heyboy

Fungus Free !!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:02 PM

Good news sticky

I was thinking of trying biobizz last week - test a couple or half

agreed they will need flushing

but 1or 2mil of Biobiz grow or fish last week should make them taste like before ?

Flushing for last week would depend on pot size and stored up nutes

If a 6 litre pot is standard - 1 week = 2 or 3 waterings max

I occasionally use 4 litre pots in winter or if behind - so flushing might be only 4-5 days ( water every 2 days 4 litre)

Looking forward to more good reports on this !

hb

:guitar:
If in doubt - leave it out !

#17 Casey Jones

Casey Jones

In the shed next to the lawnmower

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

I switched to the Soil Bloom tonight and used 3ml per litre as advised, but on checking the EC of the water (as I'm using Autopots) it's only 0.8. Isn't this a bit low for flowering even though I'm using soil? I'd usually be looking at an EC of about 1.4-1.5 at this stage.

I've also bought the Bloom Boost, but won't be buying the Silicone as I think it's going to block the pipes/valve.

Edited by tywyn, 23 December 2009 - 07:46 PM.

Statistics are just like miniskirts - they give you good ideas, but hide the most important things

#18 Stone Monkey

Stone Monkey

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

I switched to the Soil Bloom tonight and used 3ml per litre as advised, but on checking the EC of the water (as I'm using Autopots) it's only 0.8. Isn't this a bit low for flowering even though I'm using soil? I'd usually be looking at an EC of about 1.4-1.5 at this stage.

I've also bought the Bloom Boost, but won't be buying the Silicone as I think it's going to block the pipes/valve.

not had a prob with silicone and autopots as long as you have filter in res you should be good.. x2 grows with silicone and autopot wiith no blockages...

#19 Casey Jones

Casey Jones

In the shed next to the lawnmower

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

Thanks Stone Monkey, I've just ordered a small 125ml bottle to give it a try. I'm about 4.5 weeks of 10 into flowering so it not too late to use it.

Btw are you adjusting the PH as I was reading in another thread that the silicone raises the PH significantly?

Statistics are just like miniskirts - they give you good ideas, but hide the most important things

#20 dopperj

dopperj

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

Does anyone know if using reverse osmosis water if I should be using hard or soft water nutes? maybe a splash of both?

#21 redeyes420

redeyes420

ADIDAS. All Day I Dream About Sativa's

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2612 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

use a dash of tap water 5%
and then use the soft water one :(
hth
red
Off to see the wizard ,,

#22 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

What advantages do these nutrients give over old school fish blood and bone mix and bone meal during flowering? What is the actual nutrient ingredient(s) added to Grow and Bloom (or is that a secret?)? Are they synthetically made in a laboratory?

#23 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

What advantages do these nutrients give over old school fish blood and bone mix and bone meal during flowering? What is the actual nutrient ingredient(s) added to Grow and Bloom (or is that a secret?)? Are they synthetically made in a laboratory?

Is fish blood and bone made in a factory, is it a liquid feed, what is its chemical content apart from its organic base?

PM's liquid soil/compost feed is part chemical salt part organic base, all soluble in water, its for feeding on a regular bases, its nutrient balance will be different for growing and blooming, its not really suitable for reservoir use, its for mixing and useing. How do you think it compares to fish blood and bone, are their uses even similar?
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#24 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

I see that you're trying to say it's like comparing apples and oranges, but will PM soil grow and bloom produce an overall better result in the end than more conventional organic fertilizers? If so, is it due to the nutrients or other additives like humate or is it due to some completely different factor?

Edited by Artificial Emotion, 10 March 2010 - 01:46 PM.

#25 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Its like this, blood fish and bone on its own is usually 7:7:0 the last people who made it were eclipse, not sure if they are still in business, nearly all bfb has added potash to balance the npk in the way of added murate of potash or sulphate of potash so they are not organic in any way. The nearest you could say is it is an organic based, a term used by the horticulture industry to indicate that it is sort of organic.

BFB like national growmore is what is called a base fertiliser, ie it is used to dress top soil as a medium term balanced fertiliser that will supply extra npk to garden soil for several months. Remember that garden/farm soil also has reserves of nearly every nutrient needed by plants.

Outdoors plants have unlimited soil to grow in dependent on how competitive any other plants there are in the immediate vicinity competing for root space.

Indoors we grow in pots in compost, of which there are mainly two types that we as canna growers use, they are lightly fertilised/light mix and multi purpose/allmix, both can be used for seeds/cuttings and growing on. Multipurpose has many times the amount of readily available fertiliser that garden soil has but only for a limited time. So plants can be grown for a few weeks before the roots extract all the readily available nutrients, once these run out feeding is needed with liquid fertilisers. This is because the container limits the volume of compost and in turn rootmass is limited to a tiny portion of what the plant would naturally grow.

You still get some nutrients released, but at a far slower rate than the plants need to flower and crop well.

With light mixes there is very little base fertiliser or should we say nutrient reserves, so with these liquid feeding is needed from once the plants start growing away well.

BFB is not a good fertiliser as a base in compost as the blood gets used very rapidly leaving the compost depleted of nitrogen. Secondly cannabis is very intolerant of sodium, so while bfb could be used to supplement real soil for gorilla growing, if its potash supplement is made up with murate of potash it is likely that it will either damage or inhibit cannabis. On the other hand if the supplement is sulphate of potash bfb is a quite good fertiliser to dress the ground with, and a light top dressing round the plants after a couple of months is also good.

So its not good for pot growing and depending on type could be quite good for outdoors in real soil if you don't mind crude chemical fertilisers.

Finally liquid fertiliser are blended to have exactly the right balance of nutrients that the plants need to grow or later what they need to bloom.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#26 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Thanks. That explains it!

#27 slipperyjim82

slipperyjim82

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

Hey people.

I know about the diagram stating the recommended doses of PM, but its all really confusing my stoned brain in all fairness.

I am growing in B&Q MP and I am due to switch to the flower cycle soon.

I am going to try out PM bloom only for this grow and was wondering about peoples feeding regimes? Eg will i have to half the dose to start with and then build up to the specified amount gradually to let the plants get used to the nute?

Also what are the recommended dosages of PlantMagic? Ive seen someone say they use 5ml/litre and others saying 2ml/litre?? :fuckyou:

Thanks in advance and sorry for being a dunce.

SJ

#28 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hey people.

I know about the diagram stating the recommended doses of PM, but its all really confusing my stoned brain in all fairness.

I am going to try out PM bloom only for this grow and was wondering about peoples feeding regimes? Eg will i have to half the dose to start with and then build up to the specified amount gradually to let the plants get used to the nute?

Also what are the recommended dosages of PlantMagic? Ive seen someone say they use 5ml/litre and others saying 2ml/litre?? :spliff:

SJ

SJ Iíll try and answer you, but which PM nutrient are you useing? ie chemical or organic, if chemical have to got the right one to match you water supply?

The reason I ask is your profile says biobizz which is organic and you have posted your question in PM's chemical compost nutrient topic.
Q. how do i make seeds?

#29 dopperj

dopperj

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

use a dash of tap water 5%
and then use the soft water one :stoned:
hth
red

thanks red

#30 slipperyjim82

slipperyjim82

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

Hey people.

Also what are the recommended dosages of PlantMagic? Ive seen someone say they use 5ml/litre and others saying 2ml/litre?? :wink:

SJ

SJ Iíll try and answer you, but which PM nutrient are you useing? ie chemical or organic, if chemical have to got the right one to match you water supply?

The reason I ask is your profile says biobizz which is organic and you have posted your question in PM's chemical compost nutrient topic.

Hey OT..

My profile says Biobizz due to this being my first grow and I was leaning towards biobizz at the early stages of planning.

After reserch i really want to try PM+. I have hard water and im growing in soil.. Can you give me a list of the ones i need please so i can look them up and buy them. I was told that i really only need the bloom nute and not really the grow nute? Is this correct?

This organic and non-organic business confuses me also.. I dont really mind for my first grow, was really exploring all avenues. What do you advise for my first grow? Organic or not?

Im due to buy my nutes in about 2-3 weeks and i should really get this all sussed before i start adding them ")

Thanks for your time mate.

SJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users