typical NPK's as well as top quality salts and the best trace elements to ensure maximum ease of uptake by the plant.

Would I still need to use canna NPK?

Edited: When will it be available in greens?

Edited by oldman61, 27 July 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#3 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi oldman,

This is a full nutrient containing the correct amount of NPK, so no additional nute would be required, maybe I should have worded it a bit better.

Greens are currently holding stock and I believe it should be live on their website in due course.

:rofl:

• Guests

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

Thanks PM, I love the sound of these nutes and will definitely be giving them a go :unsure: Nice work to you and the team by the way :rofl: :stoned:

Edited by oldman61, 29 July 2009 - 11:15 AM.

#5 GreenNinja

GreenNinja

TheLunaticIsOnTheGrass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Wicked....as soon as it's up for sale I'm up for trying it.

I don't suppose you've got any side-by-side grows from your own testing that you could share with us? (doesn't have to be canna....)

GN
My Diaries: (1) MiniSogging it, 1gm/watt (2) Multistrain inc. KS, OT, Straw Bubba, SSSDH, Santa Maria, Blue Cheese
Cannaplanna - an excel grow tracker...free, macro free and 100% safe. Plan your grows so that you're never without

• Guests

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:15 AM

*Bumpity Bump*

http://greenshorticu...c-Coco-1317.asp :headpain:

#7 mellofello

mellofello

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:37 AM

This is a full nutrient containing the correct amount of NPK, so no additional nute would be required, maybe I should have worded it a bit better.

So do you mean its an all in one nute or a base nutrient like canna coco a+b? Would I still want to use pk 13/14 and something like canna boost? Sadly I just stocked up on nutes but if the price isn't too high I may pick up some to try.

peace

mello

#8 mellofello

mellofello

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

Also could you give me a feeding schedule so that I can work out how much I'd need to do a full grow please.

peace

mello

#9 mellofello

mellofello

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:15 PM

errr..... Hello? any answers?

peace

mello

#10 GreenNinja

GreenNinja

TheLunaticIsOnTheGrass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

I've just bought some PM+ Coco nutes, Granules and a small bottle of BioSilicon to try...oh yes, the Root Stim as well.

I'd really like a Coco schedule too. Anything around? Have checked the website and here, and all I can find is for soil.

Thanks

GN
My Diaries: (1) MiniSogging it, 1gm/watt (2) Multistrain inc. KS, OT, Straw Bubba, SSSDH, Santa Maria, Blue Cheese
Cannaplanna - an excel grow tracker...free, macro free and 100% safe. Plan your grows so that you're never without

#11 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:54 AM

CLICK HERE FOR THE COCO GROW SCHEDULE...

#12 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

So do you mean its an all in one nute or a base nutrient like canna coco a+b? Would I still want to use pk 13/14 and something like canna boost? Sadly I just stocked up on nutes but if the price isn't too high I may pick up some to try.

peace

mello

This is a full Nutrient. The addition of an "additive" such as Bloom Boost or a PK 13 /14 is by no means an essential item, these are used to create a bigger fruit meaning improved yields. Unfortunately I can not comment on competitors products, all I can say is follow the coco schedule and you should do alright :unsure:

#13 GreenNinja

GreenNinja

TheLunaticIsOnTheGrass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

MelloFello - it looks to me from the Coco schedule that you use their Boost product from weeks 5-7, and their Boost product is a PK.

PlantMagic - thanks for the schedule, but to be honest I think you guys need to work harder on the positioning of your products in the marketplace (i.e. fire your marketing guy - the agency work was great but you've grown beyond selection of a website and branding!).

I'm just telling it the way I see it, so please don't take this as trolling or being overly critical - and this is just my view, but these are the issues:

1) The Plant Magic system for anything other than soil doesn't seem to be very consistent/interoperable. For example, grow and bloom ratios need to be adjusted to take account of the humic acids (or fulvics?) if using your additives. Secondly, there appears to be mass confusion about how and when to use which additives. These additives don't appear on the grow schedule, there is no nute calc and so who is to know?

2) Your website is a one page brochureware, which is out of date and doesn't give the user/customer and additional information or help. It doesn't give any more info that you can find at Greens or a retailer (or the back of the bottle). I picked up a flyer with your forthcoming Rockdust products on the back of it but the website says nothing.

3) Your prices are EXPENSIVE...e.g. BioSilicon £30/litre, dilution 1.5ml/l compared to Liquid Silicon £10/litre 1ml/litre....or Root Stimulator £20/litre, dilution 5ml/l compared to Rhizotonic £30/litre, dilution 4 ml/litre (or even cheaper is H&G RootXL with a dilution ratio of 0.3/l). They might be the highest performance products on the market but who is going to spend all that money without a 'system' around it or in the very least more info? A lot of your market aren't inclined to spend money to then have to work it all out, especially when compared to competitors products.

I spent a decent amount of money on PM products yesterday, and I'm really willing to give them a try - but at the moment it just seems so much harder than existing systems. As for product placement in the marketplace, if you're aiming at experienced growers who know that you need to dial in a crop fair play....but for everyone else who don't want to faff about and just want a system to work, the product range offering as it stands needs some adjustment to make it more user friendly. I want to support a UK nute co, and I'm glad it's a high quality product designed for UK water, but right now it appears too expensive and too time consuming to warrant a significant amount of time or effort.

Hope this is taken constructively and I'm not flame roasted and then dropkickbanned...

GN

#14 naahsty

naahsty

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

I have been using a few of the Plant Magic products for the last month - granules, bio silicon, boost and Coco Grow Nutes. I like them all apart from the Nutes. I find them way, way too strong and not economical compared to others that I have used (Hesi and H&G). Just my opinion.

#15 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

PlantMagic - thanks for the schedule, but to be honest I think you guys need to work harder on the positioning of your products in the marketplace (i.e. fire your marketing guy - the agency work was great but you've grown beyond selection of a website and branding!).

I'm just telling it the way I see it, so please don't take this as trolling or being overly critical - and this is just my view, but these are the issues:

Everyone has there own opinions, I am ALWAYS open to constructive criticism, I tell all of our retailers who stock the product that if there is anything they would like for me to do then I am more than willing, if it is within my means, to help if it means their clients are more happy, so no offence taken.

This is however waaay off topic and really should have been posted as a seperate thread, but I will answer it here anyway.

1) The Plant Magic system for anything other than soil doesn't seem to be very consistent/interoperable. For example, grow and bloom ratios need to be adjusted to take account of the humic acids (or fulvics?) if using your additives. Secondly, there appears to be mass confusion about how and when to use which additives. These additives don't appear on the grow schedule, there is no nute calc and so who is to know?

The humates (boost) is geared mainly for the soil / compost users hence why they do not appear on the schedules for the hydro or coco users, so a bit confused as to what you're getting at here? These can however be applied as a foliar no matter what method of growing.

Just so you know, humics do not necessarily mean that you have to reduce the amount of nutrients you are using, what it does mean is that these become more readily available to the plant, this aids to speed up plant growth amongst many other things that I won't go in to right now.

Also, if we were to add every single additive on the grow schedules then I would feel it would deter people from using our range. Over the years we have all seen companies punting products and saying it is a "must have" item and essential to all growing. This is NOT the image we at Plant Magic would like to portray, if someone wants to just use a grow, bloom and a pk boost then so be it. If all and sundry was on the grow schedule it would appear to be a must have item and the price mounts up. Additives are NOT a must have, may be we are too honest for our own good?

2) Your website is a one page brochureware, which is out of date and doesn't give the user/customer and additional information or help. It doesn't give any more info that you can find at Greens or a retailer (or the back of the bottle). I picked up a flyer with your forthcoming Rockdust products on the back of it but the website says nothing.

Yes our website is pretty pants I admit. It is a working progress, nothing happens over night and EVERYTHING comes at a price, it will be updated as and when finances allow. Please bare in mind we are far far from being a multi million pound outfit, so all promo stuff etc will trickle in slowly but defo surely!

3) Your prices are EXPENSIVE...e.g. BioSilicon £30/litre, dilution 1.5ml/l compared to Liquid Silicon £10/litre 1ml/litre....or Root Stimulator £20/litre, dilution 5ml/l compared to Rhizotonic £30/litre, dilution 4 ml/litre (or even cheaper is H&G RootXL with a dilution ratio of 0.3/l). They might be the highest performance products on the market but who is going to spend all that money without a 'system' around it or in the very least more info? A lot of your market aren't inclined to spend money to then have to work it all out, especially when compared to competitors products.

Ok, I would just like to break this down......

Biosilicon is made specifically with the soil / compost user in mind. It is unlike Liquid Silicon so does not even compare i.e. Liquid Silicon is for hydro users which can not be used in soil / compost. This would be the same as using a hydroponic nutrient in compost and expecting the same results :wacko:

You have answered the argument for the root stim yourself :eek: Ours retails at £20, Rhizotonic is £30. This also appears on the grow schedules so where you get that people have to work it out for themselves is beyond me :yinyang: Plus it does say on the bottle (if you do not have a grow schedule) on how much to use at what stage i.e. propagation, vegatative etc.

I spent a decent amount of money on PM products yesterday, and I'm really willing to give them a try - but at the moment it just seems so much harder than existing systems. As for product placement in the marketplace, if you're aiming at experienced growers who know that you need to dial in a crop fair play....but for everyone else who don't want to faff about and just want a system to work, the product range offering as it stands needs some adjustment to make it more user friendly. I want to support a UK nute co, and I'm glad it's a high quality product designed for UK water, but right now it appears too expensive and too time consuming to warrant a significant amount of time or effort.

You contradict yourself here. Why did you go out and buy all the product range if you were unsure on how to use it and thought it to be too expensive?

I personally think you have blown this all out of proportion and making it difficult for yourself. It really is not that difficult. Yes the additives could get a bit complex but the important ones are on the relative schedules.

A PM or a seperate thread would have been better than tarnishing this thread.

I have been using a few of the Plant Magic products for the last month - granules, bio silicon, boost and Coco Grow Nutes. I like them all apart from the Nutes. I find them way, way too strong and not economical compared to others that I have used (Hesi and H&G). Just my opinion.

Hey naahsty,

Pleased you like the beneficial range :doh:

As for the nutrients, we like to add value for money. Have you been using a good ec pen or some sort of measuring equipment?

Yes, you may find our nutrients stronger than other co.s, this is because I am against dilluted down products. We like to offer value for money, just have a look at the colour of our part B compared to others that apparently have lots of humics and fulvics in. You will see that ours are alot darker, this is due to the amount of quality product being offered (NOT dilluted down). This actually makes it more economical as you have to use less nutrient so will go that bit further :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users